Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Share
    avatar
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 30

    Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by DianaDieHard on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm

    Why can't all dark souls players just get along ? :/
    avatar
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 697
    Reputation : 16
    Join date : 2012-11-07
    Age : 17

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by DemonOfFate on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

    Well, we get along better than people who play other games. Yeah there's a hand full of trolls that ruin the fun for everybody else, but pretty much we're the best community out there IMO. Might i know what happened to make you post this? i'll assume it involved some trolling.


    _________________
    Information:
    PSN: DemonOfFate
    Covenants:
    Leader Of Those Of Cursed Blood.
    Insanity member.
    Skype: xxstryderxx


    Come and join your brothers and sisters to regain the life you once knew. http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t21309-those-of-cursed-blood-revived-and-looking-for-members
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 pm

    Because that would be the most boring existence imaginable?
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

    Excellent point, above poster.


    Compared to any other gaming community, I'd say we get along just fine. Don't try and make the good perfect, you'll end up far worse than good!
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by EeAyEss on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:50 pm

    I think it is the anonymous aspect of the internet that does this. Trolls get their balls from indirect contact. Shrug

    I know where you are coming from.


    _________________
    avatar
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 366
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-06-13
    Age : 26
    Location : Chamber of the Princess, Anor Londo

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by NPCWhiteMage on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:54 pm

    People can't get along because of 1 very simple things.

    Differing opinions.

    Player A's opinion is that magic is perfectly balanced : Player B think magic is OP

    Thus an argument ensues, childish behavior surfaces, thing escalate and the next thing you know, Player B has overthrown Russia and has all nukes and weapons aimed towards Player A's physical IP address location.


    _________________

    On the topic of Glitching in PvP:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't be impressed by something like that Gazman. You got cheated out of your online gaming experience by an unscrupulous game exploiter. You didn't get "owned," you were robbed, there is a distinct difference.

    XBL Gamertag: SilentWingsXIII (GOLD)
    XBL Gamertag 2: NPC White Mage (SILVER)
    avatar
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 4689
    Reputation : 257
    Join date : 2012-01-26

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Rynn on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:56 pm

    Because then I couldn't be a Darkwraith.
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by EeAyEss on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:58 pm

    lol^


    _________________
    avatar
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 30

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by DianaDieHard on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:59 pm

    I'm not talking about trolls and tankers, I'm talking about every single person thinking differently. One side hates the claymore, one side hates fireballs one side hates buffs, pretty much every single person finds something absurd to nitpick, why can't we all just chill it's ridiculous. FRUSTURATION >.<
    avatar
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

    Posts : 14641
    Reputation : 287
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 25
    Location : The Dark Side of the Moon

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Serious_Much on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:00 pm

    The anonymity of the internet causes people to think they can get away with behaviour they could not if in real life.

    Disputes also bring out the worst in people, though i find it hilarious when people actually start getting angry over an internet discussion about a menial game like this silly

    Also, ignorant people who don't understand that my opinion is always right.

    (i hope you all know i'm being sarcastic with my last one silly )


    _________________
    PSN and other stuff:
    PSN: HolyPK9 "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you"

    Sage Andarta, Founder of the Crystal Seekers; The Noble Knights

    Principal GremSay of the Karmatic Gremlin Gang

    Moderator of the Wiki Chatroom- Come join the fun  cheers

    PRAISE. THE. SUN. lol!
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Carphil on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:31 pm

    Serious_Much wrote:The anonymity of the internet causes people to think they can get away with behaviour they could not if in real life.

    Disputes also bring out the worst in people, though i find it hilarious when people actually start getting angry over an internet discussion about a menial game like this silly

    Also, ignorant people who don't understand that my opinion is always right.

    (i hope you all know i'm being sarcastic with my last one silly )

    its dificult to be sarcastic on the internet because you can't use the "sarcastic voice". But its so natural to make these jokes!


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 30

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by DianaDieHard on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:33 pm

    So much of this fighting could be avoided if people would just send voice messages. Does anyone else realize this? :s
    avatar
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

    Posts : 4921
    Reputation : 90
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 21
    Location : Brazil

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Carphil on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:35 pm

    DianaDieHard wrote:So much of this fighting could be avoided if people would just send voice messages. Does anyone else realize this? :s

    on PSN you can't. Or at least I can't and never received one.


    _________________
    It may take a day or ten thousand years, but I will find her. This is a promise.

    I'm not the chosen one, I'm the one who chose to be more.

    Carphil_BR on PSN :bas:
    avatar
    DianaDieHard
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2013-01-17
    Age : 30

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by DianaDieHard on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:41 pm

    Oh my bad, I'm on PC so I didn't know :3

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:06 pm

    I'm surprised to find this question here.

    Disagreeing is commonly mistook for arguing.

    Just because you say, "I think such and such point of view is a little naive etc",
    does not mean you are insulting someone.

    In "open world" or "real life" lol, you can say that to a friend without offense because the affliction in your voice and expression on your face is present.

    Internet is emotionless.

    example: "You moron, thats not even close!" Flame war insues.

    example real life: "You moron (says with smile), thats not even close! (ends sentence with laughing)"
    Friend replies, "Thats not what your mom said!"...

    ...Someone gets a purple nurple, and everyone gets Starbucks. cheers
    avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1739
    Reputation : 302
    Join date : 2012-01-16

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Baal-Avatar on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:17 pm

    I second what a lot of other people have mentioned. We have a very diverse group of individuals that are members of the forums and overall the tone is very respectable. Every member has weapons, magic and play-styles that they do not like. That is just the nature of playing against other people. But it seems like people try to share opinions and strategies regardless of personal preference for the most part.

    At the end of the day we are all here because we love Dark Souls.

    Now I am going to go get Starbucks.
    avatar
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1271
    Reputation : 27
    Join date : 2012-08-06
    Age : 27
    Location : Inside your Head?

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Jester's Tears on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:20 pm

    We're Humans.


    _________________
    PSN: BerzekerS
    I can be a sarcastic Bastard. I can be an Ironic Bastard. I can also be a Bastard
     Well What is it Cheers! Well What is it 

    Live Life Smiling. Dying is No Excuse for stopping   :mask-averice:

    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

    Posts : 3419
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2013-01-17

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Animaaal on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:21 pm

    Baal-Avatar wrote:...Now I am going to go get Starbucks...

    If you could pick me up an ice pack for my nipple, that would be cool too. silly
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by EeAyEss on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 pm

    Why does everyone tag the word "argument" with negative connotations? I say this because Animaal says,
    "Disagreeing is commonly mistook for arguing.

    Just because you say, 'I think such and such point of view is a little naive etc.', does not mean you are insulting someone."

    When you argue, you try to prove your point to someone. I guess it's just that no one "argues" anymore, everything is just blatant insults. Stupid *** *** *****. :roll:




    That was sarcasm. That last bit.


    Last edited by EeAyEss on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    avatar
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1445
    Reputation : 77
    Join date : 2012-06-26
    Location : Junkyard Porto-John

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by BIG TIME MASTER on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:23 pm

    Hey, screw you man.
    avatar
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1622
    Reputation : 47
    Join date : 2012-05-14
    Age : 21
    Location : In front of my Calculus textbook.

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by EeAyEss on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:24 pm

    tongue


    _________________
    avatar
    SpecialNewb
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 112
    Reputation : 7
    Join date : 2012-12-24

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by SpecialNewb on Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:25 pm

    DianaDieHard wrote:Oh my bad, I'm on PC so I didn't know :3
    Less hacking might help.
    avatar
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1488
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-12-23
    Age : 19
    Location : Killing the chat

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Hue on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm

    become some people have this


    _________________
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    [i]Huehuehue.[/i]
    avatar
    NPCWhiteMage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 366
    Reputation : 11
    Join date : 2012-06-13
    Age : 26
    Location : Chamber of the Princess, Anor Londo

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by NPCWhiteMage on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:37 pm

    Animaaal wrote:I'm surprised to find this question here.

    Disagreeing is commonly mistook for arguing.

    Just because you say, "I think such and such point of view is a little naive etc",
    does not mean you are insulting someone.

    In "open world" or "real life" lol, you can say that to a friend without offense because the affliction in your voice and expression on your face is present.

    Internet is emotionless.

    example: "You moron, thats not even close!" Flame war insues.

    example real life: "You moron (says with smile), thats not even close! (ends sentence with laughing)"
    Friend replies, "Thats not what your mom said!"...

    ...Someone gets a purple nurple, and everyone gets Starbucks. cheers

    +1


    _________________

    On the topic of Glitching in PvP:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't be impressed by something like that Gazman. You got cheated out of your online gaming experience by an unscrupulous game exploiter. You didn't get "owned," you were robbed, there is a distinct difference.

    XBL Gamertag: SilentWingsXIII (GOLD)
    XBL Gamertag 2: NPC White Mage (SILVER)
    avatar
    Peaceful Wollyhop
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 263
    Reputation : 9
    Join date : 2012-09-09
    Age : 23
    Location : England

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Peaceful Wollyhop on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:53 pm

    Such a naive question.

    The world would be f**king boring if everyone had the same opinions.


    _________________


    XBLG - DesertFoX 797

    Sponsored content

    Re: Why Can't We All Just Get Along

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:50 am