Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
xSomax
raecor14
Spurgun
vash
8 posters

Dex questions

vash

Dex questions Empty Dex questions

Post by vash Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 pm

i was just wondering if i should stop putting into dex and go into endurance since it seems to have the most benefits. but if i should stay focused on dex i was wondering what would be the best weapon to put all my eggs into the basket so to say. i was thinking the katana, but i cant get to where that one guy sells them, and i dont want to kill the merchant
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dex questions Empty Re: Dex questions

Post by Spurgun Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm

You shouldn't raise dex above 40 (or 45 if you're gonna use pyromancy). But until 40 you can put points into it (remember to also raise your vit/end though).

You will find another katana in blighttown, but killing the merchant isn't that bad anyway (i've never regretted it silly)
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:19 am

ok here is the best weapons for dex
    Katana's as a whole a great seamingly OP weapon class, BUT very predictable and no real pride in the useage
    falchion is kickass and now due to the gold tracer is rarely seen, but it has like an extra 40 AR.
    and SPEARS, yes, more than the pike exists. i suggest partzian for the pure awesomeness.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:14 am

the pride is in using it to kick the crap outa someone WITH that predictable weapon, simply BECAUSE its predictable
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:01 am

This is true ^

I finally killed a guy who had whooped my *** a few times in dark Anor Londo (while his friend cast spells at me but whatchagonnado) by switching to the uchi. I know he's reasonably good and going to look for the parry so I just hit him once, waited for his whiffed parry attempt then hit him again. Did this maybe 3 times and he was dead.

Vary your rhythm and they become unpredictable again.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:55 am

indeed. i use it because i like katana's(thanks in no small part to the anime/manga rorouni kenshin). wish they'd put in a few more varied types though. at least varied lengths, sorta like the washing pole. the 3 others are generally about the same length. would be interesting to see a shorter one. by running and switching swords, you could really confuse your opponent
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 am

xSomax wrote:indeed. i use it because i like katana's(thanks in no small part to the anime/manga rorouni kenshin). wish they'd put in a few more varied types though. at least varied lengths, sorta like the washing pole. the 3 others are generally about the same length. would be interesting to see a shorter one. by running and switching swords, you could really confuse your opponent
    There are great differences between each of the katanas in Dark Souls, but they seem small, even non-existent to vast majority of players.
    However, the differences are mostly in preferences. While one is longer, the other is stronger etc. in the end, it matters the most which one you prefer.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:38 am

xSomax wrote:indeed. i use it because i like katana's(thanks in no small part to the anime/manga rorouni kenshin). wish they'd put in a few more varied types though. at least varied lengths, sorta like the washing pole. the 3 others are generally about the same length. would be interesting to see a shorter one. by running and switching swords, you could really confuse your opponent
    The Chaos Blade is only slightly shorter than the Washing Pole, the other two are about the same length(Iaito is shorter i think.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 am

Hachouma wrote:
    The Chaos Blade is only slightly shorter than the Washing Pole, the other two are about the same length(Iaito is shorter i think.
    iato is slightly longer but i doubt it would ever make a difference, i like katanas but i like curved swords MUCH better
    Sir-flicker
    Sir-flicker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sir-flicker Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:52 am

Ive recently got into curved swords, specially the fury sword I love usibg ut in my offhand with a spear or bss. Deul wielding is s whole new type of fighting,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:25 am