Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+78
PSneep
The-Terran
mdpenman
nandosss
phastings
JeyJeyMalkavian
Halian
los3r
igl00
PoisonCourtesan
Raikan007
Hereticool
Sym
gigamahooz
Frit
BlacSwan
chacobo
Badshot
DMax7XeL
Rollo-99
>Brave<
Dibsville
Tanklord
benny-the-jew
BluTeamWolf
laughingvixen
mankind
RANT
skarekrow13
Marionx
DrAwkward
Mihawk
Silver Mont
Argetlam350
Vintcent
Carphil
DecayedBomb
TehInfamousAmos
DemonOfFate
CaptainSunbro
Dahlia_Inosensu
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Glassghost
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
crazydogtfa
lordgodofhell
Baal-Avatar
Djem
OmarTheFuzzy
cgboy
NDenizen
Framais
Emergence
VexedEnigma
Sal Paradise
mr_no_face
Sargerus
LunarFog
Myztyrio
CarverUpqik
densetsushun
Noob-of-Artorias
Halicarnassis
eminusx
Saturday-Saint
Thymos
Liudeius
Soris Ice Goldwing
vegan666
ublug
Frank_White
ResIsBestStat
Slarg232
DE5PA1R
User1
Ashran
Tolvo
BIG TIME MASTER
82 posters

Shield Design Contest

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Shield Design Contest - Page 24 Empty Re: Shield Design Contest

Post by skarekrow13 Thu May 02, 2013 3:21 pm

As I'm sure you've both noticed I switched my signature days ago to only link to the compiled list of shields. I've gotten maybe six votes all week between all of my shields.

I don't wanna come across as whiny here so let me be clear when I say I sincerely didn't think I was going to win or even crack the top 30. I'm very proud of my designs as they reflect me as an "artist" and are representative of my ability and style. But there's some amazing stuff being entered that, if I had to choose, I would pick over mine to be in the game. I love mine but I can honestly say I think others are more deserving.

With that (long) disclaimer in mind, I am still pretty shocked by the apathy toward the contest here. I know Baal warned us that the last contest was similar but I felt the community had expanded enough where one of us would get some good results.

I've been checking here and there but not in awhile. Last I knew there were a few really good designs posted by forum members that were doing well and that's definitely a plus. I think some of them got a good early push which helped.

But honestly: Rant...the designs by you and your wife are great. They're quirky in a way that anyone in game would be DYING to know the story behind them. Baal's crow shield is just about perfect. Halicarnassis' circle shields are unique as hell. Eminus' kraken was the first one posted in the contest (that I saw) that took into account the sea being a big part of the game. Sorry to leave people out but I can safely say that anyone who has posted here has had a better design than some of the ones in the top thirty. Even if none of us made it to that tier, I'm a little sadder every day that goes by where a forum of people who are stark raving mad about Dark Souls, haven't even bothered to peek at some amazing stuff and maybe even take part (albeit a small part) in shaping the future of a beloved franchise.

End Rant (not you Rant, you can continue)
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Thu May 02, 2013 4:27 pm

I've been seing some cool designs here. Here's my shield design for those who are interested https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2477

Some of the details don't really show up on the thumbnail, here's a high-res version https://i.imgur.com/0NK4lDx.jpg
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Its a pity that the majority of the shields that went up first are leading the pack. There are so many pages that not all of them are being viewed. I propose that once the 10 days close we have our own vote of some of the best forum member shields and commit ourselves to vote for each shield so we can get them noticed.

@Frit that's a really nice shield - you got a vote from me.

Standard shield attributes: parry like the target shield, defense like great shield of Artorias and 100% flame res and 100% Dark Magic res! lol! Oh, and it makes coffee in the morning before you even have your eyes open.
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Fri May 03, 2013 10:08 am

skarekrow13 wrote:

Also, I don't need any more +1s.....too many more and it'll go to my head. Or right to my hips

HA-HAAAAAA! You'll look like Beyonce now dude! lol!
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Fri May 03, 2013 7:19 pm

Hmm... if my shield keeps up at its current pace, I will be first place in EU category in around 5 or 6 days, depending on whether or not the Archtree shield gets taken down for being "plagiarized."

I fully intend to win! And hey, if you wanna help see a shield from this forum win, any votes/shares you can spare would be awesome! And of course, I'm voting for all your shields too.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 03, 2013 8:14 pm

That's awesome! You've had my vote
    BluTeamWolf
    BluTeamWolf

Post by BluTeamWolf Fri May 03, 2013 8:30 pm

You can do it, Ash Shield ^^ im so incredibly glad the mods made a start on culling those plagiarized entries, finally some justice for the community.
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Fri May 03, 2013 9:27 pm

BluTeamWolf wrote:You can do it, Ash Shield ^^ im so incredibly glad the mods made a start on culling those plagiarized entries, finally some justice for the community.

Yes! There's still a lot that need to be taken down, but it's a good start, I'd say. I sent them a list of all the plagiarized entries, and they replied, so at least they are actually looking at them, which is also good to know.
    gigamahooz
    gigamahooz

Post by gigamahooz Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 am

Oi, just poppin in to see if I can get any constructive criticism on my new shield https://www.Tinyurl.com/gigacrushfb

Already submitted but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say in case I get inspired to make another. Cheers~

Last edited by gigamahooz on Tue May 07, 2013 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Sat May 04, 2013 5:57 am

Halicarnassis wrote:

@Frit that's a really nice shield - you got a vote from me.

Thank you! My shield is 6 votes away from being on the Top 30, so all the help is welcome happy
    BlacSwan

Post by BlacSwan Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Hey guys! I would really appreciate getting some more votes for my shield for the Dark Souls 2 design contest. Click the link below to go to the Facebook app. It should bring you directly to my shield where you can click “vote”. If it doesn’t bring you directly to my shield which is Azurite Guard, then close the window and click the link again.

https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2122

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Sat May 04, 2013 9:28 pm

Silver Mont wrote:Hmm... if my shield keeps up at its current pace, I will be first place in EU category in around 5 or 6 days, depending on whether or not the Archtree shield gets taken down for being "plagiarized."

I fully intend to win! And hey, if you wanna help see a shield from this forum win, any votes/shares you can spare would be awesome! And of course, I'm voting for all your shields too.

Dude you got my vote! Fingers X'd for you and I fully expect a party at your house when you land first place... official invitations to be delivered by Black Crow naturally lol!

On another note - have you noticed how many of the shields leading he pack seem to have disappeared the last 24 hours. Are these the plagiarised ones do you think?
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sat May 04, 2013 10:41 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:
    Silver Mont wrote:Hmm... if my shield keeps up at its current pace, I will be first place in EU category in around 5 or 6 days, depending on whether or not the Archtree shield gets taken down for being "plagiarized."

Dude you got my vote! Fingers X'd for you and I fully expect a party at your house when you land first place... official invitations to be delivered by Black Crow naturally lol!

On another note - have you noticed how many of the shields leading he pack seem to have disappeared the last 24 hours. Are these the plagiarised ones do you think?

Thanks man, I'm very close to second now, and seeing as first place might get taken down (using a google image) I'm getting pretty close! And yeah, they took down a few of the rule breaking ones, but there's still a lot to go! That Caravaggio one hasn't been taken down, for example. It's literally just a painting copy/pasted onto the template, badly.

Edit: And now I'm first in EU category! =D Now I just need to remain at the top for 15 days!
    Rollo-99

Post by Rollo-99 Sun May 05, 2013 2:03 pm

So glad my shield picked up some steam in the last few days. On my way to the 100 vote milestone, big thanks to any wiki folk who dropped a vote for me happy. There's still a chance to make it to the top 30, but I'll need alot of help to get the last 50 votes.Please, take a look at my shield and drop a vote if you haven't yet guys.
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2831
    Shield Design Contest - Page 24 Shield19
    Rollo-99

Post by Rollo-99 Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm

@Silvr Mont, congrats on your vote total man. You don't have to nesscarily remain in the #1 spot , ur shield is definitely safe tho. I believe the top 30 voted for each template are sent to fromsoft for final judging, there's no instant win for coming in 1st place, aside from bragging rights i guess winking
    Silver Mont
    Silver Mont
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Silver Mont Sun May 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Rollo-99 wrote:@Silvr Mont, congrats on your vote total man. You don't have to nesscarily remain in the #1 spot , ur shield is definitely safe tho. I believe the top 30 voted for each template are sent to fromsoft for final judging, there's no instant win for coming in 1st place, aside from bragging rights i guess winking

I'm both extremely competitive and very modest. So bragging rights are 50/50 with me!

I voted on your design btw, it's pretty cool.
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Sun May 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Rollo-99 wrote:So glad my shield picked up some steam in the last few days. On my way to the 100 vote milestone, big thanks to any wiki folk who dropped a vote for me happy. There's still a chance to make it to the top 30, but I'll need alot of help to get the last 50 votes.Please, take a look at my shield and drop a vote if you haven't yet guys.

Nice shield, you have my vote happy
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun May 05, 2013 6:31 pm

great shields guys, voted for all of you. I myself am about to give up lol kinda sucks that people aren't going back to the new shields or even looking past the second page of the top shields since they're missing A LOT of imo better shields than some of the ones on the top thirty.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun May 05, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm with Rant. Looking forward to seeing a few people on this thread winning.

Still voting for everyone too. Awesome stuff.
    Sym
    Sym

Post by Sym Mon May 06, 2013 12:54 am

Ohh I suppose I'll throw mine in here as well - can't get votes if I don't advertise!

Thousand-Year Crest:
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2556

Shield Design Contest - Page 24 DiscordShield_zps1840c7b6
    Frit
    Frit

Post by Frit Mon May 06, 2013 6:27 am

Sym wrote:Ohh I suppose I'll throw mine in here as well - can't get votes if I don't advertise!

Already voted yours happy
    DrAwkward
    DrAwkward

Post by DrAwkward Mon May 06, 2013 2:53 pm

@Rant, I'm still rooting for your honeycomb shield! I think it's great! We'll see what can happen in 7 days.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon May 06, 2013 5:57 pm

Sym wrote:Ohh I suppose I'll throw mine in here as well - can't get votes if I don't advertise!

Thousand-Year Crest:
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2556

Shield Design Contest - Page 24 DiscordShield_zps1840c7b6
    Damn dude, this is cool.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon May 06, 2013 5:59 pm

DrAwkward wrote:@Rant, I'm still rooting for your honeycomb shield! I think it's great! We'll see what can happen in 7 days.

thanks, I doubt it though lol. hopefully one of us gets picked which would be awesome.
    Hereticool
    Hereticool

Post by Hereticool Mon May 06, 2013 6:51 pm

Hi all,

I've been lurking on the wiki for quite some time but only just officially joined. I only found out about the shield competition last week, which means I'm very late getting into the competition and starting from way behind. Please take a look at my designs if you have a spare moment, any support is greatly appreciated. I know I won't be able to get the thousands of votes required to be at the top, but I'm hoping that enough people like my work that one of them will break into the top 30. Thanks!

Forest Oni
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3105

Corvus Crest
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3205

Leviathan Vertebrae
    https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=3206

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:39 am