Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Info on Bleed/Toxic Resistance

wan2pleh

Info on Bleed/Toxic Resistance Empty Info on Bleed/Toxic Resistance

Post by wan2pleh Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:16 am

I was wondering about the mechanics of the PvP regarding the effects of Bleed and Toxic. I want to build a PvP Bleed/Toxic build and was wondering exactly how each of these effects actually worked.

There's an equation which I think I saw on gamefaqs;
    damage dealt = Rating - ((resistance +10)/2)

where the resistance is the actual rating of the resistance; for example, wearing full gold-hemmed robes and with 20 Resisitance, you'd have 313 Poison Resistance. With this equation, the Dark Silver Tracer, with 360 Toxic Damage, does around 198 poison damage; this seems abnormally high as it would take but two hits to make someone toxic. I don't think this is actually how this works, but it seems plausible.

Then there's Bleeding. There was a post I saw on preparetodie that said they were a Bleed build and this was how it worked:
    If someone has a bleed resist of 350, then an Uchigatana, with a bleed rating of 300, would bypass this resistance in 2 hits. Alternatively, Priscilla's Dagger, with a 500 rating, would bypass it with just one hit. This also doesn't seem right as I've never been able to bleed anyone with the katanas in two hits, or Priscilla's in one. In a worst case scenario, where the enemy equips full Smough's and Bloodbite Ring and Bloodshield, the resistance would be roughly 700-800 from the items alone, and the player would still probably be bled in 2-3 hits. Perhaps I am getting unlucky with people who use high-resistance items, or I am just not hitting them fast enough?

Sorry if any of this seems incoherent, it's late for me. Any help on how these mechanics work would be greatly appreciated.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Info on Bleed/Toxic Resistance Empty Re: Info on Bleed/Toxic Resistance

Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:58 am

I don't believe the bleed formula is right as I've used Priscilla's Dagger and never once got an instant bleed. Toxic formula could be right as I use the DST an on average it takes two hits to have someone toxic. Now that I have done in one hit on several occasions so I do not doubt that that is plausible.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:41 am

I don't know why, but the 300 or 500 is the percentage of health taken from the enemy when the bleed is triggered. 300 means 30%, 500 50%, 700 70% and blah blah

Now, each weapon has it's build up that is independent of the previous number. Priscilla's Dagger has like 20 buildup per hit I believe. I think it's actually the slowest weapon to bleed out someone, but because it has 500, it means that once you bleed out your target, 50% of his health will be gone. On the other hand the uchigatana has a higher build up, which I can remember exactly now, that means it will bleed someone faster/in less hits, but because it has 300 AUX of bleed, it will only take 30% of someone's health. It works like that.

Bleed resistance is pretty straight-forward, like I said Priscilla's Dagger, 20 per hit, so 200 Bleed resistance would mean you need to hit someone 10 times to bleed him out, yes it's a lot that's why it's so useless. Anyway, you can always "almost" bleed out someone with a better weapon, and then trigger the bleed with Priscilla's Dagger, the AUX applied is always of the weapon that triggered the bleed so even if you build up the bleed of your enemy with the uchigatana, if you trigger it with Priscilla's Dagger, you will get 50% health off him.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 am

ChizFreak wrote:Anyway, you can always "almost" bleed out someone with a better weapon, and then trigger the bleed with Priscilla's Dagger, the AUX applied is always of the weapon that triggered the bleed so even if you build up the bleed of your enemy with the uchigatana, if you trigger it with Priscilla's Dagger, you will get 50% health off him.

What a dastardly plan. 8)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:51 pm