A big vote up sign...?

    Share
    avatar
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-22

    A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Hokucho on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:46 am

    I was going to the surface after a bit of sewer work and found a sign that had 255 votes and a Domhall of Zena (sp) icon. It said 'liar' next to the stairs down to the 'kitchen' and then to the sewers, placed in front of a torch. Anyone seen this one or know if it means anything?
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:13 am

    Whenever a message's rating receives a lot of votes its little symbol changes from the Dredgling to something else. The highest one I saw was a message with about 150 ratings that said, "I can't take this" in the beginning of Blighttown. It had a Black Knight for the symbol.


    _________________
    avatar
    Hokucho
    Casual
    Casual

    Posts : 37
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-22

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Hokucho on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:16 am

    Oh yeah I knew about that, I was just wondering if anyone had seen this sign themselves and if it was relevant to anything.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:27 am

    It may have originally been placed to address another message long, long ago, and got a lot of ratings because of that. People probably continued to rate it as time went on since its rating was already so high. That's my guess at least.


    _________________
    avatar
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 116
    Reputation : 3
    Join date : 2012-11-09
    Age : 24
    Location : The Universe

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by PwnasauresRex on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:32 am

    I saw a message with over 1k votes at the Firelink Bonfire and it was a picture of a primordial serpent if i remember correctly.

    I find a lot of useless messages with ratings a lot, actually. I may have been relevant when DKS was first released. But....ehhh Shrug


    _________________
    Praise the Sun PSN - pwnasauresrex Praise the Sun
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Bioraptor on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 am

    This seems to be the case "Silly unhelpfull signs get votes and helpfull signs get over looked"Also does anyone know if you can see + or - votes on your own messages?.


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Djem on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:18 am

    I vote up stuff like that too. Because Dark Souls is not Dark Souls without random messages that only confuse new players.
    avatar
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1208
    Reputation : 46
    Join date : 2012-01-17
    Age : 34
    Location : Minneapolis, MN

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by aceluby on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:00 pm

    Bioraptor wrote:This seems to be the case "Silly unhelpfull signs get votes and helpfull signs get over looked"Also does anyone know if you can see + or - votes on your own messages?.

    On your own messages you just need to view it, I believe, to see the + and - votes. For other people's messages you need to use the 'seek guidance' miracle to see the + and - votes.


    _________________
    Aceluby on PSN, add me!

    SL41 Pyro/Dex Sephiroth cosplay
    SL120 Fth/Int Pure Caster
    SL120 Fth DW
    SL120 Int DW
    avatar
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1612
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2012-07-27

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Jansports on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:36 pm

    The highest Message I've personally seen was 238 upvotes. "Amazing Chest Ahead" in front of the Quellog Boss fog.

    I must say I laughed.
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:42 pm

    This has really piked my interest to see how many upvotes changes the icon, and just how many there really are.


    _________________
    avatar
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 176
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-09-12

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Everynevers on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:36 pm

    I"ve never noticed this, lol. I tend to leave helpful messages and maybe gotten 1 up-vote in all my time of playing. I hate it when I put a message down in a seemingly bare area, then right as I set it down, a bunch of similar messages suddenly start fading in...


    _________________






    Xbla/Dark Souls - EveryNevers
    PSN/Demon's Souls - TheEveryNevers
    avatar
    retro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 441
    Reputation : 127
    Join date : 2012-05-26

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by retro on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:04 pm

    The Letter X wrote:This has really piked my interest to see how many upvotes changes the icon, and just how many there really are.
    I believe it's already figured out:
    Developer and Tutorial messages are accompanied by an Elite Knight avatar, while User created messages have an avatar of an in-game NPC. Which NPC is displayed will change with the number of ratings.

    A message with a rating of 0+ has a Undead Merchant avatar.
    A rating of 100+ will change to a Solaire of Astora avatar.
    A rating of 200+ will change to a Domhnall of Zena avatar.
    A rating of 300+ will change to a Darkmoon Knightess avatar.
    A rating of 400+ will change to a Princess Gwynevere avatar.
    A rating of 500+ will change to a Primordial Serpent avatar.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Orange+Guidance+Soapstone
    avatar
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

    Posts : 2613
    Reputation : 122
    Join date : 2012-09-15
    Location : Southern US

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by The Letter X on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 pm

    retro wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:This has really piked my interest to see how many upvotes changes the icon, and just how many there really are.
    I believe it's already figured out:
    Developer and Tutorial messages are accompanied by an Elite Knight avatar, while User created messages have an avatar of an in-game NPC. Which NPC is displayed will change with the number of ratings.

    A message with a rating of 0+ has a Undead Merchant avatar.
    A rating of 100+ will change to a Solaire of Astora avatar.
    A rating of 200+ will change to a Domhnall of Zena avatar.
    A rating of 300+ will change to a Darkmoon Knightess avatar.
    A rating of 400+ will change to a Princess Gwynevere avatar.
    A rating of 500+ will change to a Primordial Serpent avatar.
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Orange+Guidance+Soapstone

    Thank you for that.


    _________________
    avatar
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 8
    Join date : 2012-05-13
    Age : 44
    Location : In the dust cloud of a dead Star.

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Bioraptor on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 am

    aceluby wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:This seems to be the case "Silly unhelpfull signs get votes and helpfull signs get over looked"Also does anyone know if you can see + or - votes on your own messages?.

    On your own messages you just need to view it, I believe, to see the + and - votes. For other people's messages you need to use the 'seek guidance' miracle to see the + and - votes.
    Thank's for the reply good friend......


    _________________


    XBL : CelestialSpiral
    avatar
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1111
    Reputation : 24
    Join date : 2012-10-28
    Age : 24
    Location : Belgium

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by WaffleGuy on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 pm

    The best one for me was at the Sunlight Altar.
    It said 'Need comfort', near a crying pygmy


    _________________
    XBL: DayWafel

    [21:01:43] WaffleGuy : The average Hart is a majestic f*cker

    I invade people with a fat egghead and give them stuff  :red-orb:
    Need help with a low level? I can help players with SL 1 to 28, 36 to 66 and 90 to 120 biggrin

    My Pokémon doodles: http://soulswiki.forumsrpg.com/t24431p15-cute-pics-and-other-adorable-things

    Sponsored content

    Re: A big vote up sign...?

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:16 am