Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
DoughGuy
johnnyjwa
Extertionist
Tolvo
bloodpixel
allididdle
10 posters

So what happens if you die as you kill a boss?

allididdle
    allididdle

So what happens if you die as you kill a boss? Empty So what happens if you die as you kill a boss?

Post by allididdle Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:40 pm

I registered to ask this question, but has anyone else died as soon as they killed a boss? More specifically, The Bed of Chaos used fire tempest right when I hit the worm... beetle... maggot... thing. It pissed me off, but I noticed that my souls level went down to negative 40000-ish. Weird bug, or was this intended?
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

So what happens if you die as you kill a boss? Empty Re: So what happens if you die as you kill a boss?

Post by bloodpixel Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm pretty sure you beat the boss but you die normally, so you don't get the souls and you lose what you have.
    allididdle
    allididdle

So what happens if you die as you kill a boss? Empty Re: So what happens if you die as you kill a boss?

Post by allididdle Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Hrm. I wish I had a camera at the time :/ The negative souls thing must have been me "getting" the souls, but losing them immediately, so I just lost 60000 of 20000 souls.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Yep that's exactly what happened. It registered the removal number based on what you actually had, but your displayed hadn't actually decreased so you had a negative appear above your souls. I assume though that once you appeared at the bonfire it was just 0 right?
    Extertionist
    Extertionist
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Extertionist Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Then you die, like a boss.
    johnnyjwa
    johnnyjwa
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by johnnyjwa Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:41 am

This has happened to me. If you recover your bloodstain you should have your original souls + the boss souls.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:59 am

Its annoying when its a boss like pinwheel who drops an item, you dont get the item.
    allididdle
    allididdle

Post by allididdle Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 pm

Mmmm, thanks guys. Although, I lost all my souls because I happened to forget to equip the orange charred ring/ring of fire walking. :{
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:57 pm

One time I died while I killed Gaping with whiskey... had to kill Gaping again in my world, as it did not count the first time.

One time I killed Gaping Dragon before in previous playthroughs, and I killed the Dragon before I died; I got the souls from my bloodstain and the rewards; This also happened with Ornstein and Smough, as well as Asylum Demon.

One time I killed Stray Demon as he killed me, and I killed the Demon as it killed me; He permanently died, however I got no souls form him, unlike Gaping. This also happened with Firesage Demon.

It somehow depends, and it seems chaotic. There is probably a reason why encounters with bosses happen such a way when a player dies.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Its annoying when its a boss like pinwheel who drops an item, you dont get the item.
    ... have you died to pinwheel?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:09 pm

This happened during my second playthrough. I dealt the killing blow to seath, but as he died his crystal chip me dead so I appear back at the bonfire before the caves...make my way back to the boss area and my souls are there...no seath and no bonfire...and no lord soul. I couldn't progress. Reloading didn't help either as it auto saved after my death. It was a mean gut punch had to restart and everything. =(
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:44 pm

It happened to me last friday while I was fighting the 4 Kings. I died at the same time as I killed the last one and I saw my soul count going negative.
    I just ran all the way back from the firelink to the abyss and recovered my stain with my previous souls plus the ones for killing the boss.
    By the way... This might be a stupid question but I wonder... What happens if you jump to the abyss without using the ring but the boss is already dead? Or warp to the abyss without the ring as well...
    My guess would be that you die... Right?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:46 pm

I've walked the abyss without ring after defeating the kings, nothing happens. Try it, but equip a ring of sacrifice to be safe! =D
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Yeap... I might. Is just that never did it before. Everytime I've been in the Abyss I've been using the ring.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    DoughGuy wrote:Its annoying when its a boss like pinwheel who drops an item, you dont get the item.
    ... have you died to pinwheel?
    First playthrough, really weak weapon, found him too early. Got him first try, he just got me too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 am