Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Djem
Mr. Tart
Walter_White
Uparkaam
XachAttack
swordiris
Tolvo
Jester's Tears
psychichobo
Ostrava34
Elifia
Hue
Automancer
Kyuseishu
Maneater_Mildred
Rynn
RANT
Ezlare
Jodecho
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dibsville
GrinTwist
26 posters

Do you kill Priscilla?

Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Do you kill Priscilla?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Do you kill Priscilla?

Post by Walter_White Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Ostrava34 wrote:Probably
    Seath's child with someone.

Seath can't have children, i cut his tail long ago 8)

I love the invisble part of the fight and not damage her too much to get the dagger - interesting fight. But just like killing the fat princess in AL to dive into the dark, i always feel guilty for doing so.....
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm

^Deadangle her with a Fire Tempest. Gets the tail off all the time.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 pm

^takes the fun out of fight, don't make it simple, make it hard
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:04 pm

I don't really care for her. I like fighting her as a boss, and i enjoy the hell out of it when i need her soul or tail. Otherwise i won't kill her simply because i won't kill anything friendly. It's all because whenever i play, i play as if i was in that situation, and if i was in that situation(Dark Souls, that is), i'd be kinda like Solaire. The guy that offers help to everyone and then goes nuts himself!
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:38 pm

Walter_White wrote:^takes the fun out of fight, don't make it simple, make it hard

Nothing is really hard in Dark Souls PvE anymore.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Automancer wrote:
    Walter_White wrote:^takes the fun out of fight, don't make it simple, make it hard

Except cutting off Kalameets tail, solo. Prostration
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Automancer wrote:

So you killed Manus NG+10 with this build then?
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    Automancer wrote:

Except cutting off Kalameets tail, solo. Prostration

Took me ~30 seconds on SL1. First try. Not with that awful build though, I was in dragon form with a +15 Balder Shield and unarmed right hand.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Elifia wrote:
    Automancer wrote:

"Nothing hard with PvE."

Punishing yourself with something stupid is just plain idiotic. Why would i do that?
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Automancer wrote:
    Elifia wrote:
    Automancer wrote:

"Nothing hard with PvE."

Punishing yourself with something stupid is just plain idiotic. Why would i do that?

Well, the build I linked is maybe a bit much... But on the other hand, if you don't limit yourself at all then you're going to fight pinwheel in NG with a SL713 character in maxed equipment and complain it's too easy. The reason PvP stays challenging is because you usually fight people at your own SL, PvE doesn't have these limits, so you must set them yourself.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:59 pm

^ I've been playing PvE since it came out but only got into PvP last December. I often do challenge runs in my free time when i get sick of hornet stabbers and dark bead spammers. Limitations are quite good but something like that build is not possible. Or rather it's just plain boring.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Automancer wrote:^ I've been playing PvE since it came out but only got into PvP last December. I often do challenge runs in my free time when i get sick of hornet stabbers and dark bead spammers. Limitations are quite good but something like that build is not possible. Or rather it's just plain boring.

I know it was an impossible build. But my point was, in Dark Souls, PvE is as difficult as you make it. You can't say nothing is hard in Dark Souls PvE because you can always make it more difficult yourself.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT. Kappa. Shrug
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:27 pm

There isn't a single reason to pity her, other than the fact she's cute.

If you think there is no reason to kill her, therefore you shouldn't kill her, then you shouldn't be killing any of the bosses who still have their own will in Dark Souls.

After all, Quelaag just defends her sister, Ornstein & Smough just defend the image of their God, Gwyndolin only tries to secure the future of the kingdom of his family, Gravelord Nito doesn't do anything to harm those outside of his caverns and Pinwheel is simply in a feud of power with Gravelord Nito.

All the bosses I counted above isn't really evil, and none of them go out of their way to harm you unless you invade their homes.

You might say, but when you come near Priscilla, she doesn't immidiately try to murder you like the others. But she actually does try to outright kill you. It's just that she doesn't do it herself, but her minions do it. Those who live under her, attack you on sight. (I get the impression that they are her minions because they go as far to climb from the sides of a bridge to prevent you from reaching her)

The one and only boss I pity is Sif. Because he is a wolf. I don't like seeing canines get hurt.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:51 pm

Djem wrote:There isn't a single reason to pity her, other than the fact she's cute.

If you think there is no reason to kill her, therefore you shouldn't kill her, then you shouldn't be killing any of the bosses who still have their own will in Dark Souls.

After all, Quelaag just defends her sister, Ornstein & Smough just defend the image of their God, Gwyndolin only tries to secure the future of the kingdom of his family, Gravelord Nito doesn't do anything to harm those outside of his caverns and Pinwheel is simply in a feud of power with Gravelord Nito.

All the bosses I counted above isn't really evil, and none of them go out of their way to harm you unless you invade their homes.

You might say, but when you come near Priscilla, she doesn't immidiately try to murder you like the others. But she actually does try to outright kill you. It's just that she doesn't do it herself, but her minions do it. Those who live under her, attack you on sight. (I get the impression that they are her minions because they go as far to climb from the sides of a bridge to prevent you from reaching her)

The one and only boss I pity is Sif. Because he is a wolf. I don't like seeing canines get hurt.

You do need to kill those bosses though, it's your fate as the chosen undead. Gwyndolin is optional, but he is the leader of the Darkmoons, a covenant of invaders. Maybe not true evil, but definitely not good either.
    I also consider Kaathe as the serpent that tells the truth, and thus anyone who tries to get me to link the fire is evil. And anyone who tries to stop me from killing Gwyn is also evil.

Priscilla is, in my opinion, the only true good person, for she has never intentionally harmed anyone and will even try to persuade you to leave if you invade her home, rather than just kill you outright.

Sif is not really evil either, she's just a wolf protecting her master's grave. However, she IS agressive, and thus not as innocent as Priscilla. And yes, Sif is female, she is named after Sif from the Norse mythology, wife of Thor.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 pm

Well, Gwyndolin doesn't want to fight either, but he does want you to go along with the Charade of maintaining the Age of Fire. Priscilla just seems to have suffered constantly and escaped into Ariamis's world.

In fact, that line she says when you die, 'Dost thou not see why Ariamis created this world?' seems to imply that it was intended to imprison her as she considers herself a monster (every other item in the game concerning her calls her that, so she probably believes it as well). Her weapon is also claimed to be something 'even the gods themselves feared', so I'm actually wondering if she was just imprisoned out of fear, having the power of Dragons and Gods. Hell, Gough was blinded out of jealousy alone, I can imagine whatever race Gwyn and co belong to being a rather uppity one.

Poor lass. Another reason to smack up Gwyn, despite his (alarmingly well orchestrated) plan to reinstate the age of fire. Having said that, Kaathe's idea of the true path of humans seems to be a rather negative one, and Gough laments that 'this is the true nature of humans' when you attack him, so maybe we just have to accept that everyone's an ******* in Dark Souls - except Giants.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:17 pm

^ +1 for the except Giants part. Those guys are great.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:23 pm

I don't like killing her either. I like farming in the Painted World and it's a very good place for PvP. But unfortunately I need the achievement so in my current playthrough i will have to kill her even though I loathe the thought
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:33 pm

Good call on Sif, Elifia.

Regarding Priscilla and the painted world, notice that nobody discourages you from entering the painting and you get pulled in whether you want in or not. Once in, you can't leave until you battle through a mess of assorted soul starved hollows, monsters and a dragon. Then Priscilla has the nerve to tell you to your face that they are peaceful and kind whilst holding a near 20-foot long scythe with a special life hunt ability ready to strike. Oh, yeah... totally... you're just a bunch of hippies at a love-in... 🇳🇴
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:45 pm

I've only rarely fought her. I just don't like the fact she is invisible and I can't see when she swings her weapon (and, yes I do now about the foot prints, lol).
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:49 am

reim0027 wrote:I've only rarely fought her. I just don't like the fact she is invisible and I can't see when she swings her weapon (and, yes I do now about the foot prints, lol).

You're the only person I've seen that chooses not to kill Priscilla because they don't like the bossfight itself. I think the bossfight mechanics were pretty well done, it reminds me of the Old Hero bossfight, only reversed.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:48 am

She is always so easy to kill, sl 40 to sl60. Just kill her and be done with it.

Another one bites the dust.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:48 pm