Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
LunarFog
Brandon3519
6 posters

Build Suggestion

Brandon3519

Build Suggestion Empty Build Suggestion

Post by Brandon3519 Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:02 pm

Hey everyone, I'm currently wanting to make a Mage (using both pyro and sorc) and I want him/her to be able to take damage and still be able to live (preferably using a medium armor set, maybe artorias?) and I was just wondering I someone can suggest stats/spells/equipment, since i've never made a mage build before, also is dex worth putting points into for the faster casting, as I've read that heavy soul arrow (not sure) is epicly slow and useless in pve and pvp.

(sorry if I put this in the wrong section, also this build is preferably pve, though I want to be able to hold my own against invaders)

Thanks in advance
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Build Suggestion Empty Re: Build Suggestion

Post by LunarFog Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Magic sucks. Here's a good build if you want to do fire and magic damage

SL 50 - http://mmdks.com/1fyc

SL 99 - http://mmdks.com/1fye
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:24 pm

LunarFog wrote:Magic sucks. Here's a good build if you want to do fire and magic damage

SL 50 - http://mmdks.com/1fyc

SL 99 - http://mmdks.com/1fye

Fog don't be like that silly The guys obviously just experimenting.

As far as mages go, I don`t know much myself, but I do know some things in regards to it.
    Great Soul Arrow is a fantastic PvE spell, provided you have some power behind it, but yes, it isn`t that great in pvp.
    Dexterity is worth it, but only if you go all the way to 45. Other wise, the bonus isn`t worth considering.

Midrolling is fine for pve as well, but you`ll have to be wary of pvp with it.

JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Brandon3519 wrote:Hey everyone, I'm currently wanting to make a Mage (using both pyro and sorc) and I want him/her to be able to take damage and still be able to live (preferably using a medium armor set, maybe artorias?) and I was just wondering I someone can suggest stats/spells/equipment, since i've never made a mage build before, also is dex worth putting points into for the faster casting, as I've read that heavy soul arrow (not sure) is epicly slow and useless in pve and pvp.

(sorry if I put this in the wrong section, also this build is preferably pve, though I want to be able to hold my own against invaders)

Thanks in advance
    Start of with sorcerer, obviously. I personally like to strictly use sorcery right off the bat in order to get myself in the mood.

Then, you only use stats to upgrade your int until around 30. Then, you start doing some Vitality/any str/dex stats that you need in order to use the weapon you want to use. If you don't want to use a weapon at all, keep str and dex the same. This is very important. This means, you'll be doing Vitality and Intelligence from here on out.

Because you'll have very low endurance, it's probably mid-roll for the most part. This ain't that bad in PvE, and you can probably but on Havel's as well as your Bellowing Dragoncrest ring in order to fast roll.

So, here's some recommended equipment:
    Sorcerer's Catalyst is great after 27 int. I'd stick with this, or use the Izalith Catalyst, both are good. I'd recommend not doing pyromancy until you have to go into the Archives. Why? Because pryomancy is expensive as heck. And so is sorcery. It's just a pain to do both, since it's just all so darn expenive.

Rings: Bellowing Dragoncrest ring ALWAYS

Equipment: Whatever you want. I enjoy cloth on my sorcerer, cause it looks more magic like.

Helmet: Dusk Crown. People complain about this, because it increases your magic damage with spells by 25%, but increases magic damage you take by 10%. Everyone uses this thing, and it looks EXTREMELY ugly on a male. If you're OK with knowing that you're not doing the most damage you can possibly do, over a hat so you can look better, then go ahead and throw the crown away. But I personally use it, cause I enjoy seeing high #'s.

Weapons: I like the Butterfly Horn. It's made out of the Soul of the Moonlight Butterfly. It does 100% magic damage. It's not super high #'s, but it has AMAZING reach. Plus, it's light. I'd recommend not using a weapon unless you run out of spells, but that shouldn't really happen. Or once you're at a high Soul Level. I didn't use a weapon almost at all until my Int was 50 and Vitality was 40.

Once you get your Int to 44 for Crystal Soul Spear, consider if you want to use Crystal Dragon Breath. It's not amazing damage, but it has a lot of casts. It's slow, so it's not as useful as you might think. I got 50 int just because I hadn't ever used the spell before, but I'd recommend NOT, but if you want, go ahead and get 50 int.

Once you get to 40 vitality, consider if you want more weight bearing and/or want to use a weapon. If so, upgrade your endurance. If you don't want either of those things, and you're happy where you're at, increase vitality to 50.

If you want to increase endurance, then go ahead and bring that up to 40.

Now, look at your stats. If you have the minimum requirement to 1h your favorite weapon, congratulations. If you're ok with 2h it, then don't put any more into str. If you aren't using any weapon at all, you have minimal end, you have 50 vitality, and 44/50 int, stay where you are, you don't need to level anymore. You're happy where you're at. If you're still under SL 120, and you have all the stats you need, great! If you want vitality, and you have 40 endurance, and 50 intelligence, but you're SL 120, I'd recommend you stay where you are. The amount of HP you'll get from 40 to 50 should only be acquired if you are lower than SL 120 and you have nothing else to put them into.

So, there's my Sorcery tips. Hope they helped! This is how I built my sorcerer, and I extremely enjoy the build I made big grin

EDIT: Don't go over 23 attunement, and utilize Power Within. It's a great buff for Sorcerers.

Also, make sure you read the Logan Quest thoroughly. He is where you get most of your sorcery.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 pm

http://mmdks.com/1g3i
    SL115. Just threw this together. It's pretty much an OP build, that ensure a few spells to the trick
    Brandon3519

Post by Brandon3519 Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:40 am

Alrights that's for everyone's advice, I'll play around and see what I can find

Edit: https://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=303502617667164250
    I just put that together any opinions? The spells are sorta random since I didn't know what'll be good, I'm willing to drop some points out of vit and end and maybe some out of int to add some dex in for faster casting, if I do that would it be a smart move to swap haves for Ring of protection and favor?
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 am

this is what i started using a while ago…i don't usually load up pyromancies but it's doable with this build. i also like to swap out the moonlight greatsword for the butterfly horn or the catalyst for a composite bow as i feel the need to.

http://mmdks.com/1g8l

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:03 pm