Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
dancash1808
Hydreigon11
KingSeekerCow
reim0027
ZikoLogiKa NL
GrinTwist
argetlam213
Kyōkai
Soris Ice Goldwing
Flankydizzle
Sloth9230
Mike5005005
Hue
Animaaal
BIG TIME MASTER
The Letter X
Juutas
lalliman
Carphil
TehInfamousAmos
MiketheMushroomMan
25 posters

The Centipede Demon - One boss too many?

MiketheMushroomMan
    Casual
    Casual

The Centipede Demon - One boss too many? Empty The Centipede Demon - One boss too many?

Post by MiketheMushroomMan Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:01 am

Hi All,

does anyone actually enjoy this boss fight? I for one feel it is lame on several different levels. Firstly it is out of pace with the rest of the game. Coming hot on the heals of the Firesage Demon its a grind i can do without. More fire, more intensity not welcome at that point in the game.

Secondly, the boss itself is difficult to discern. It reminds me of some of the lame hotchpotch put together Resident Evil Bosses. Just a mass of claws and tentacles. The fight itself lacks any real strategy. Its not particularly difficult - just got to grind away melee style. Its almost impossible to tell what is actually going on at times due to the camera angles etc.

For me it represents the beginning of the lamest part of the game - Lost Isalith and when i face the Centipede Demon i know the next few hours are going to be far less enjoyable than the earlier parts of the game.

Love boss fights in general but this one leaves me cold.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Centipede Demon - One boss too many? Empty Re: The Centipede Demon - One boss too many?

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:03 am

If it is one boss too many for you then join the Chaos Servants get to +2 (donate 30 humanity) Then you can skip the firesage and centipede aswell as the lava area in LI.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

The Centipede Demon - One boss too many? Empty Re: The Centipede Demon - One boss too many?

Post by Carphil Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am

I don't know, I like this boss fight. It always kick my butt 5 times before I kill him. All Lost Izalith bosses, except firesage, are still a chalenge to me silly
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:10 am

I actually agree with you. You're restricted to a tiny little platform which is about the size of the centipede demon himself. So eventually he'll just be standing over you, doing attacks that you can hardly predict because you can't see sh*t!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah, I 've always felt Centipede demon is really useless in the game and maybe my least favourite after Bed of chaos. Even Bed of chaos as concept was pretty cool and had it's place in the story the fight was just badly done, but Centipede demon is a boring design and serves no purpose...why couldn't the orange charred ring just drop from Ceaseless Discharge?
    One more boss on this list would be the Demon Firesage that was just overusing the same idea bit too much.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:28 pm

I think the only problem with it is that it's too close to the Firesage Demon. All of the bosses in Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith are a bit too cluttered in my opinion.

At least we have the Chaos Servant shortcut. Shrug
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

I agree. I don't particularly care for Demon Ruins or Izalith in general. I just don't think the level design is up to par with the rest of the game.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:51 pm

Oh idk. I kinda like the Centipede Demon. I think Firesage coulda been left out if anything. From the bonfire to the Centipede Demon could've added a little more desire from a invading/pvp standpoint. I get invaded in the ruins, but it seems like a "not so desireable" location to invade considering how close the fog gate is.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:06 pm

I hate Lost Izalith, keep getting lost there >.>
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Lost Izalith IS the home to all demon's, guys... It makes sence there's demon after demon... I agree somewhat with the Firesage. I honestly think there should'a been more demons to fight. Maybe not bosses, but actual bad *** demons.
    My 2 cents anyway.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:54 pm

I just beat him the other day without Solaire... it was the greatest feeling ever!!!!

I then forgot to put the ring on and walked out into the lava Look Skyward
    Flankydizzle
    Flankydizzle
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Flankydizzle Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:57 pm

To be honest I hate Izalith in general and always just use humanity and go through shortcut.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 pm

I agree that the bosses in the Ruins are cluttered and the Centipede demon can be a pain but at least we're not forced to go it. Though beating it alone can be a fun thing, or hell if you don't know how to take it.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:03 pm

/moves to the right side of the arena
    /Centipede Demon is finished spamming

Well What is it

Love boss fights in general but this one leaves me cold.

Oh the irony lol.
    argetlam213
    argetlam213
    Regular
    Regular

Post by argetlam213 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:50 pm

I don't mind the Centipede Demon but they should have at least picked another model for the Firesage Demon. After fighting both Asylum Demons, Firesage was way too easy
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 pm

The centipede demon has always been sort of an easy fight for me. You make a point the camera angles are all over in the place when you fight it though, but even on NG+ and above it's always took me close to 2-3 tries before I was able to beat it.
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Over time I grew to love the Centipede Demon fight more and more because of the randomness and it's brutality. Shaking screen and everything. It also has many different attacks that it doesn't always use.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:30 pm

ZikoLogiKa NL wrote:Over time I grew to love the Centipede Demon fight more and more because of the randomness and it's brutality. Shaking screen and everything. It also has many different attacks that it doesn't always use.
    Your post number is 1337.
    That's all i had to say.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Don't like this boss. Any time the camera goes bat***t crazy, and I can't see a damn thing.
    KingSeekerCow
    KingSeekerCow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by KingSeekerCow Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 pm

My first playthrough, I kill it with Solaire. I had a little issue with FireSage because I completely forget the attack pattern haha. But I thought Centipede was a decent design but I hated the legs on the boss.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:28 pm

I like the monster hunter like feel of Centipede Demon, and that's what I though Dark Souls was lacking, monster on man combat, tooth and claw. The only boss prior to Centi demon that fought tooth and claw was Gaping Dragon and really all he did was rush at you. The other bosses just swung weapons at you, tbh that is what Dark Souls lacks tooth and claw boss fights.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 pm

If anything they should have left demon firesage and kept centipede.
    also if you guys make a jump to the right of your entrance platorm you can get a much longer fighting arena to use against him. you will take like one tick of lava damage if you run and jump the small lava gap. so worth it.
    (inventory swapping the ring on after you chop it is also an option)
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:18 pm

I don't mind the fight, I like it actually though it is a relatively easy fight. I don't think they should of removed it after all, Lost Izalith is the place where demon's first came from so it having the most bosses to fight through to get to the Bed of Chaos.
    Villain1
    Villain1

Post by Villain1 Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Uhm... well this is awkward, cause I killed Centipede on my first try and without much hassle :S is this a testament to my skill, an endorsement for my tank build or did his AI just take a day off for me? Cause I'm fairly certain it's not the first one.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:59 pm

I found all the Izalith lot hard. I'm not sure why, even Firesage kept ruining me by spamming his AOE. Way harder than the Stray Demon.

Centipede is cool for being the only boss that IS a complete clusterf*** of a fight. Terrifying, messy, and very hard. Though I got lucky, first fight I hacked off the part that gave me the orange ring...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 am