Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
lextune
Rifter7
LunarFog
7 posters

LunarFog Build Collection

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

LunarFog Build Collection - Page 2 Empty Re: LunarFog Build Collection

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 am

My experiance with mages, stunlock them. Dodge a few of their spells or let them run out, and they got little. Hell you got a 500 damage flamberge and unless they put a lot in heavy armor you should kill them. If your good at dodging you don't need magic barrier. With high faith any miracle is good. If you got a shield that can activate karmaic justice go for it.
    Knight Loltrec
    Knight Loltrec

Post by Knight Loltrec Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:32 pm

This is my personal favorite PVP build that I (kind of) designed myself (by kind of I mean I've seen other people use it, but I came up with it on my own).
    This build is kind of based around being able to play well, but also based around the psychological aspects of PVP.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=463050305725460721

-The Great Scythe is +15 with no elemental path. This way, you can use charcoal pine resin on it to not only get extra fire damage, but strike fear in the hearts of your enemies by holding a large, flaming scythe!

-In my experience, being shirtless causes other players to think you're a pro, and not to be trifled with. Therefore, they're more susceptible to mistakes. Using the proper bow beforehand also helps to make the opponent think that this is easy for you, and you don't really have to try.

-The pinwheel mask, while some people may consider it a **** move, hides your face from your opponent, and causes them to see your character as someone who has no feelings. The mask hides the naturally innocent look on your character's face. I chose the mask of the mother specifically because not only does it increase your HP, but of all three masks, it is the only one that doesn't have a stupid-looking face. The mask's frighteningly emotionless face helps make the other player view you as a heartless killer.

-Havel's legs add some poise so you can take a couple hits without getting stunlocked immediately, and combined with the shirtlessness, kind of makes you look like you have iron man legs. It looks pretty cool, especially when you ninja flip.

-Grass Crest Shield obviously for its stamina regen

-The small amount of faith allows you to use Gravelord Sword Dance, which in my experience is an unexpected thing to use in PVP, and usually catches people off-guard. Also, using unorthodox things in PVP tends to make you seem like a pro!

-Finally, try to avoid two-handing your weapon, because one-handing the great scythe makes it ridiculously long, and it looks kind of intimidating to see someone holding an 8-foot scythe in one-hand.

Let me know what you think of it!
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Knight Loltrec wrote:

Sorry but I don't think your build is very viable. I do like the idea of playing off of intimidation but it doesn't work well the way you have it set up. I'll be comparing my poison build to yours since they both play off the mind.

Your build's main intimidation comes from pure fear; meaning that someone has to fear you, even though they don't really have any reason to. The shirtless thing might make them think you're skilled, but all that will do is make them tighten their guard. Plus, after fighting some of the scarier things in dark souls, I don't think pure fright will get to someone.

My plague build intimidates people through an actual real danger, which is the poison sapping their health. When they're poisoned, all I have to do is stay close to them to punish them when they try to heal. Even if I did want to fight, I'd do it defensively, knowing that they know they HAVE to try and hurry to kill me, otherwise the plague will get them.
    Knight Loltrec
    Knight Loltrec

Post by Knight Loltrec Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Well, it's supposed to be just for fun lol. I went a little overboard with the fear part of my description. It's more viable than you think, mostly because of the scythe's ability to dead angle with the jump attack, and its ability to stunlock + bleed. I suppose the build doesn't really stand on its own, but it works well for me and I win a lot with it. It's just fun to play lol

I've decided it's more of a crazy person than a scary person. It's fun to roleplay a crazy person wielding a giant fire-scythe lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcOyL6OJnMw
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:54 pm

Finally done editing every build.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed