Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Hugh_G_Johnson
Odinbear
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
Shindori
Micha369
9 posters

red sign soapstone only for fights pvp?

Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

red sign soapstone only for fights  pvp? Empty red sign soapstone only for fights pvp?

Post by Micha369 Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:59 am

Hello folks,
    Yesterday I tried the red sign soapstone for the first time.
    I read in wiki that you tell other players that you want to fight against them.
    A player summoned me and we fought and I lost. But then I put once more this reg sign on the floor and the same player summoned me again and went with me to ornstein und smough to fight together against this boss. I thought this is the purpose of thd white sign soapstone?
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

red sign soapstone only for fights  pvp? Empty Re: red sign soapstone only for fights pvp?

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:07 am

He was probably confused or just wanted you out of his world.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

red sign soapstone only for fights  pvp? Empty Re: red sign soapstone only for fights pvp?

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:32 am

you cant help with a boss if you are a red phantom. Like Shindori said, he was most likely trying to get to the boss and was tired of people invading.

But if he was tired of invasions, why would he summon you from a red sign?
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:you cant help with a boss if you are a red phantom. Like Shindori said, he was most likely trying to get to the boss and was tired of people invading.

That's a good question.

He summoned me to his world and togehter we went all the way from the bonfire to the O&S, fighting all the silver knights and the royal sentinels. In the boss hall he dealt with Ornstein I dealt with smough. Unfortunately I died in this battle.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:01 am

....? Reds can't kill enemies, as far as I know.
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am

Odinbear wrote:....? Reds can't kill enemies, as far as I know.

Exactly what I was thinking. Reds can only kill other summoned phantoms. You would of had to be summoned as a white phantom, which could of happened two ways:

1. You didnt realize you put down the white sign and before you noticed, he summoned you.

2. There is a rare glitch where you can be summoned as a white phantom through the red stone, or the other way around. It has happened to me before.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:21 am

My assumption is the OP was summoned as a white instead of red phantom. This is rare, but not at all unheard of. This thread has a discussion of instances where the game assigns the wrong color and phantom type. If OP was a red killing enemies and fighting a boss as a red, that would truly be a rare and puzzling occurrence. Especially for his 2nd use of the RSS. The host probably had planned on using a summon to fight Bevis and Butthead, so when OP showed up white he just went with the flow.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:29 am

Micha369 wrote:
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 wrote:you cant help with a boss if you are a red phantom. Like Shindori said, he was most likely trying to get to the boss and was tired of people invading.

That's a good question.

He summoned me to his world and togehter we went all the way from the bonfire to the O&S, fighting all the silver knights and the royal sentinels. In the boss hall he dealt with Ornstein I dealt with smough. Unfortunately I died in this battle.

Did you appear as a white phantom? If you did then that's just a rare glitch, and the host decided to take advantage of it when it happened.

If not, then are you playing on PC? The host probably hacked his game to make you help him.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:34 pm

I have another question relating to the hole subject of summoning.

I used the RSS. Somebody summoned me into his world. He was (as far as I think) pretty high leveled. Is there a way to lern at what level the summoning player is or was?
    At the moment I'm level 108 or so.
    He can be between level 108-10% (appr. 97) to max 999, right?

question 2:
    If I place a sign (may it be red or white) others can call me into their world, can't they?
    If I wanted to have a player in my world I would have to click on a red or white sign of another player, right?

White Soapstone: If I want to help others I can still be a hollow. If I want help from others in my world I need to be human, don't I?

Red Soapstone: always humanity needed, right?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:41 pm

^ yes to everything except

At the moment I'm level 108 or so.
    He can be between level 108-10% (appr. 97) to max 999, right?

Highest level would be 713. Also, lowest would be 90.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:45 pm

I very often wander around as a hollow. That is the reason that I see a sign so seldom, isn't it?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Micha369 wrote:I very often wander around as a hollow. That is the reason that I see a sign so seldom, isn't it?

Yes, you must be human to summon or get invaded.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:59 pm

Micha369 wrote:I very often wander around as a hollow. That is the reason that I see a sign so seldom, isn't it?

Lol. Don't go hollow. The blacksmith tells you that. I don't know about yours, but all my characters look like poo-poo when hollow.

Oh and yes, this is why u see no signs.
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:28 pm

If he dies while you're a red you get 10% of the souls he needs to level up. Don't worry about math just look at the first few digits and match it with a number on this page. I believe he will be one level below that, because it's the amount of souls he needs to level up, not what he spent.

I'm pretty sure the formula for co-op is .1x + 10 where x is your soul level (always round down, so use 100 for 108). The formula is applied to the person setting the sign. So, I believe you could be a white phantom for anyone in the 88-128 SL range. And you could summon anyone from SL 90-131.

You must be human for anyone to come into your world, no exceptions. But, you can set a white sign while hollow or invade as a spirit of vengence (or invade a gravelord).
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:31 pm

I just got summoned (that's what the invasion message said) as a red phantom, instead of invading as a Forest Hunter. I asked the other person whether they activated a red sign or something, they said yes, but not mine. And nobody else spawned in their world. So is that how it happens? The system mixes up the invasion types?
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Hugh_G_Johnson
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Hugh_G_Johnson Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:23 am

Quite possible... That's odd you were able to spawn in the forest. I've noticed as a darkmoon if I use the blue eye orb, it'll say I'm invading as a dark spirit fairly often. However, it never lets me spawn. I always load to the 'disconnected from host message' and never even spawn. It's happened so often (seems to happen much more in the forest) and always immediately, that I would call it almost statistically impossible to be a coincidence. I get the feeling that in the forest if you use the blue eye orb it won't let you be a red phantom (even though it tries frequently :evil: ). Actually, the only times I've 'successfully' spawned as a red was after setting a summon sign. Has anyone used the blue eye and been able to fight as a red?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:04 am

I recently summoned someone by RSS, but a different red invaded me with the "summoned" message. The system most likely just gets them mixed up when an invasion or summon take place very close together. I suppose it won't matter which color you are either, it will just assign you to whatever it thought you were supposed to be.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 am

My friend and I had also a weird experiance.
    We both agreed to have a fight against each other and he came into my world via red eye orb. We both wore very specific armors/clothing and weapons so we defintely recognised each other. But the system gave messages with complete other player names. We both were shown complete unknown names by the system. And after the end of this fight we didn't see no entry in the players list (in the menu of the Games for Windows Life). Normally one would expect to see something like:
    "MyFriendsName met 2 minutes ago" But this fight was without any entry.
    The last entry in that list was 16 minutes ago what was a complete different fight with another player.
    How strange is that?
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Wed May 08, 2013 11:41 am

Online Matchmaking - Level Ranges
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Wed May 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Cronotis wrote:Online Matchmaking - Level Ranges
    Many thanks for this very good link!

Anyway, does anybody have an explanation for the above mentioned weird occurance?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:46 pm