Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
ViralEnsign_
Reaperfan
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
PastaOfDoom
Serious_Much
Whknight
strangejoy
Disaster84
nsane32
Tolvo
berkut
meridam99
User
JY4answer
PlasticandRage
theGentleman
21 posters

Two Things We Didn't Know About You

theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Two Things We Didn't Know About You  Empty Two Things We Didn't Know About You

Post by theGentleman Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 am

There is something to be said about the bond you develop with a person when you take down a tough boss together or a vicious invader while en route and the feeling is fleeting once that phantom disappears. We are from all over the world and have our own ethics about play but we're all people and this is only a small portion of our interesting lives.

So, in an attempt to hint at the humanity which we all possess (har har) I ask two things which we didn't know about you.

I'll share first.
    1) I'm a two time Afghan war vet
    2) I'm currently a pre-med student in Washington State

(Bonus) I won't be playing this weekend because it's my brothers 21st bday and I'm taking him to Vegas.

Hope to hear from the community.
    Cheers.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Two Things We Didn't Know About You  Empty Re: Two Things We Didn't Know About You

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:50 am

Washington's a beautiful state. I'm actually thinking about moving to Seattle from the east coast after a graduate from college. I'm in training to climb Mt. Mckinley in Alaska right now. Have been for the last year. I plan to use Rainier for my main training mountain. I've already done Rainier a few times. Can't wait to go back.
    That can be my first share.
    I also have really severe food allergies. When I was a kid I couldn't eat anything with wheat or dairy products in it, almost everything has one or the other. It hadn't effected me in a long time though but then my friend took me out for Thai food on my birthday and both of my eyes swelled shut. Awesome birthday
    theGentleman
    theGentleman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Two Things We Didn't Know About You  Empty Re: Two Things We Didn't Know About You

Post by theGentleman Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:05 am

@PlasticandRage

I prefer the SeaTac area to anywhere else that I've been, east coast included ( DC/Virginia area and Georgia/Alabama border) and the Rainier climb is my summer goal. Maybe we'll cross paths.
    I had a friend who had gluton allergies and it was similar to what you described, she could only really eat meat. Luckily (sort of), it seems to have become a trend and you can find all sorts of gluton-free products at most eateries.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Not when I was little. My poor mom had to special order all my food from London, where apparently gluten allergies are more common place. Don't ask me why that is. I'm in Upstate NY now. It's a pretty area but there's just NOTHING happening at all. Be careful on Rainier. I'm not sure how experienced you are but it's a serious mountain. If you don't know what you're doing/get careless it can kill you quickly. I got hypothermia during the night on my first climb there. Thankfully I was there with someone who knew what to look for and what to do.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:17 pm

1: I'm from Hong Kong, politically (on paper) independant city on the south east coast of China.

Photo #1 Photo #2

2. I'm studying accounting.

(Asian kid doing business, very original)
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 pm

1. Canada

2. Studying philosophy and psychology
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Acidic_Cook wrote:1. Canada

2. Studying philosophy and psychology

Interesting combination. Vague, blurry discussion on anything and everything, and scientific and fact-based study on a biological mystery.
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:00 pm

1. I live in New Hampshire.

2. I am married with 2 kids.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:47 pm

1) As it says on my profile, I love birds, I haven't been out in a while, but hiking while carrying a scope to try and ID birds is extremely satisfying.

2) Same in the allergy department, I am allergic to peanuts, all nuts, animal fur, dandruff, and feathers, I am allergic to dust, and have asthma
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 pm

1-I'm an actor living in Illinois. Don't go thinking that is amazing or anything, I mostly do work in really low budget independent films that only a few hundred people see. Technically I am a professional since I do get paid, but I would consider it more amateur on my part.

2-I'm currently working on my English degree in the hopes of becoming a teacher, and possibly some day a writer or editor. The teacher part first, then if somehow it all works out the other two. I'm reaching for the stars, but making sure that when I fall I have something to land on.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Tolvo wrote:1-I'm an actor living in Illinois. Don't go thinking that is amazing or anything, I mostly do work in really low budget independent films that only a few hundred people see. Technically I am a professional since I do get paid, but I would consider it more amateur on my part.

2-I'm currently working on my English degree in the hopes of becoming a teacher, and possibly some day a writer or editor. The teacher part first, then if somehow it all works out the other two. I'm reaching for the stars, but making sure that when I fall I have something to land on.

An appropriate way to do it happy
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:02 pm

plan on going into the military after get a degree in computer animation and make games
    Disaster84
    Disaster84

Post by Disaster84 Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:02 pm

1.) I am a project manger at a corporate Audio Visual company.

2.) My job takes me all around the US and even internationally at times.

Last edited by Disaster84 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:15 pm

1) Married with one kid

2) I'm a lawyer (don't hate me!)
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:18 pm

1) Very critical of the gaming industry

2) Not a fan of the human race in general.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:24 pm

JY4answer wrote:1: I'm from Hong Kong, politically (on paper) independant city on the south east coast of China.

Photo #1 Photo #2

2. I'm studying accounting.

(Asian kid doing business, very original)

more original than doing something like maths... oh wait silly and don't worry at least I know where hong kong is, know lots of guys from there (went to school with a good lot of hong kong residents)

anyways, suppose ill add my little bit in:

1) Guy on a gap year applying to study Medicine (going well too)
    2) Horrendously typical English Brit with a fanatic love of tea.

Last edited by Serious_Much on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm 15, planning to go to a decent college eventually. (And here I am lurking on a Dark Souls forum while eating fun dip.)

2: Um...I'm kind of sadistic. (That and my brony-ism are COMPLETELY seperate. I'm not one of those sick gore-fapfic-loving creeps. Dear god no.)

Last edited by PastaOfDoom on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fudging PUNCTUATION!)
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    2) Horrendously typical Brit with a fanatic love of tea.

British? English, Welsh, what exactly? If you are English I shall now instantly like you more, as an idiot American I love to pretend I'm fancy by putting on an accent which I believe is spot on but in reality is more akin to an English person who lived during the Industrial Revolution.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:29 pm

English hehe, ill change my post to specify silly

and yeah, I love listening to british accents put on by american actors, they're so bad it's funny lol!
    PastaOfDoom
    Regular
    Regular

Post by PastaOfDoom Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:32 pm

theGentleman wrote: 1) I'm a two time Afghan war vet

I really respect you for this. I'm not going to share my opinions on the war itself, but I really wish I could have the courage and dedication to do something that honorable. I have a newfound respect for you now that I know that.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 pm

1- I have nightmares every 3 nights more or less

2- I talk to myself. A LOT. Even sleeping!
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:17 am

i have two pet rabbits (how do i link pics?)

and 12 chickens living in my backyard (very tatsy eggs!)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:26 am

1. (since this seems to be a popular subject for one of these) I have a high school degree, but I am not currently in any kind of school, and have no immediate plans to get back into school.

2. I have a bad habit of twisting my hair when I get nervous, which makes me look really awkward because my hair is never longer than about 1 inch long.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:37 am

Here's a third and forth thing about me. I cook all my meals and I love using onions and garlic. Lots of it. For dinner just now I used an entire onion and 4 cloves of garlic, slightly charred and caramelized. Every time someone says they don't eat onions or garlic I feel sorry for them.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:20 am

Viral says

1.) I am a 19 year old student of Canterbury University New Zealand studying Anthropology and Journalism.

2.) My passion is writing and I wish to be an author some day. While I feel some of my stuff is good enough to publish I haven't actually had any of my fiction work published.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 am