Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Berserk Builds

Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Berserk Builds Empty Berserk Builds

Post by Astardbay Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:44 pm

I know it's probably been done a million times before, but it just fits so well with Dark Souls. I mainly am just using these because I wanted a sorcerer, cleric, & tank, & Guts, Griffith & Schierke fit those roles so well.

Most of these aren't set in stone, & are planned to be used with multiple weapon/spell sets. Some feedback would be great before I start them, first time making builds by the way, so don't be too harsh haha

Guts

Mainly strength & endurance build, endurance is a little too high I know, but I really did not want him fat rolling
    Plan to also use the Greatsword, Zweihander, & Black Knight Greatsword

Griffith

Mainly Faith/Dex. Plan to also make a Divine Iaito, Occult Washing Pole, & probably a few rapiers. The strength is 24 only so that I can use the Dragonslayer Spear. No way am I making the faith & dex that high & not using that somehow.

Schierke

Int build. Honestly can't think of much to say about her haha
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Berserk Builds Empty Re: Berserk Builds

Post by WyrmHero Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:43 pm

Guts: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=147511764598981977 Swap elemental Pike/DS and RTSR. There's no point in using inferior UGS if you can hold a DGM. Use it 2 hand while tanking hits. If the guy uses a crossbow change the shield for a crystal Light Crossbow.

Griffith: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=392640467367471680 If this a Dex/Faith melee focused you are better off buffing. I have a 45 Dex/50 Faith mage cleric that uses Sunlight Spears, but he uses a rapier. Kats are better off used while fast rolling, had to change armor sorry. Might have to use SKS over DSS because of equipload. If you still want DSS will have to use lighter armor, and maybe less HP but don't go below 1500.

Schierke: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=183899812449467132 MLGS is better off used with melee based Int builds. Velka's Rapier is a better back up for spellcasters. The pyros will be slow with low Dex so I think the best one is Fire Tempest since DB replaces GC for sorcerers. Forgot to lower Str to minimum, increase End and maybe use DWGR over FAP.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Do a Golden Age Arc Guts; there's nothing in the game that properly represents his Black Swordsman looks. Use the Greatsword, and mostly Hard leather Armor which should represent the majority of his pre-Eclipse wear. Elite Knight Gauntlets should work, and bare head.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:43 pm

never seen berserk so i looked up pics of it and i would go with thief set.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:53 pm

I think Artorias is greatly influenced/ inspired by Guts. The Greatsword looks like several of the swords he uses throughout the series.
    Griffith's Faith isn't a 50. Certainly not if his Vitality is only 20.
    Schierke is pretty well done, though.
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 am

I mainly gave him 50 faith because he was the "Gwyn" of the Berserk world, plus I want at least one character I have to use Sunlight Spear.

@Wyrmhero
    I did use the DGM...
    Anyway, RTSR is pretty non negotiable for a Guts build, no other way he can go "Berserk" haha

As for Schierke, I was definitely going to use Velka's Rapier. MLGS just weighs more, & I wanted to make sure I could fast roll with that too.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 am

Power within actually matches the berserker suit well, and you can pretend the Pyro is his cannon.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 am

Astardbay wrote:I mainly gave him 50 faith because he was the "Gwyn" of the Berserk world, plus I want at least one character I have to use Sunlight Spear.

@Wyrmhero
    I did use the DGM...
    Anyway, RTSR is pretty non negotiable for a Guts build, no other way he can go "Berserk" haha

As for Schierke, I was definitely going to use Velka's Rapier. MLGS just weighs more, & I wanted to make sure I could fast roll with that too.

You may want to go 45 Dex/50 Faith to get maximum casting speed on Sunlight Spear, and attune Great Lightning Spear as well. However, you'll have to sacrifice End (I would get it to minimum). Use curved swords or a rapier since they consume little stamina. I have a similar build and it's fun as hell. For guts you can just swap Wolf for RTSR when HP gets low.
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:26 am

WyrmHero wrote:
    Astardbay wrote:I mainly gave him 50 faith because he was the "Gwyn" of the Berserk world, plus I want at least one character I have to use Sunlight Spear.

@Wyrmhero
    I did use the DGM...

You may want to go 45 Dex/50 Faith to get maximum casting speed on Sunlight Spear, and attune Great Lightning Spear as well. However, you'll have to sacrifice End (I would get it to minimum). Use curved swords or a rapier since they consume little stamina. I have a similar build and it's fun as hell. For guts you can just swap Wolf for RTSR when HP gets low.

Yeah, I originally had it at 45 for the casting speed, but I realized my katana's damage only went up by 1 between 42 & 45. Ridiculous. Though probably should. I'll see how it works after I start the character. Also might use Ornstein's armor instead of the Silver Knight(except for the helm). Depends on how much it looks like his Millennium Hawk armor

Ghadis_God wrote:Power within actually matches the berserker suit well, and you can pretend the Pyro is his cannon.

This a million times over hahaha

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:36 pm