Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Share
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:17 pm

    How do you do this?

    Trading blows on lag I can get, hitting them on roll recovery on lag I can get, parrying foolhardy R1 spammers I can get, but I keep getting killed when they start lagshotting like crazy.

    As in, they dual wield their katana/gold tracer, they slash, I dodge, and they just keep slashing empty space. Upon recovery from the roll (sometimes two) I wind up halfway across the screen, yet I'm still taking damage for anywhere between 1-5 attacks despite being nowhere near them.

    I literally just DWGR rolled 2x away from this French guy (and wound up behind a tree), and as I recovered from the second roll he started hacking at the spot where I was 2 rolls prior and I kept getting damage from him hitting empty space. Went from 12xx hp to 0 in a matter of seconds. And then he ran up to the tree where I was dying from invisible hits and went Well What is it

    I'm not offended, but I really need a way to stop getting done in by this. Especially for the people who throw out cautious single slashes, then only go to town on my invisible hitbox when I roll away.


    Last edited by OrnsteinBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    reim0027
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Posts : 6715
    Reputation : 381
    Join date : 2012-01-28

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by reim0027 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 pm

    Give the TV the finger, calm down, and move on. If someone invades me (or I invade them) that constantly lags, then I just block them to prevent invasions in the future.

    The problem with compensating with lag is it is so unpredictable. I guess spear turtling is the best method.


    _________________


    PSN usernames: reim0027_2,   reim0027_3,  and reim0027_5.  Skype ID: reim0027  
    Tour of Lordran Soul Levels  //  Official Wiki Fight Club // Forest Invasion Soul Levels // Low Level Invasion Rules
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by The Letter X on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:34 pm

    Stay the hell away or pull out a weapon that will stun them in one hit.

    I normally just run until the lag hopefully subsides or I go for a stunlock.


    _________________
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 pm

    The Letter X wrote:Stay the hell away

    That just gives them the advantage. Backing away while simultaneously avoiding lagstabs takes stamina, and while you're doing that you never know if your hitbox on their screen is going to freeze for free hits on their end.

    The Letter X wrote:pull out a weapon that will stun them in one hit.

    I normally just run until the lag hopefully subsides or I go for a stunlock.

    Most laggy dex weapon spammers are minmaxed though, so they'll be 77+ poise havel's body monsters.

    Also, lag doesn't subside, if I'm getting this right it's related to ping. There's no way a signal travelling from where I am to Europe is going to be able to travel quickly enough to make any significant reduction on the lag.

    reim0027 wrote:Give the TV the finger, calm down, and move on. If someone invades me (or I invade them) that constantly lags, then I just block them to prevent invasions in the future.

    The problem is that from where I play most Europeans lag like that, and a large percentage of invasion hosts are Europeans... so I kinda have to deal with it or get no fights.

    reim0027 wrote:I guess spear turtling is the best method.

    Really? I always found spear turtling terrible on high latencies because they people can land lagstabs from the front without circling. They'll suddenly seem to lose lockon on you, start circling an invisible target (occasionally phasing right through you) and then VHOOOMLAGSTABB'D

    I think katana + poise stacking is pretty good for heavy lag, since you can out-dps and out-poise them without having to roll/expose yourself to lagshots or expose yourself to parries if you attack at the correct angles. You need optimal stats though, and considering that most hosts are level 360++, it's practically impossible for an invader to outpoise/outdps them even if one hits first.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by The Letter X on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:49 pm

    This must be an unplayable type of lag you're facing. If it's as bad as you say it is, just take it for what it is.


    _________________
    avatar
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 254
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-08-05

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by OrnsteinBro on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:58 pm

    It's not unplayable, you just have to expect every European to go for the backstab, attack places that you'll expect them to be instead of where they seem to be on-screen, and always use fast weapons amongst other things. Making even one mistake is effectively an instant death sentence (such as rolling and getting lagshotted, or getting stunned > inescapable lagstab'd). Rolling actually becomes more of a curse than a benefit.

    I don't know what's so screwed up about the SEA-Europe connection, Americans don't lag anywhere near as badly.


    _________________
    Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:09 pm

    ^You from SEA, bro?

    It happened constantly during the course of two days. I was playing in the Burg and the only players i fought those two days were Japanese players. (No, i'm not hating on them because i never had lag when playing with Japanese players.)

    Each time i tried to fight, the moment i landed a hit, they would teleport or just freeze in place. The next thing i knew, my life bar started to dwindle and i ended up getting backstabbed to death. It happened on all my matches those two days. Made me quite DkS for a week, lol.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 pm

    If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by User1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:23 pm

    I hear the hit sounds a lot on people who are rolling, but they never take any damage. Is that them abusing the invincibility frames?
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:25 pm

    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

    Get ready to be parried.

    @Renegade, yes.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:26 pm

    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

    Get ready to be parried.

    @Renegade, yes.
    Can't parry rolling R1's.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by User1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:27 pm

    I hate invincibility frame abuse. It's overused in PvP, and I'm not ashamed to admit I do it sometimes, when things get bad. But I've fought people who do it every second attack.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:27 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

    Get ready to be parried.

    @Renegade, yes.
    Can't parry rolling R1's.

    Get. Ready. To. Be. Parried. Well What is it








    Unless you're 2handing and doing the great hammers rolling r1.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:28 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:I hate invincibility frame abuse. It's overused in PvP, and I'm not ashamed to admit I do it sometimes, when things get bad. But I've fought people who do it every second attack.

    If they're not using the DWGR, i don't understand all the commotion about it.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by The Letter X on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:29 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:I hate invincibility frame abuse. It's overused in PvP, and I'm not ashamed to admit I do it sometimes, when things get bad. But I've fought people who do it every second attack.

    Learning rushdown timings really help me with that.


    _________________
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm

    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

    Get ready to be parried.

    @Renegade, yes.
    Can't parry rolling R1's.

    Get. Ready. To. Be. Parried. Well What is it








    Unless you're 2handing and doing the great hammers rolling r1.

    That's what I meant...
    Rolling R1 one handed is hard enough.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by User1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:30 pm

    I do a Greathammer 2h r1 roll attack when I'm in tough situations, or want to do a surprise attack. I find most people abuse that too, due to the lack of it being able to be parried.

    @Automancer, it still works on fast roll, it's just harder to time. I find the majority do it fast rolling, and not with the DWGR.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:32 pm

    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

    Get ready to be parried.

    @Renegade, yes.
    Can't parry rolling R1's.

    Get. Ready. To. Be. Parried. Well What is it






    Unless you're 2handing and doing the great hammers rolling r1.

    That's what I meant...
    Rolling R1 one handed is hard enough.

    Then it's your fault for not saying it in the first place. 'Heavy' weapons have a wide range of weapons. Look Skyward



    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:34 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:I do a Greathammer 2h r1 roll attack when I'm in tough situations, or want to do a surprise attack. I find most people abuse that too, due to the lack of it being able to be parried.

    @Automancer, it still works on fast roll, it's just harder to time. I find the majority do it fast rolling, and not with the DWGR.

    Invincibility frames are also made use of in mid roll and fat roll builds as well. It's nothing too unbearable, it just makes the fight last a little longer.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by User1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:36 pm

    Whenever someone has tried to mid roll or fat roll out of my attack, I always get them. Not with fast roll though.
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:36 pm

    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:
    Dibsville wrote:If you're using heavy weapons, use the rolling R1. I'm a DEX user myself, and until recently when I found a way to counter it, rolling R1's would always get me. If you're using a fast weapon yourself, bait them into wasting all their stamina, that will be your chance to attack.

    Get ready to be parried.

    @Renegade, yes.
    Can't parry rolling R1's.

    Get. Ready. To. Be. Parried. Well What is it







    Unless you're 2handing and doing the great hammers rolling r1.

    That's what I meant...
    Rolling R1 one handed is hard enough.

    Then it's your fault for not saying it in the first place. 'Heavy' weapons have a wide range of weapons. Look Skyward


    "If you're using heavy weapons, us the rolling R1" direct quote. The only two heavy weapons would be Ultras and Great Hammers. I'm pretty sure he's not using a Zweihander to fight DEX weapons, so the only practical thing about my quote is that they are using hammers.


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:38 pm

    When in hell did OP say anything about him using heavy weapons? Look Skyward


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1131
    Reputation : 49
    Join date : 2012-10-16
    Location : Somewhere in Asia

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Automancer on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:39 pm

    RenegadeCop wrote:Whenever someone has tried to mid roll or fat roll out of my attack, I always get them. Not with fast roll though.

    Deal with it.


    _________________
    !Dual-wielder all the way!
    PSN: bluebee898
    http://www.haouform.deviantart.com (Come visit and have fun!)
    avatar
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9377
    Reputation : 134
    Join date : 2013-03-09
    Age : 20
    Location : Gensōkyō

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Dibsville on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:40 pm

    Automancer wrote:When in hell did OP say anything about him using heavy weapons? Look Skyward
    I stated what to do with heavy weapons AND fast weapons. He never stated his weapon type, so I put what you should do with both. Well What is it


    _________________
    PSN: Dibsville
    The Exiled of Ariamis; join the cause!
    EarthScraper wrote:OK, now I've just learnt that you never mess with Dibs on a Dark Souls topic, cause he will put you down.

    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

    Posts : 9912
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-12-18

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by User1 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:41 pm

    I can. Well, sometimes..

    Sponsored content

    Re: Fighting Fast/Dex Weapons in lag

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:25 am