Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Sentiel
kazumoshi
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
abmoner
Metalien
9 posters

New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only.

Metalien

New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only. Empty New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only.

Post by Metalien Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 am

Found it more than a year ago but never made a video on it, its 2013 and I still haven't seen anyone doing it so, here it is.

You can do it with almost any equipment and level. Of course, the lower your damage, the longer it'll take, and the higher the chances of screwing up.

It is recommended to stay below 25% for faster movement.

Also, fist weapons like the caestus are not recommended.

abmoner
    Addicted
    Addicted

New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only. Empty Re: New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only.

Post by abmoner Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 am

I just always run into the bonfire area and he just goes away. Don't really need the souls.

Although one time I open the gate and he died
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only. Empty Re: New way of defeating the Hellkite Drake melee only.

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 am

He's just such a jerk I just run past him, but good show regardless.
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 am

53000 souls huh? That might actually be worth the effort in a new character.
    Metalien

Post by Metalien Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 am

kazumoshi wrote:53000 souls huh? That might actually be worth the effort in a new character.
    The video is recorded in NG+3.
    In playthrough 1, I think it only gives 10k souls, still good enough for a new player, enough to buy some weapon upgrades.
    I'll upload a video with a low level character soon.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:33 am

I posted this method of killing Hellkite a few eeks back (only in text, I can't record) and got no feedback on it, so I asumed it's common knowledge by now.

Strange...

Anyway, great video and thanks for showing us. Praise the Sun
    Metalien

Post by Metalien Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:02 am

psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:16 am

Seems like a decent idea. I've always struggled to stop him from doing the flaming roller skate of doom, might try this with a new dude.
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 am

No quicker than peeking in and out from the stairs with a bkh+5, just more risky. Bring out dark souls 2 before we start trying to kill this thing with hadoukens lol!
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I always thought there was something I was missing about the Wyvern, to think I'd never seen half of it's attacks. This definitely isn't common knowledge but it seems the only videos about the wyvern that gained any popularity where ones from the first few months of the game's release.

Great quality and descriptions in both videos, on a side note I think it's interesting that while watching the first video my first thought was that the claymore would be easier to slash his throat with than a BKS and lo and behold it's literally right there under him. Perhaps From had cleverly placed it there expecting players to dash by and fight in this manner but thousands of players just ran on and overlooked it.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:31 pm

This is exactly what I've been looking for. +1 OP!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 6:59 pm