Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
LunarFog
WandererReece
Nybbles
Jodecho
AnCapaillMor
JoeBroski09
RANT
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Xaelai
14 posters

Black Knight Sword woes

Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Black Knight Sword woes - Page 2 Empty Re: Black Knight Sword woes

Post by Nybbles Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:23 pm

i got all the black knight weapons before going to kiln on an INT build that had absolutely no use for them. it was exciting and depressing at the same time.

then just this last week i was trying to get the BK Halberd from the BK in the Darkroot Basin, i reran that first stretch of the game so many times, each time starting a new character and getting el zilcho, i completely lost count after my third day of trying to get that damn thing.

because random drops suck.
    Xaelai
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Xaelai Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Yeah, as I mentioned before, my freaking Faith character found a Sword and maybe a shield? Not sure about the shield. But yeah, I never did like random drops. Especially when said random drops drop off of one-time mobs until way at the end of the game.

If something has a low drop chance from a respawning mob, I don't mind too terribly much; I'll just farm it over and over again.

And then there are games that don't automatically save, the load load load load thing gets old after awhile, but it is better than having to re-do a whole game because the thing you needed just wouldn't drop.

Oh, and my Faith-based character also got the boar helmet. I mean, Really? What exactly am I supposed to do with something that heavy with her? lol.

The game needed some way to send items to your other characters TBH without having to try to summon friends in a game that is notoriously hard to summon friends....
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:51 pm

The vast majority of them are strength based (if you include early Taurus and Capra, Stone Knight gear, BK gear, and so on), so I do feel it's a bit awkward if you're going for another build. Getting the channeler's trident or titanite catch pole early would probably make me rethink my entire character though =P

Though some of those you can upgrade normally, and seeing a combat mage with a magic demon greataxe would crack me up...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:09 pm

Xaelai wrote:The game needed some way to send items to your other characters TBH without having to try to summon friends in a game that is notoriously hard to summon friends....

We all know how well the BB glitch went...

I wouldn't want to see that again.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm

The game definitely seems to take perverse delight in giving drops to characters that don't need them. My last mage got a bk sword and shield off the knight in the burg, and then a bk greatsword off the one near the sunlight altar. I kind of like how Borderlands 2 lets you trade gear between your own characters once they reach a certain point in the game. It basically lets you take some of the time/farming invested in earlier characters and use it to benefit a new character, while at the same time at least requiring that new character to a few hours into the game before they can access it. But in BL2 items themselves have level requirements and there aren't consumables that would give you XP equivalents, so it's a little less exploitable than it would be here.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:34 pm

The blackknight sword is powerful; so powerful I'm glad it's a random drop. In fact, it shouldn't really drop in the burg at all. I had it one playthrough, and it made the game really easy. If I wanted that, I'd play skyrim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 am