Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

What if Poison halved your Healing

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

What if Poison halved your Healing Empty What if Poison halved your Healing

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:48 pm

What if poison/toxin halved your healing, like it did in Demon's Souls. Poison a guy who likes to heal would be a good way to beat them without using Talisman of Lloyd, also poison lasts far longer that Talisman's effect. And needs to be cured through a consumable, not just by dodging around until it wears off.

It doesn't prevent them from healing, it would just halve the amount of HP they receive from healing items (except humanity and Divine Blessings).

What do you think? In Demon's Souls that was a good way to kill an honor-less fighter who ate healing grass all freaking day (in Demon's Souls, you could get 99 grass, you could buy them, and you could even get 99 of every type of healing grass so you never run out of FREAKING GRASS).

Last edited by ChizFreak on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

What if Poison halved your Healing Empty Re: What if Poison halved your Healing

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Shouldn't this be pvp section? Although it would make Blighttown slightly more difficult admittedly.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:Shouldn't this be pvp section? Although it would make Blighttown slightly more difficult admittedly.

It applies to offline gameplay too. So I think it fits in General Discussion. And it wouldn't make it impossible, you would just need purple moss and you get a lot of them by killing the guys who spit darts at you. You can buy them from a merchant. The tree men drops them EXTREMELY often. And you can always wait until the effect wears off (it's not as long as toxin).

Of course if you're toxin you're pretty much screwed unless you have glowing moss. But that's exactly how it works now, the toxin part would only affect PvP because in low levels where you get toxin you are dead in seconds without a glowing moss. At Slvl 120, I could been toxin in PvP and I can live a fairly good amount of time, enough to kill my opponent.
    WarriorOfSunlight
    WarriorOfSunlight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by WarriorOfSunlight Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:55 pm

I think it would dis-balance pve, but my opinions on pvp are not universally loved (see my sig) so I'll be quite and let you guys debate it out.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:29 am

Maybe if poison halved healing but toxic didn't, it would give poison more of a utilitarian use and toxic more of a damage use.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:03 pm

ChizFreak wrote:What if poison/toxin halved your healing, like it did in Demon's Souls. Poison a guy who likes to heal would be a good way to beat them without using Talisman of Lloyd, also poison lasts far longer that Talisman's effect. And needs to be cured through a consumable, not just by dodging around until it wears off.

It doesn't prevent them from healing, it would just halve the amount of HP they receive from healing items (except humanity and Divine Blessings).

What do you think? In Demon's Souls that was a good way to kill an honor-less fighter who ate healing grass all freaking day (in Demon's Souls, you could get 99 grass, you could buy them, and you could even get 99 of every type of healing grass so you never run out of FREAKING GRASS).

People who spammed grass generally weren't hard to kill regardless, spam grass? Backstab, spam R1 and they drop fairly quick or a Soul Spear or two to the face. Don't think I ever had an issue with it in Demon Soul's since people who did that constantly were bad anyway.The difference is that you could use grass as well, can't flask as an invader in Dark.
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:09 pm

WarriorOfSunlight wrote:I think it would dis-balance pve, but my opinions on pvp are not universally loved (see my sig) so I'll be quite and let you guys debate it out.

*facepalm*, there are plenty of console based PvE games, extremely good ones, what there is a lack of are PvP games. The fact that this series incorporated PvP into its gameplay and the difficulty of the game itself is what make it successful. Take out the PvP and it's like many other games out there.

But besides that I agree with the polls, they are completely pointless. The only way any of our opinions would be taken into consideration is if this had a monthly subscription like an MMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:19 pm