Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Marino.
barrywilkins
User1
Orango19
LunarFog
Onion Knight
Peaceful Wollyhop
Hue
SpecialNewb
Jester's Tears
Baal-Avatar
Animaaal
Carphil
Serious_Much
Rynn
NPCWhiteMage
EeAyEss
BIG TIME MASTER
DemonOfFate
DianaDieHard
24 posters

Why Can't We All Just Get Along

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Why Can't We All Just Get Along - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

Post by Onion Knight Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Welcome to the internet.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Why Can't We All Just Get Along - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

Post by LunarFog Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Because I have yet to complete my mass purging against mages.
    Orango19
    Orango19
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Orango19 Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:37 pm

I say we should toss our hate into somewhere else.
    Lets invade a Skyrim forum and make questions about Dark Souls.
    And talk about Dark Souls.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 pm

Orango19 wrote:I say we should toss our hate into somewhere else.
    Lets invade a Skyrim forum and make questions about Dark Souls.
    And talk about Dark Souls.

lmao
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Been there, done that. I did that about a month ago. It seems no one on those forums are interested in Dark Souls. Yet, some of us like Skyrim. Making our forum have a more wide range of personalities, therefore, making viewpoints and discussions more interesting than if everyone shared the same point of view.
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Because humans just can't exist without conflict. We all secretly enjoy fighting others, whether it be over words, or over fists. We can't get along because we're human.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:03 pm

I don't understand it either .
    The Game is what it is and every player has the same recources and chance of wining .

Some People think that using certain things is for some reason unfair towards the others and decided not to use it, but when someone does use said things they will yell at them for being unfair .

Their attempt to be a good sport backfires and thus they rage .

Its the same thing with every multiplayer game :roll:
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm

I think Dark Souls has a fairly decent community, which translates to a great community for a video game. I'm completely satisfied with it.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:10 pm

It's not a naïve question as it is something someone young would ask. Human nature is built around the need for conflict for any reason, to prove strength, intelligence or superiority over another etc. A desire we have at times that we may not be able to explain right. Fighting for instance is a part of our nature as humans, to fight and win was a fulfilled desire of superiority. Be it physical or verbal conflicts it is a desire. Here in the internet the conflict is built on the conflict of opinions, who is more correct over the other side's opinion. That usually resolves as a debate depending on the state of the people in it, which either ends peacefully, a stalemate with a need to finish it later or a agreement that needs to be stopped by a third party. Here on the forums however these things are ended peacefully since the majority understand what an opinion is and one can't really debate on what is better since the game has no solid "yes or no" answer for anything. It's entirely up to the player to decide what is good for themselves. Also the respect of the admins and mods understand the results of negative conflicts and are quick to put it out.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:02 pm

EeAyEss wrote:Why does everyone tag the word "argument" with negative connotations? I say this because Animaal says,
    "Disagreeing is commonly mistook for arguing.

Just because you say, 'I think such and such point of view is a little naive etc.', does not mean you are insulting someone."

When you argue, you try to prove your point to someone. I guess it's just that no one "argues" anymore, everything is just blatant insults. Stupid *** *** *****. :roll:

That was sarcasm. That last bit.

Well, technically arguing IS negative. It's basically aggressive debating. Debating as a term on its own is the word you're thinking of.

On the OP's question: I'm glad Dark Souls has so much variety in it's weapon system to allow people to have different opinions! It's not like many other games where there's a definitive 'best' something.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:04 pm

I guess. I'm old-fashioned. I always thought of arguing and debating to be more or less one and the same. I took a logic course a couple years back, and was taught a neutral definition of the word "argue." Oh well.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:22 pm

ar·gue

/ˈärgyo͞o/

Verb

1.Give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view.
    2.Persuade someone to do or not to do (something) by giving reasons: "I tried to argue him out of it".

I always thought it was negative too..who knew?

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:23 pm

HA.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 am

Arguing is exercise for the mind. It's a test of your rhetoric skills.

Insecure people feel threatened by it, and don't understand how two adults can seemingly argue and still be friends afterwards.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 am

The Letter X wrote:I think Dark Souls has a fairly decent community, which translates to a great community for a video game. I'm completely satisfied with it.

DkS community is the best community
    Samurainova
    Samurainova
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Samurainova Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:35 pm

People cant get along because we are people. The Dark souls community reflects the real world with various people from different countries. Everyone thinks differently, and with several different languages its hard to find a compromise.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Nice vid Hachouma big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:01 am