Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Ashran
Slarg232
Kyōkai
Rynn
GenericUsername
RANT
lordgodofhell
Hue
WaLKA
the zen
14 posters

Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good?

the zen

Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good? Empty Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good?

Post by the zen Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Hey, first time player here. I wanna try some of the smaller axes for reasons unimportant to this post, but I'm interested in some feedback before I begin to upgrade any of them because I'm not in a position to farm materials for numerous weapons at the moment.

How to the smaller axes fare in PvE and PvP?

For your convenience:

Battle Axe
    Butcher Knife
    Crescent Axe
    Gargoyle Tail Axe
    Golem Axe
    Hand Axe

Thanks for your feedback!

WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good? Empty Re: Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good?

Post by WaLKA Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:24 pm

Golem Axe. R2 Time.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good? Empty Re: Are any of the (non-great) Axes any good?

Post by Hue Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Golem axe for that awesome 1H R2

Butcher knife has decent scaling and range, it's not great, but it's still good

Last edited by Hachouma on Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    lordgodofhell
    lordgodofhell
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lordgodofhell Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:53 pm

All axes will fair well in pve and pvp depending upon your opponent.

Out of your choices, the hand axe is my favorite for pvp. I always use it on my 9 dex builds. Basically go demon great machete or something for the majority of the fight. When they get low on hp and are trying to hit you before your mammoth swing hits them, switch to hand axe for the kill shot. The switch from slow wep to fast wep throws em off every time, especially if you don't use the fast wep until the end.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:21 pm

butcher knife and golem axe for str builds and the rest are better for quality builds. the handaxe and battleaxe are still good for that killing blow like lord said but theyre much better when you have a quality build. the crescent axe might be weak but it stunlocks like the best of them and has crazy phantom reach and can easily dead angle.
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:02 pm

Golem Axe has got to be one of the most annoying special attacks weapons. That thing lags sooo bad ( in my experience ) it basically hits you no matter where you are or what you do.

So uh yeah, use that if you want.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Golem Axe, Butcher Knife, and Crescent Axe are all epic, the others are good but don't hold any advantages over these 3.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:04 am

If you're using a dex build or a quality build, the Gargoyle Tail Axe is pretty good.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 am

Hand axe is probably my favorite, due to its speed, though the reach can be problematic.
    the zen

Post by the zen Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:24 am

Thanks for all the quick responses. Do you guys feel these axes are comparable or better to other weapons categories?
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:38 am

Im using the crescent axe with my new dex toon and i say its pretty solid! I never tried it before but jesus christ just look at the dmg!
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 am

I like to use a handaxe as a backup on my strength build occasionally, it is sort of underrated and funny/cool...can be fun. The moveset is sort of boring though.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:12 pm

They all scale rather nicely, and I'm a very big fan of the Golem Axe (Sonic BOOM). Crescent is also great for Clerics and the Garg's tail is reasonably poky.

They can be a little slow for me at times though. I'd try to go for one that has range or some other edge. However, they do provide a source of very powerful damage for Dex builds.
    TheNewMessiah
    TheNewMessiah

Post by TheNewMessiah Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I am absolutely in love with the Golem Axe at the movement. It's fast for the power it holds, the one-handed RT is great, and when two-handed two light attacks and then one heavy attack make for an easy obliteration of the enemy in PvP.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:59 pm

Hand axe. R2 stunlock all day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 pm