Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
passivefamiliar
Gambs_the_Grey
raecor14
MosquitoPower
Latitoast
Noob-of-Artorias
Ashran
Emergence
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
twigsterxd
Shindori
Dibsville
Animaaal
steveswede
Hatsune Miku
aceluby
Mr. Tart
nsane32
RANT
Zeta Prime
Soris Ice Goldwing
Serious_Much
PlasticandRage
Forum Pirate
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Tolvo
sure-magicians
Longshot
Spurgun
VaDoom
AnCapaillMor
User1
densetsushun
38 posters

Things that make you feel old

densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Things that make you feel old - Page 6 Empty Re: Things that make you feel old

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:29 am

Tolvo wrote:I should go for one with terrible mental imagery!

Whenever I'm in the shower and have to scrub my wrinkled scrotum.
    I don't know about you, but everyone's scrotum is somewhat wrinkled silly
    raecor14 wrote:when the friends start to get married sad
    When your friends are getting married and getting children and all you can think is "I want that too" sad
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:08 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:I should go for one with terrible mental imagery!

Whenever I'm in the shower and have to scrub my wrinkled scrotum.
    I don't know about you, but everyone's scrotum is somewhat wrinkled silly
    raecor14 wrote:when the friends start to get married sad
    When your friends are getting married and getting children and all you can think is "I want that too" sad

naww, being 16 i must say, i am rather glad i don't have kids ahahaha
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:07 am

I'm old. but people always say i'm young at heart..
    Which is a nice way of saying, shouldn't you have achieved more by now..
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:29 am

comicbook shops. know of one? i remember going to them as a child, with friends. it had KIDS in it. now, i know of one. and it usually has older men that appear to be very very single filling it.

not sure what half these kids even know about comicbooks. they were what cartoons are now. i still keep up with comics to but kids....now...digital media
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:33 am

passivefamiliar wrote:comicbook shops. know of one? i remember going to them as a child, with friends. it had KIDS in it. now, i know of one. and it usually has older men that appear to be very very single filling it.

not sure what half these kids even know about comicbooks. they were what cartoons are now. i still keep up with comics to but kids....now...digital media
    I don't know how old you are, but comics were always more of an adult hobby.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 am

Jaysus Den you shouldn't be posting on this thread after that commnet.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:Jaysus Den you shouldn't be posting on this thread after that commnet.
    I've honestly no clue what you meant with that, Capa.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:45 am

If you don't remember comics, you're not old enough to feel old.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 am

Like I said, comics were always more of an adult hobby. Superman started as a comic to boost morale for US troops in the second World War, the target demographic for most comic books are adults.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:21 am

Seriously i remember collecting them as a kid, most of my mates did, used loved going to my mates house reading his older brothers collection of 2000AD, christ Den you're making me feel very old now.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:29 am

I'm not saying kids didn't read or collect them, I'm saying they were always targeted more at adults than they were at kids.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:33 am

AnCapaillMor wrote:his older brothers collection of 2000AD

I fooking loved Slaine from 2000AD, I used to read my dads collection when I was a kid.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am

Slaine ruled, rogue trooper was the biz though.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:00 pm

I used to read Marvel and tales from the crypt in my teens.
    I did get into some of the Vertigo titles. Transmetropolitan, 100 bullets etc.
    They are deffinately aimed for adults
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:03 pm

I really need to look into these old gems again, being an adult now will probably make me appreciate the other stories more. I remember of Rogue Trooper but don't remember anything else apart from that. Play the hell out of Rogue Trooper though on the Spectrum. That really shows your age if you owned one of them in the day.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:04 pm

Actually got a huge collection of X-men, the Age of Apocalypse is my pride and joy.

There was a reboot of the rogue trooper game out a few years a go, spectrum pah was too poor for one. got my first console(Ps2) with my first decent job.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 pm

in what world was superman created to unplift soldiers...im going to research this, but post some links because im calling BS on that comment.

i think its a matter of your opinion for comics age group...because i know as a kid it was kids in the store, my dad had a collection of his from when he was a KID not a recently created adult purchase.

i hate to be critical. but i think your dead wrong...maybe NOW they are aimed at adults. but they used to be alot more simple, now you have alternate universes and storylines that go for a very long time.

superman used to be simple. stop a rocket from blowing up a city. catch the giant dinosuar that got thawed and save the city. etc etc
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:38 pm

@ densetsushun . a little very little searching confirms...you were thinking of captain america...NOT superman. so again i call BS on your post and leave here considering you a person who has yet to touch a comic and falls into the digital media age of children. nobody who grew up on comics would confuse captain america with superman.... especially because superman was created BEFORE world war 2. nice fail. keep trying.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:42 pm

passivefamiliar wrote: @ densetsushun . a little very little searching confirms...you were thinking of captain america...NOT superman. so again i call BS on your post and leave here considering you a person who has yet to touch a comic and falls into the digital media age of children. nobody who grew up on comics would confuse captain america with superman.... especially because superman was created BEFORE world war 2. nice fail. keep trying.
    Nice job being unnecessarily crass, and I did confuse the two, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Superman was influenced by and tackled adult issues of the times in which the comics were written. I have no need to defend whether I read comics or not to you, nor do I have to justify my arguments with anything but arguments, but clearly you feel the need to throw insults around. Good day to you.

Edit: FYI, that you read and collected comics as a kid and your father did means nothing about what the writers and publishers intended. That's just an anecdote that's irrelevant to the discussion.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:54 pm

this is fast on its way to derailing the topic.

i end saying. sorry to be so harsh, but you called me out and it somehow upset me. the concept that either of us or anyone can say with certantiy who comics were aimed it is a joke. it was aimed at people who could buy them. profit was the aim.
    i dont care if you read them or not, proving anything online to anyone is impossible. it is full of idiots, children and grown men and women with no lives and nothing but hate and envy. (not calling you any just generalizing the negative side of things)
    in general, sorry. but only just. becuase...in reality...who cares what a person online says. f it.

on topic.

another thing that makes me feel old.
    trix cereal. it used to be fruit shapped, not even that long ago...i think.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Apology accepted, and I admit that I was wrong and apologise for that as well. You're right in the fact that our speculation on what the writers intended is moot as we just don't know unless they state it.

I haven't had Trix in ages so I have no idea what the shapes are like now.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm

they are nothing but colorful circles. no shapes, well...circles, but not fruit related. unless they are all oranges/apples or what have you.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:10 pm

...So now they're Fruit Loops?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Cindy Crawford
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:31 pm

Claudia Schiffer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 am