Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
AnCapaillMor
DigitaLinsanitY
Shakie666
Leeidan
8 posters

Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve...

Leeidan
    Leeidan

Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve... Empty Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve...

Post by Leeidan Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:58 pm

So, I recently created a new build for pvp around level 25 so that I can invade in Sen's fortress, since I really love that place. Anyhow, I decided to go with the Dragonslayer Greatbow just for the lulz. After about an hour of invading I invade this one host,fully equiped in the Gold-hemmed set and weilding a Drake sword without a shield that isn't just invincible, but can't be staggered/knocked back by anything. And if I remember correctly, one big-*** dragonslayer arrow knocks back almost anything.

Is this something new or has this happened to any of you too?
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve... Empty Re: Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve...

Post by Shakie666 Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:22 pm

Well thats bad, normally the only way to kill an invincihacker is to knock them off a cliff, but if we can't do that... you might as well BC out.

This is why I never invade for pvp, I let people invade me; i've noticed hosts are overwhelmingly more likely to hack than invaders.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve... Empty Re: Seems like some hosts got a new trick up their sleeve...

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Shakie666 wrote:Well thats bad, normally the only way to kill an invincihacker is to knock them off a cliff, but if we can't do that... you might as well BC out.

This is why I never invade for pvp, I let people invade me; i've noticed hosts are overwhelmingly more likely to hack than invaders.

I think you're right about the host. I don't think I've come across a hacking invader yet.

My guess is invaders enjoy the pvp aspect... hostig hackerss probably had bad experiences in PvP and this is how they choose to deal with invaders.
    Leeidan
    Leeidan

Post by Leeidan Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:56 pm

Sadly enough I didn't have time to try out if backstabs worked or not. I was too much in shock to do anything when she had 3 Dragonslayer arrows in her chest and didn't even flinch.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Saw it on PC, 2 dudes in dragon armour, just could not budge them
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:01 pm

**** Ive seen tons of hacking invaders they usually wave before they fight
    Leeidan
    Leeidan

Post by Leeidan Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:03 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:**** Ive seen tons of hacking invaders they usually wave before they fight

He just taunted me on my grave instead. Hacker's in my <3.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:26 pm

DigitaLinsanitY wrote:
    Shakie666 wrote:Well thats bad, normally the only way to kill an invincihacker is to knock them off a cliff, but if we can't do that... you might as well BC out.

I think you're right about the host. I don't think I've come across a hacking invader yet.

My guess is invaders enjoy the pvp aspect... hostig hackerss probably had bad experiences in PvP and this is how they choose to deal with invaders.
    I've only invaded 1 hacking host, gotten about 10 hacking invaders.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:45 pm

You know I believe you can parry an arrow and it won't knock you back.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:49 pm

LunarFog wrote:You know I believe you can parry an arrow and it won't knock you back.
    Partials completely block all knock-back.
    Leeidan
    Leeidan

Post by Leeidan Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:09 pm

But he would still take full damage anyway, right?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:19 pm

No, a partial basically negates everything. You take a little bit of damage, but for the most part it's as if you hadn't been hit at all.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:24 pm

It can be done to magic too, but some magic hits more than once.
    Leeidan
    Leeidan

Post by Leeidan Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:45 pm

Seems like I have learned something new today. I'll have to think about that in future invasions it seems.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am