Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
Sloth9230
Jiub of Carim
Nybbles
defacto
largestember
Yurkoon
Rudmed
ExecutionerTri
PlasticandRage
Myztyrio
cloudyeki
FlorisFreakshow
Murdeaulio
sjackson12
Murkulanvippi
Insane117
tinypantha
Brokewilly
Ubcmflt
DarkW17
dancash1808
Glutebrah
Baked_Blazer
EeAyEss
Johnthethird
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
billy_bayonet
T-King-667
GrinTwist
Kyōkai
kane3977
Espada Muerta
User1
ChizFreak
The Letter X
RANT
martyrsbrigade99
Lord of Ash
Slarg232
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
vatar5
reim0027
MyAwesomeAfro
FinPeku
Tolvo
N_Raist
DoughGuy
lorenzo110
hey its andres
Avenger649
Automancer
Jansports
Hydreigon11
62 posters

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:31 pm

A shotel? That is a good idea! Got to remember that one rarely fights fair in the forest.
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 3 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by Espada Muerta Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:54 pm

I give you my pride and joy build to cleanse the forest in ONE SHOT!

One Shot Anti Gank
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=255231534163872719
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Dark sorcerers eat your heart out. It really is encouraging to see so many people on board with our plan. I'm going hornet's+BS but I would definitely recommend tin crystallization catalyst to all sorcerers simply because of the high magic adjustment and the fact that these are not duels but exterminations. The quicker the better twisted
    Espada Muerta
    Espada Muerta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Espada Muerta Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:02 pm

I hate gankers to no end!!!!!! This will be EPIC I TELL YOU!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Why not use the Hornet Ring? There is nothing wrong with it. You talk about the honor brigade. You don't want to follow their rules of engagement. Same thing applies here. Especially in the Forest.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey quick thing, would we need Lord of Ash or Demon Slayer to act as suppliers for the duration of this invasion? It would be better to get the items we need without going to one of the npcs.
    kane3977

Post by kane3977 Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:49 pm

I've been doing my part for the last two weeks, going total cheese mode using DB and pursuers, with some crystal soul spear for those that try to spam silver pendant or run off and heal. Good stuff, think I'm sitting on enough souls to push me past SL 200 if I wanted to. I usually wear no armor except for dusk crown for added humiliation.

If I do come across someone that's by themselves I just use weapon only, whatever I want to practice with. If someone is solo and already fighting, I just wait my turn.

Last edited by kane3977 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting)
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:58 am

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Hey quick thing, would we need Lord of Ash or Demon Slayer to act as suppliers for the duration of this invasion? It would be better to get the items we need without going to one of the npcs.

If they would be willing to help out that would be great, I can normally get what I need quite easily as I have yet to get addicted to the green weed, but some Lloyd's talismans would be nice. Shrug
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:23 am

Don't forget to hop on down into the Darkroot Basin when things aren't looking so good.

Anyways, Leo Ring + Buffed Pike/Warpick/Pickaxe/Lucerne is godly.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 pm

I'm going to have to join in on this, I have a build that I'm almost finished making so I'll have to start working on getting that finished and ready for this.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:42 pm

cant post my build b ut I will say I win 95% of my fights the others are be4cause of lag or I spawn and get overwelmed, stupid suisides or the enemy is just that good
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:45 pm

If anyone has their builds ready for New Year's day/is available for that day then feel free to invade in the name of a first wave. Personally, I won't be available (New year's party) but I know some of the guys here were willing to go for New year's.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:34 pm

I might make a Zwei build for the Forest. Any suggestions?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:49 pm

cool *goes to forest alone to await forest hunters for some pvp* *two forest hunters invade* *they gang up on me and gank the hell out of me* the most hypocritical covenant in existence.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:53 pm

Reim, these are for you. Or anyone looking to make a zwei build.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=470251481271388215

I've not had much experience making other people's builds before, but this is how I'd like it, since there isn't much scaling on the Zwei to begin with so making it a zaphander (don't know who first coined that term but it is awesome) would be my preferred choice.

Or alternatively you could try a Murakumo build using pine resin like so:

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=128651234678789364

I've made both builds to optimize poise with a fast roll, if you don't mind medium roll then a lot of options are open to you if you use havel's ring but these are just the ramblings of a noob builder disregard them if you please silly

Last edited by Hydreigon11 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:58 pm

T-King-667 wrote:cool *goes to forest alone to await forest hunters for some pvp* *two forest hunters invade* *they gang up on me and gank the hell out of me* the most hypocritical covenant in existence.

Have you ever tried being a forest bro, or even invading in the forest? The ridiculous amount of times we get ganked by newbs who don't wish to get better or learn pvp tactics, who get two of their buddies to use the cheapest, scummiest tactics available to kill you and then point down and act as if they are better than you, it's enough to drive anyone insane. But the forest hunters hunt invaders, some will gank others, like myself, will leave a host if he is already fighting a phantom. But 9/10 times we run into these pieces of you know whats that gank and annoy the hell out of us.

It's not a hypocritical covenant at all, the covenant is to hunt people who trespass on the grave of artorias, and predators hunt in packs.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:06 pm

My experience tis hat over 99% of hosts will gang up on invaders or jump them as they spawn. So, when I spawn in the forest and I see a catbro fighting a host, I join in and jump the host. I don't know what happened befroe I spwaned. Maybe he was jumped and just cleared out the phantom. But, since 99% of the hosts I fight are gankers/jumpers, I feel no sense of unfairness of jumping the host and helping my catbro out.

Two other differences. Catbros can't heal (like hosts can heal or heal their phantoms) and can't summon help. Hosts can do both.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Ok, HOW do people have such luck Dark Wraithing or summoning in the forest? My build is maximized within the first minute it's in combat, but the moment I step into the forest I get invaded sad

Also, Does anyone have a good Comeback build? using both Tearstone Rings?
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:18 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:
    T-King-667 wrote:cool *goes to forest alone to await forest hunters for some pvp* *two forest hunters invade* *they gang up on me and gank the hell out of me* the most hypocritical covenant in existence.

Have you ever tried being a forest bro, or even invading in the forest? The ridiculous amount of times we get ganked by newbs who don't wish to get better or learn pvp tactics, who get two of their buddies to use the cheapest, scummiest tactics available to kill you and then point down and act as if they are better than you, it's enough to drive anyone insane. But the forest hunters hunt invaders, some will gank others, like myself, will leave a host if he is already fighting a phantom. But 9/10 times we run into these pieces of you know whats that gank and annoy the hell out of us.

It's not a hypocritical covenant at all, the covenant is to hunt people who trespass on the grave of artorias, and predators hunt in packs.
    Yes i have been a part of the "Pack" before and yes i have encounterd gankers but 9/10 times? no maybe 3/10 for me? but thats besides the point im trying to make..Like you said, the covenant is made to hunt in packs and to gang up on the enemy. And i just find it ironic how the covenant thats made to hunt down others in packs is now complaining how they are being hunted by packs. Like they say, the forest is a place with no rules. I go in there and host alone at my own risk of being ganked by multiple forest hunters. You should invade at your own risk aswell. This is dark souls after all
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:19 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Ok, HOW do people have such luck Dark Wraithing or summoning in the forest? My build is maximized within the first minute it's in combat, but the moment I step into the forest I get invaded sad

http://mmdks.com/l8z

You got it bro. Great Scythe since I have been saved many times by the dead angling W/D R1/RB of that at +15 to take advantage of the high dex. Power Within to drain your health/to really go last stand on the poor fool's booty and Great Chaos Fireball cos I once got hit with that whilst the guy was in RTS and he nearly one shotted me. Only thing I would suggest is unless you're gonna go balls to the wall when the rings activate, the BTS may be kind of useless.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:25 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:

Yes i have been a part of the "Pack" before and yes i have encounterd gankers but 9/10 times? no maybe 3/10 for me? but thats besides the point im trying to make..Like you said, the covenant is made to hunt in packs and to gang up on the enemy. And i just find it ironic how the covenant thats made to hunt down others in packs is now complaining how they are being hunted by packs. Like they say, the forest is a place with no rules. I go in there and host alone at my own risk of being ganked by multiple forest hunters. You should invade at your own risk aswell. This is dark souls after all

I'm not complaining about being ganked, hell you could gank me all day long as long as you got better progressively. What I am sick of are the sheer amount of DUMB gankers in the forest. One occasion I parried this guy about three/four times with a set up parry yet he still spammed his zaphander like it was the weapon of the Gods. Another someone tried to outdamage my SLB'd Iaito with Quelaag's Furysword, and then tried once more when I invaded him again. This is what I want to attack, dumb people who aren't willing to learn PvP yet think that they are good at it. People who think that PvP is some playground where the fairies dance and prism stones rain down from the clouds. It irks me how so many people can think that they can do PvP because they can gank and how they are unwilling to learn or even get better at it, in the same way you would get better at PvE or in the same way you would get better at PvP in any other game.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 pm

ya no i was hosting in the forest on my onsies earlier, and the forest hunters kept ganking me.....you cant clean the forest up......its dirty for a reason
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:33 pm

It's bad on both sides. The hosts say they gank because the Hunters gank, and vice-versa. Sometimes I'll gang up on a lone host just because previous gank squads left a bad taste in my mouth, but that won't change anything - it's just making it worse. I've tried giving hosts the BOTD many times in the past, but got burned too many times to do it any longer. The only time I will not gang on a host now is if I happen to recognize them and I know that they do not gank.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:34 pm

billy_bayonet wrote:ya no i was hosting in the forest on my onsies earlier, and the forest hunters kept ganking me.....you cant clean the forest up......its dirty for a reason

Eesh I'm not trying to clean the forest up, I know it's impossible but I wanted to make an event where we can all let loose our scummiest most vile, horrendous tactics known to us.I doubt this will have any effect, but even if I invade one person who thinks, hmm this guy was pretty good, maybe I should actually try some PvP then my mission will be done.

But don't misunderstand, this isn't a mission of righteousness, it's a mission of bloodlust.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:Ok, HOW do people have such luck Dark Wraithing or summoning in the forest? My build is maximized within the first minute it's in combat, but the moment I step into the forest I get invaded sad

http://mmdks.com/l8z

You got it bro. Great Scythe since I have been saved many times by the dead angling W/D R1/RB of that at +15 to take advantage of the high dex. Power Within to drain your health/to really go last stand on the poor fool's booty and Great Chaos Fireball cos I once got hit with that whilst the guy was in RTS and he nearly one shotted me. Only thing I would suggest is unless you're gonna go balls to the wall when the rings activate, the BTS may be kind of useless.

Cheers big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:19 pm