Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Soul of Stray Demon
6 posters

Healing Items

Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Healing Items Empty Healing Items

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:25 pm

Why does anyone think that having consumable healing items will make dark souls 2 easy? We already have that in the original dark souls with humanity. In fact, It seems like healing will be slower in dks 2 then in dks.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Healing Items Empty Re: Healing Items

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:46 pm

And grass in Demon's. I honestly just don't know enough about it yet to really comment.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:35 pm

I hope there's some balance but it's not like grass made Demons a cakewalk or Estus in Dark. Once you know a little about the worlds it can be exploited. Like Demons it's easy enough to pop into the Tower Knight stone and kill the two knights for some grass. The frequency of drops is maybe too high in Demon's but for first time exploration purposes (the time when limitations are felt most) I always found myself limiting the number I carried because hey.....you never know what treasure is around the corner. It's easy for us to find things to exploit because this community is made up of pretty hardcore fans of one or both games. Of course we know how to farm humanity or grass to no end. I, for one, had no idea the first time I played though. And that's always the most important time.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Consumable healing is PvP nonsense bait and makes what would otherwise be a hard choice less difficult.  It also eliminates one of the core facets of the difference between builds, as well as the entire utility of the estus and Lloyd's mechanic.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:33 pm

But apparently with the consumable healing items, they are going to heal so slow they aren't really viable during combat. It doesn't much change pvp if they aren't useful during a fight.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:28 am

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:But apparently with the consumable healing items, they are going to heal so slow they aren't really viable during combat. It doesn't much change pvp if they aren't useful during a fight.
    True, but I'll believe it when I see it.  With grass or things like hacked blessings MP can be pretty tiresome.  Humanity is annoying also but not as bad.
    dreamperil

Post by dreamperil Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Somehow I don't believe difficulty will be an issue, even with alternate healing items. This is a team of developers who get off on killing the player, and, though I am up to the challenge, I don't mind if From Software wants to throw me a few bones to help me out. I am sure the game won't be too easy...
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:49 pm

Actually, at least with Demon's Soul's the developer had stated that the difficulty wasn't made that way to be hard, but more just to give the player a sense of accomplishment. So the difficulty isn't there just to be difficult. But as long as what they put in makes you feel special for being to accomplish it, I'm game.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:52 pm

dreamperil wrote:Somehow I don't believe difficulty will be an issue, even with alternate healing items. This is a team of developers who get off on killing the player, and, though I am up to the challenge, I don't mind if From Software wants to throw me a few bones to help me out. I am sure the game won't be too easy...
    This. 

Also, if there are more kinds of healing items to farm, there will be more parts of the game each player wants to discover. If you want lots of slow healing items, well, you've got to discover where you can get more. Stuff like that. I enjoy it, and I look forward to it.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 pm

hmm, then you end up with them spending time just on healing item placement that could go somewhere else, but at the same time, it does make for some fun traps. Here's a healing item, now DIE.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:57 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:hmm, then you end up with them spending time just on healing item placement that could go somewhere else, but at the same time, it does make for some fun traps. Here's a healing item, now DIE.
    Not really placement, but drop rate with different monsters. 

Like trying to find out the best way to farm Twinkling titanite or Blue Tiatanite Chunks, or Humanity. There are different ways to do any of that, and some players have their own favorite farming spots for certain items. 

It's really neat in my opinion.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:02 pm

Oh, yeah, forgot about them just possible dropping it. hmm You think maybe humanity won't be able to heal then?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:03 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:Oh, yeah, forgot about them just possible dropping it. hmm You think maybe humanity won't be able to heal then?
    What humanity? I haven't seen any in the gameplay I've watched. And there isn't a humanity counter in the top left anymore.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:28 pm

well, I meant if there is. I was just making a guess there will be as it's a big part of being undead.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:well, I meant if there is. I was just making a guess there will be as it's a big part of being undead.
    We probably won't be undead, per say. The devs admit their mistake in making the character look so horrible for such a large amount of time in the game.

Well, maybe we just won't be so close to hollowing, and will look normal and human, but still undead. *shrug* who knows.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:31 pm

They've talked about a curse you're trying to lift but since we already did the whole Flame thing on Lordran I bet it won't be undead
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:They've talked about a curse you're trying to lift but since we already did the whole Flame thing on Lordran I bet it won't be undead
    Could still be that. I think DkS2 will be farther back in the timeline. And thus the curse of the undead could still be the goal of the protagonist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am