Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+43
Sevans
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
psychichobo
MistahrFox
ublug
Muker
twilightwarwolf
Dustsgr
Jester's Tears
EeAyEss
Forum Pirate
Dibsville
Cartod
Wolfsbane
Juutas
ninjashifty
Odinbear
Djem
morte
Soulfirexp
Werdax
Mr. Tart
AnCapaillMor
Kyuseishu
mugenis4real
Soris Ice Goldwing
Elifia
GrinTwist
Serious_Much
Thedeadships
Xaelai
Phoenix Rising
Dubscythe
Tolvo
WandererReece
RANT
megaoptamas759
User1
JamieJae
Myztyrio
The Letter X
sfcc
Shindori
47 posters

What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II?

Wolfsbane
    Wolfsbane

What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II?

Post by Wolfsbane Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm already liking those cyclopian "ninja turtles" lol no backstabbing them that's fo sho.
    Can't wait to see what else changes the way we like to play happy
    Cartod
    Cartod
    Casual
    Casual

What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II?

Post by Cartod Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:06 pm

A phantom NPC invader named "Chaoshander Giantdad" that does the "Well what is it?" emote if he kills you.

I'd buy it twice.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:37 pm

I have said this many times before, and I will never change my mind.
    I WANT backstabs in game, but I want them to be like they were in Demon's Souls.
    For people who don't know: Getting a backstab in Demon's Souls was well earned, as it would only do damage if the person DID NOT roll away before the animation started, this meant that lagstabs weren't really a problem.
    If this gets implemented, I'm getting it for sure. Not that I don't want to get it right away, but...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:40 pm

The DES greataxe making a triumphant return. I'd play the game just to pound new thing to paste with it.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Cartod wrote:A phantom NPC invader named "Chaoshander Giantdad" that does the "Well what is it?" emote if he kills you.

I'd buy it twice.
    +1 to you, sir.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:42 pm

AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Don't think backstabs are going anywhere. Those who complain and want them gone, may want to buy another game. Lol. Learn to counter. Learn to stay at a distance. Learn patience. Grasshopper.

Agree on keeping BSing, with no bs's you'll have everyone 2 handing a zwei and swinging like mad or spamming R2 on every heavy weapon.
    How to stop a backstab: Kick.
    Even if you have Curved Sword/Rapier, it will hit them right before the backstab, causing the glitch where you don't take damage.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:The DES greataxe making a triumphant return. I'd play the game just to pound new thing to paste with it.

AMEN!
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    AnCapaillMor wrote:
    Odinbear wrote:Don't think backstabs are going anywhere. Those who complain and want them gone, may want to buy another game. Lol. Learn to counter. Learn to stay at a distance. Learn patience. Grasshopper.

Agree on keeping BSing, with no bs's you'll have everyone 2 handing a zwei and swinging like mad or spamming R2 on every heavy weapon.
    How to stop a backstab: Kick.
    Even if you have Curved Sword/Rapier, it will hit them right before the backstab, causing the glitch where you don't take damage.

That ain't no glitch. It's there to make lagstabs less of a problem.

Also even though rolling out of a backstab was easier in DeS, starting a backstab animation by attacking someone's shoulder was also easier.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:38 pm

Brutal Parries.
    And ''Finsih Him'' type of Parries where you get a special Animation that will land the Killing Blow.
    Example:
    -Normal Parry is the classic one (Sword to the gut)
    -FH Parry = Cut his throat and when he goes down on his knees, Go behind him and do the good'ol Slice!
    What would 'seal the deal' for you for Dark souls II? - Page 3 Hanging

It would probably never happend But hey!

ON-TOPIC.
    Solid PvP.
    Dustsgr

Post by Dustsgr Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:54 pm

nothing man i bet my Balls Dark Souls 2 will rock our heads out.

a g a i n .
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Shindori wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:Keeping the nature of Dark Souls.
    But with the atmosphere and feel of Demon's souls. which is exactly what it looks like to me.

Seems so to me too. I prefer Dark Souls a bit.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:54 pm

id like to have no crit bonus on weps (as if they'd EVER do that)and have a crit weapon path to get one but since that isnt going to happen how about the crit bonus path? id also like the poison path back and plauge they should have that it would be great to poison toxic and plauge someone but the real thing to get me is between WAY more in game covs which give alternate endings when you beat it ( not gonna happen im sure but ill keep my hopes up if only to get them crushed later ) and if you could customize char, armor, and weapons more. i mean like changes the colors and some different types of the same armor as you upgrade it such and if your in a co you get a special one for as long as your in it. thats all just me though.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

Better PVP shields. I had hella fun with the one in DS. Old monk fight, roll, shield bash, rinse, repeat. Seems none of the current shields in DkS. Bash as fast nor have any real use.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:37 am

Nerfing everything you can't beat or master is not a viable solution, for me , at least.

If they nerfed everything that players told them to nerf, then we would have almost nothing in this game. There would be no criticals, no magic, no powerful strength weapons, no fast dexterity weapons, no useful rings, no good armor, no hard enemies or bosses, and red phantoms would get 50% less defense and attack so they don't stand a chance in a 1v1 against the host.

Basicly, the final product would be a dumbed down game that everyone would hate.

Cartod wrote:A phantom NPC invader named "Chaoshander Giantdad" that does the "Well what is it?" emote if he kills you.
    I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, but I love that idea. I seriously think that should be in the game.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 pm

WandererReece wrote:

Nerfing everything you can't beat or master is not a viable solution, for me , at least.

If they nerfed everything that players told them to nerf, then we would have almost nothing in this game. There would be no criticals, no magic, no powerful strength weapons, no fast dexterity weapons, no useful rings, no good armor, no hard enemies or bosses, and red phantoms would get 50% less defense and attack so they don't stand a chance in a 1v1 against the host.

Basicly, the final product would be a dumbed down game that everyone would hate.

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious, but I love that idea. I seriously think that should be in the game.

It would need to be a ninja-flipping, full havels/giants lightning zwiel dual wielding phantom with the mask of the father.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 pm

concerning backstabs

when you watch
    http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo
    at 3:38 it should be a backstab right, if they were in? just saying....
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:34 pm

Lol. Not at all. That enemy is not human, or even really humanoid. You can't bs the cappa demons or the taurus demons. You cant bs snorlax and pikachu. you can't bs the berntike knights.
    Muker
    Muker
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Muker Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:12 pm

Movesets looks like Large Club vielding ogre from B-Town. And you can backstab them.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Muker wrote:concerning backstabs

when you watch
    http://uk.ign.com/videos/2013/04/10/dark-souls-2-gameplay-reveal-12-minute-demo
    at 3:38 it should be a backstab right, if they were in? just saying....

Well, if you look at that armor, it is probably a realism mechanic, where you have so much armor that you can't get backstabbed and pierce damage in particular is reduced. It makes sense, in my mind.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm

I just had an idea about backstabs (and ripostes). What if backstabs did % of HP damage, based on the crit stat of each weapon and max hp, kind of like bleed or fall damage? They would still scale with stats, so when you for example max out a rapier with 40 crit, it would do 40% damage to HP regardless of level, armor, etc. This way you will never be one-shot by a critical attack if you have full HP, regardless of max HP.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 pm

It seems like a good idea to me, but if every attack worked in such a way, the Hornet Ring would have limited use. Fishers everywhere would revolt. silly
    MistahrFox
    MistahrFox
    Regular
    Regular

Post by MistahrFox Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:55 pm

A lot of people seem to want BS's to be gone but at the 12 mins gameplay video, at the time where the PC gets killed by the turtleback guys, it looks and sounds like he died from a backstab, from those guys. Probably just my imagination but yeah.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:58 pm

I actually don't want backstabs gone. I just want the backstab window to be smaller, and do less damage, as well as there being some kind of resistance to it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:00 pm

I would rather backstabs stay. They are useful on anyone who you can get behind who is either more powerful than you, or much higher hp. For those that actually need the advantage, it's an addition that should stay.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:45 pm

I don't wish for backstabs to stay, but if they do then oh well. I'm only hoping for bs fishers to go away since they're boring to fight against.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 am