Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Argetlam350
Myztyrio
ChizFreak
reim0027
AFROJT
Mr. Tart
Animaaal
skarekrow13
Carphil
Hue
densetsushun
Ghadis_God
Automancer
futantshadow
18 posters

New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more!

futantshadow

New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more! Empty New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more!

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Check out what's been going down in china town-

gallery of new and old statues (all for sale):

http://futantshadow.deviantart.com/gallery/

news and discussion of new statues, including characters for the chess set, plus, connect with lots of fan pages (especially marvelous chester, if his page gets 100 likes, I'll make the marvelous chester special edition chess piece!):

https://www.facebook.com/PeterNordstromOriginalStatues
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more! Empty Re: New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more!

Post by Automancer Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:39 pm

Really awesome collection there!

Only one gripe.

You made Quelaag look ugly. sad
    futantshadow

New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more! Empty Re: New statues - Artorias, Siegmeyer, DS2 chess piece and more!

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:50 pm

Automancer wrote:Really awesome collection there!

Only one gripe.

You made Quelaag look ugly. sad

thank you! and yes, I agree- I am not very happy with how this Quelaag came out; I do plan to redo her at some point, but her being a little over an inch tall (and her face being about a cm tall) it is almost impossible to sculpt it looking how I want :/
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 pm

The spider half is awesome it's just Quelaag looks so...well UGLY!!!
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Not sure if I should get Sieg or the small Ornstein...
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Ghadis_God wrote:Not sure if I should get Sieg or the small Ornstein...

what about mini Smough? lol winking
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:31 pm

Dude, did you make these? They're mindblowing!
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Ever thought about making a complete set of chesspieces with DkS characters?

Could be like
    Hollow Soldier(pawn)
    Berenike(rook,they have a tower shield)
    Artorias(knight)
    Havel(bishop)
    Witch of Izalith(queen)
    Gwyn(king)
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm

densetsushun wrote:Dude, did you make these? They're mindblowing!

Yes I made them, thank you! I made the statues for Namco's "treasures untold" contest for Dark Souls as well- keep getting requests for commissions so I started making them and it just grew happy
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:55 pm

Hachouma wrote:Ever thought about making a complete set of chesspieces with DkS characters?

Could be like
    Hollow Soldier(pawn)
    Berenike(rook,they have a tower shield)
    Artorias(knight)
    Havel(bishop)
    Witch of Izalith(queen)
    Gwyn(king)

yes- a full chess set of Dark Souls vs Demon's Souls characters is the plan, but likely won't happen for approximately 1 year due to extreme business on other projects (and the chess set being so many characters it will take a long time). I also plan on creating the chess board with souls themes, and additional characters for people to collect and customize their set. There may even be a Dark Souls 2 army to play with also!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 pm

Whoa! Those are awesome man! Very detailed and well made! Great work! big grin

How long it takes to make each one?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 pm

I've always loved the Bell Gargoyle from the contest statues. That one and the Gaping Dragon one are amazing. The rest are you know, just great big grin
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm

The amount of detail on the armors is just unbelievable man. What material do you make it out of, and how much time does it take to get all that detail in?
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Carphil wrote:Whoa! Those are awesome man! Very detailed and well made! Great work! big grin

How long it takes to make each one?

it really just depends, a 1 foot tall statue of a figure usually takes about 50 hours to sculpt, depending on the details and layers (of things like armor, clothing, weapons, etc.)

the gaping dragon took about 6 weeks of non-stop work, because it was so big (about 3 foot wide wing-span), 2 sets of wings, 150+ teeth, and scales.

I've managed to mold and cast the pieces that I'm selling, so I am able to offer them for a lot less (like $100 instead of $500-1000, for example), and still make them highly collectable as the series are short print (100 or less in each case).
    futantshadow

Post by futantshadow Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:12 pm

densetsushun wrote:The amount of detail on the armors is just unbelievable man. What material do you make it out of, and how much time does it take to get all that detail in?

I use mostly magic sculpt (self drying epoxy) for most of the statues, then cast in smooth-on products. I work quite fast so the detail doesn't take all that long, but it's when there is a LOT of detail work to do that takes a long time, and many parts- like the large Artorias statue I made 18 separate molds to create him, which allows me to piece him together in a varied of positions (I'll have a couple more examples in 1-2 weeks).
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Excellent work. I'm an artist myself. I'm so glad you found a way to make money while doing something you love. I had to actually...well we wont get into it.

You're very talented. You get a mold together for a whole chess set, whether it be Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, or Dark Souls 2 and I might just save up for it.

Your attention to detail is amazing. Kudos bud. Bow
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 pm

I think the Smough's Hammer could be improved. I really love the Siegmeyer one though, absolutely amazing. Good job! silly

Edit: I saw your old Black Knight mini bust once, and just now noticed the improved version. The improved one is most certainly of great quality too! Once again, well done!
    AFROJT
    AFROJT
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AFROJT Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 am

That Gaping Dragon piece is amazing!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:42 am

Let's not talk about them being for sale or buying them. I would hate to lock this topic. Those statues are impressive.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:58 am

You have a talent there man! Keep going! You should consider selling this stuff!
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:13 am

This is really cool happy
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:27 am

Again more awesome work. Man how I wish I could pay for the Siegmeyer statue but don't have the cash.
    Still have the Black Knight Bust and Elite Knight Bust, those are still awesome.
    Zephryl
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zephryl Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:06 am

Damn but those are impressive~

But seriously. Why no Ciaran?
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:18 am

I really should give sculpting a new try.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:27 am

Dark Souls chess set? Want.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:57 pm