Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Murkulanvippi
Saturday-Saint
wolfboy
Animaaal
Myztyrio
Emergence
befowler
Rifter7
reim0027
13 posters

Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE

reim0027
    reim0027

Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE Empty Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:57 pm

I've kept a log of the average SL of hosts I've invaded with my SL 6. I've got half of the list done. It is still a work in progress. This may help you decide on what SL to be on as an invader or sunbro. Obviously, there are flaws, since I can only list the SL of the hosts I've defeated, so the average SL will likely be higher than my list.

Here they are, in order of lowest to highest (via average):

Undead Burg: 11:
    Solaire's Bonfire: 16:
    Parish: 17:
    Lower Undead Burg: 27:
    Depths: 29:
    Darkroot Garden/Basin: 32:
    Catacombs: 34:
    Blighttown: 37:
    Sen's: 41:
    Anor Londo: 48:
    Duke's: 63:
    New Londo Ruins: 65:
    Demon's Ruins: 70:
    Painted World: 71:
    Tomb of the Giants: 79:
    Lost Izalith: 86:

notes:

I hope this helps you guys out.

Last edited by reim0027 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 am; edited 4 times in total
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE Empty Re: Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE

Post by Rifter7 Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:11 pm

can we see a mode and the runner ups?
    befowler
    befowler

Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE Empty Re: Average SL of Hosts, by are: Final UPDATE

Post by befowler Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Very helpful reim, thanks! I am particularly interested in the Catacombs; of all the areas in the game I seem to get summoned there the easiest regardless of my level. Some folks seem to head there right after the Asylum, and others don't bother until after Anor Londo/PW or even later. Just a lot of fun.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm

Sen's more clustered range is particularly telling. It's definitely the bottleneck that people just want to get out of the way.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:54 pm

This is very interesting.

So what would you say the optimal level is to get a good majority of people within invasion range, while still being as high of a level as possible?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 am

Rif - I can upload the entire spreadsheet. It it ugly. I haven't formatted it, but it has all the numbers.

Myz - not sure. There is a large range here. But, I assume that the list is biased higher. While I don't know the SL of the people I lost to, I have to assume they are usually a higher SL than me. If you take the median, that means 50% of the people were higher than it. Maybe use the lowest (either mean or median) and go a few points under that?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:59 am

Finished PW. Updated stats median stayed the same, average went up slightly.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:53 pm

I have an SL20 build, but they're likely to get destroyed by most in their current condition. All I have at my disposal is a 2h GLS and a Ghost Blade for crits. I'll feel like I'm cheaping out if I go chaos on that build.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Myztyrio wrote:I have an SL20 build, but they're likely to get destroyed by most in their current condition. All I have at my disposal is a 2h GLS and a Ghost Blade for crits. I'll feel like I'm cheaping out if I go chaos on that build.
    Depends on where you are invading. At Anor and beyond, it is not cheap at all (look at the average host SL in those areas).
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm

reim0027 wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:I have an SL20 build, but they're likely to get destroyed by most in their current condition. All I have at my disposal is a 2h GLS and a Ghost Blade for crits. I'll feel like I'm cheaping out if I go chaos on that build.
    Depends on where you are invading. At Anor and beyond, it is not cheap at all (look at the average host SL in those areas).

I've gotten b*tched at just for using ghost blade and hardly any armor in the Parish. And it was a 3v1. And I tried to prove to them that they could have easily had the exact same equipment as me at that point in the game, because they claimed I had "end game items."

But if I were to make something, it'd probably be like a chaos rapier or lightning avelyn.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Thank you reim.

Bow
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

@Myztyrio - that weapon is fair game. Fairly easy to get. If they are complaining about weapons they can get easily, well, that's their problem.

Animaaal wrote:Thank you reim.

Bow
    YW.

16 more kills at Dukes and I'll start over withe the low levels to get the final numbers. Then, I'll do the kiln.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 am

Duke's is done

Duke's Arhives (n=20)
    Average = 67, median = 67, range = 11-166 (next highest 150)

Off to restart and get the earlier levels.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:08 am

Well, I'm almost done cataloging. I'm at 604 host kills. I have the Catacombs left to do (36 kills left). I didn't do Ceaseless. There is no questing action. I got mostly failed invasions and the other invasions were campers waiting for duels or gankers. I also haven't done the kiln. That will be the last thing I do. Not looking forward to that one.

When I get the Catacombs done, I'll post the final tally.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:19 am

I'm curious about Lost Izalith... I don't think I've ever invaded there and I've always wanted to try... i realize it's a fairly out of the way area and kind of PITA- most of the time I just open the shortcut but I've always thought it would be an interesting place to PVP...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:27 am

It is interesting. Not a good place for low vitality builds. You lose a lot of health in the lava.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:43 am

Ok. Finished the run. I am NOT doing the kiln. Way too annoying. Since I have to be human and, obviously, can't have beaten the boss, I'm open to invasions myself. Add on that that many invasions fail, and I have to reuse my eye over and over again. Not worth it.

I also didn't do Ceaseless. It was dead. I only got a couple invasions and they were to gankers and to campers/organized duelers. Too many failed invasions.

I did a major revision of the first post. It is as complete as I can make it. Let me know if you have any questions, see any errors, or have suggestions.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Very cool! I may have missed it somewhere, but did you also do the DLC areas?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:34 am

Hell no. I'm a base vitality elemental build. I'll be slaughtered.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:56 am

Both of my likes went to this thread tonight.

This is an invaluable tool for anyone unable to organize regular co-op, or casual players looking for an up-to-date reference.

I know that, "our experiences may vary" lol, but thank you so much for your documentation.

This will be on of the threads I reference on a regular basis over the next few months as I play Dark Souls awaiting the sequel.

If I had to bet, I 'd bet my co-op rate goes up at least 25% over the next 2-3 builds I make.

Thanks Reim,

Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration Prostration
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 am

The best part of this list is knowing all those SL 200+ outliers died to a SL 6.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:07 am

Saturday-Saint wrote:The best part of this list is knowing all those SL 200+ outliers died to a SL 6.

lol, where's my vote? lol
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:43 am

Reim has done everyone in here a huge favor by taking the time to do such a thorough investigation. It even makes this a bigger achievement that he did it with a sl6 toon. cheers My hat is off and a deep Proper Bow to you Reim.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:05 am

You're welcome. It was a lot of fun, and easy to calculate the SL with: https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/dark-souls-calculators/mini-calcs

And, yeah, Sat - I loved seeing those mega high souls come in.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:24 am

Animaaal wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:The best part of this list is knowing all those SL 200+ outliers died to a SL 6.

lol, where's my vote? lol
    Here you go. winking

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:26 am