Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
AnCapaillMor
Ostrava34
Muker
Serious_Much
NPCWhiteMage
IV_Mark_VI
Nybbles
Emergence
Sentiel
almiant
densetsushun
mugenis4real
lalliman
Doelker
BIG TIME MASTER
skarekrow13
Zephryl
User1
Hue
Jester's Tears
WandererReece
Animaaal
Mr. Tart
27 posters

Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask questions related to the Souls Series Empty Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:09 am

I've had the intention of making this thread for a couple of months now. I was gonna save it for the release of Dark Souls 2, but recently some questions have been asked, so i figured i'd make this thread for that very purpose.

This thread is here for anyone to ask any kind of question related to the Souls Series. Anyone can ask anything related to the game, leaving it open for any kind soul to answer it.

I apologize if a thread like this one already exists, but as far as i can remember, i've never seen anything like it.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask questions related to the Souls Series Empty Re: Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:19 am

Great Combustion/Black Flame poise damage.

-All the literature I find on the two say: BF=60 and GC=40, however, I've heard a couple people in this forum say Black Flame = 61....so which is it?

(40 x (1.5) = 60. This makes sense and is on par with game mechanics)
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Ask questions related to the Souls Series Empty Re: Ask questions related to the Souls Series

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am

Animaaal wrote:Great Combustion/Black Flame poise damage.

-All the literature I find on the two say: BF=60 and GC=40, however, I've heard a couple people in this forum say Black Flame = 61....so which is it?

Technically i'm not the one you should thank now, but maybe this helps:

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14739-a-little-black-flame-research

silly
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks Tart cheers
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 pm

I'll be bumping this topic every once in a while just to make sure it doesn't go too far down on the list. The reason behind it, by the way, is so that people won't have to make topics for single questions. silly
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:53 pm

http://tinyurl.com/9sa6k93

How can this build do more then 90 damage against Stone Guardians? The only way I can do more then 90 damage is WoG, but 2 spells isn't enough for all of them.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:13 pm

WandererReece wrote:http://tinyurl.com/9sa6k93

How can this build do more then 90 damage against Stone Guardians? The only way I can do more then 90 damage is WoG, but 2 spells isn't enough for all of them.

Stone Guardian's Armor has a bit of Slash Resistance. Maybe that's why?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:21 pm

WandererReece wrote:http://tinyurl.com/9sa6k93

Regular/blunt works best with those
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Hachouma wrote:Regular/blunt works best with those

So, Gargoyal Tail Axe would be best for my character?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Why do I have a feeling this thread won't be used as much as it should be? Similar to The Build Doctor.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:39 pm

I fear that as well. If it does get used a lot though, i will ask of the mods to sticky it so that everyone can see it right away.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:26 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:Regular/blunt works best with those
    So, Gargoyal Tail Axe would be best for my character?

I just tried a Gargoyal Tail Axe + 14, and it was crap.

I've also tried a Winged Spear +14 and Great Lightning Spear, and they were also crap.

I looked at the Guardian Armor, and noticed the fire defense was the lowest. I threw a Great Firball at one of them, and it did an epic 300 damage! Ask questions related to the Souls Series 639795459

Then I tried the Furysword and a Chaos Mace + 4, and they were crap.

It looks like I'll need to stock up on phyromancies. That's one puzzle solved.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Animaaal wrote:Great Combustion/Black Flame poise damage.

Can someone answer the part about Great Combustion too by chance?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 am

^ A Little Black Flame Research

According to this you need 62 poise to tank one cast, so that means it does 61 poise damage.

I also found this on the Demons' Souls forum. http://forums.demonssouls.info/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16643&start=0

The Black Flame poise number is the same, so the other numbers may be accurate.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am

WandererReece wrote:^ A Little Black Flame Research

According to this you need 62 poise to tank one cast, so that means it does 61 poise damage.

I also found this on the Demons' Souls forum. http://forums.demonssouls.info/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=16643&start=0

The Black Flame poise number is the same, so the other numbers may be accurate.

Thanks Reece.

However, the other wiki states Black Flame requires 61 poise "to walk through", which indicates it does 60 poise damage, not 61.

Thats why I was asking here. This wiki states 62 is required and the other states 61 is required. The other wiki also makes the comparison of Black Flame doing (1.5) the amount of Great Combustion (40 poise damage and 41 required to tank), which makes sense from a programming standpoint.

The question I asked in my previous post, was what does this forum believe is the poise damage for Great Combustion?

Black Flame was already answered (according to this wiki)...post #3.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

Animaaal wrote:Black Flame was already answered (according to this wiki)...post #3.

Ask questions related to the Souls Series 2707236321 Somehow I didn't see that. lol!
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 am

What's the best way for a STR based character to get to the Nito boss fight?

Or, alternatively, is there a cheap way to kill those damn Skele-Dogs?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:50 am

WandererReece wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:Black Flame was already answered (according to this wiki)...post #3.

Ask questions related to the Souls Series 2707236321 Somehow I didn't see that. lol!

Thanks anyway bro, "E" for effort Mr. Reece Bow
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:51 am

Zephryl wrote:What's the best way for a STR based character to get to the Nito boss fight?

Great Shield of Artorias. Nothing breaks that guard, not even big, scary, skele dogs.

Great Fireballs are also good.

Animaaal wrote:Thanks anyway bro, "E" for effort Mr. Reece Ask questions related to the Souls Series 3149687655

Only an E? lol!
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:02 pm

WandererReece wrote:[

Guard breaking wasn't my problem, since I have 40 Stam and the FAP on, not much does break my guard... But even after blocking their attacks, they kill me when I try to get a hit in :\
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:05 pm

The skele dogs have a move in which they rush for you, if i remember correctly. When they do that, move to whatever side you can, and let them do it. They will fall down, which leaves them open to take some damage. Another method is fooling them to jump off the edge, which i'm sure you can figure out yourself, how to do.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Zephryl wrote:What's the best way for a STR based character to get to the Nito boss fight?

I agree with Reece. Whenever I want to go get the Effigy Shield or something else from there, its all about the pyro and elf ears. Great Combustion works great too. You'd think it would be bad to get so close to em, but as long as you memerize the "rush attack" (like Tart said) you'll be fine.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:29 pm

They also have a very bad nose for a dog (must be all the organs rotting away) and can be avoided fairly easily with a fog ring/slumbering dragoncrest ring combo.

Not EVERYTHING needs a violent solution winking
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:15 am

Bumping this back on top. silly
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:17 am

Who's taller, King Seeker Frampt or Kaathe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 am