Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Argetlam350
steveswede
6 posters

A Storm of Swords

steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A Storm of Swords Empty A Storm of Swords

Post by steveswede Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:54 pm

Is there anyone here who has read the books? I'm three quarters through and my god so much happens and so many key characters get killed off. Really looking forward to seeing these scenes in season three and four of Game of Thrones though I wonder what they will change and if they will make them for the better. I mean Tyrion's nose didn't get cut off which wasn't going to be a plot changer and Arya's POV in Harrenhal was fantastic even though it didn't follow the book much (Shame there was no broth scene but hey the Tywin/Ayra banter was excellent).
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A Storm of Swords Empty Re: A Storm of Swords

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:29 pm

Nah I'm still on the second one. Started reading it but then got side tracked and stopped. Have to get back into them and get through the series.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:42 pm

I'm about halfway through the first one right now. Actually just put it down dog-eared a second ago. It's unfortunate that I probably won't have time to finish it for awhile now that schools started again.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm

I've read them all and I can tell you that if you thought Arya's story for Harrenhal was good then you will definately enjoy the other two books!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:36 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I've read them all and I can tell you that if you thought Arya's story for Harrenhal was good then you will definately enjoy the other two books!

There are very few POV I've found boring. I haven't read the first book Game of Thrones but in Clash of kings, Theon and Bran I found to be a bit boring and I got fed up with the @ss kissing in Catelyn's POV. At least Bran's POV has picked up momentum now in ASOS and at least there's no more @ss kissing scenes for Catelyn. Also people go on about the red wedding but the other wedding was much better in my mind and I've yet to read the full conclusion of that ordeal, I hear the Oberyn scene is quite spectacular.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:57 pm

Trying to stop reading if I start to see something that might be a spoiler. So far the only POV that's bothered me at all is Sansa's, but from watching the show I know it's bound to start picking up around the end of the first book.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:05 pm

i take it youre past the red wedding? storm of swords is one of my favorites in the series.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:Trying to stop reading if I start to see something that might be a spoiler. So far the only POV that's bothered me at all is Sansa's, but from watching the show I know it's bound to start picking up around the end of the first book.

The best of Sansa is what's happening around her, rather than her as a person. Also I'm trying my best to not spoil stuff for people but give an opinion over a scene without giving details. Whatever you do, just don't look up what I've mentioned if you want to be surprised.

@RantFromRant

Yeah past that, finished reading an important trial and I'm at the chapter where a certain person is on the way to the Vale.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:44 pm

DAMN YOU HBO FOR NOT HAVING MEERA AND JOJEN ON SEASON TWO!!! season two was garbage, bran's story line is one of the best and they screwed up big time, meera and jojen are two of my favorite characters. i was so dissapointed after they did a good job with book one.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:12 am

steveswede wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:Trying to stop reading if I start to see something that might be a spoiler. So far the only POV that's bothered me at all is Sansa's, but from watching the show I know it's bound to start picking up around the end of the first book.

The best of Sansa is what's happening around her, rather than her as a person. Also I'm trying my best to not spoil stuff for people but give an opinion over a scene without giving details. Whatever you do, just don't look up what I've mentioned if you want to be surprised.

Yeah, I scanned and saw the word married and stopped reading. So far the only thing I really like about her is her proximity to the hound. I have a feeling he's going to end up doing something overtly heroic by the end of the series. Maybe not for heroic reasons, but I have a feeling he will anyway. Don't tell me if you've already read past his death or something. I think he feels connected to Sansa, because he's seeing her take such abuse from Joffrey, the same way he was abused by his brother. I'm not sure he's entirely aware of the connection, but I think he's reacting to it all the same. There have been a few different times where it's seemed like he's done small things to protect her, where he didn't really have to.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:42 am

Can't remember what happens in storm of swords.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 pm