Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
BLA1NE
Maneater_Mildred
DoughGuy
Deprived Lord
hey its andres
LordRevan
Ahhotep1
dianaduh
JoeBroski09
BeeSeaEss
Soris Ice Goldwing
Slarg232
Hydreigon11
dancash1808
Jester's Tears
Mr. Tart
Serious_Much
ChizFreak
SlakeMoth
Uparkaam
GrinTwist
The Letter X
Spurgun
Marino.
Tolvo
Carphil
cloudyeki
Forum Pirate
Garl_Vinland
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Hatsune Miku
bunnywink
PlasticandRage
skarekrow13
38 posters

Random Off-Topic

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Random Off-Topic - Page 24 Empty Re: Random Off-Topic

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:47 pm

Not sure but three year old girls like jumping off of things
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:19 pm

I have to say, Pokemon being aimed at 7 year olds is a little cliche don't you think?

Most 7 year olds now are too busy playing CoD to appreciate the intricacies of seeing your friends fight for you, in a gruelling, mentally taxing battle. So I'd say the audience of Pokemon is the same people who played it in the first place, way back in 98, I started in '05 and since, every Pokemon event is filled with people my age upwards, no seven year olds there.

Pokemon plays on our nostalgia, back in the good days the cutesiness is there to TRY and make it more accessible, but that shiz doesn't fly here, maybe in Japan, but not here.

So Pokemon, not for 7 year olds. And whilst I'm on this point, CoD is aimed at 11 year olds, because CoD's main way of advertisement is TV and who falls for TV advertisement? 11-14 year olds. Check it, it's true.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Who watches tv?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:27 pm

hey its andres wrote:Who watches tv?

I watch The Big Bang Theory, and that's about it. I don't like tv.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:28 pm

hey its andres wrote:Who watches tv?

I watch sports, The Walking Dead, Futurama, MLP, and the odd documentary. Nothing else seems to grab my attention anymore.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

Except for maybe (live) Sports you can watch all of the above on the Internet anytime you want .

TV will die soon
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:31 pm

I absolutely hate the Big Bang Theory, it was fun, until I realised there were making fun of nerds and just laughing at 'scientific' words like proton. Like seriously that's not funny. Also whenever WoW (who even plays that now) is mentioned the studio audience laugh their little non nerdy asses off, where we nerds, who the show seems to be targeted at, are like dude that's not funny. Also the humour has become dry and overused, kill the series now.

I watch TV for Doctor Who, Sherlock, How I Met Your Mother, anything written by Stephen Moffat. Other than that, my visual sustenance is provided by YouTube.

I think TV still needs to exist however, I doubt it will die soon, it will die eventually but it's not dying anytime soon, I give it another 3 or 4 generations, so when I'm dead and gone basically.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:33 pm

You can watch live sports on the internet too, but the quality is usually ****. And sports is one of the few things that I actually make an insistence on watching in HD. You really can't go back to SD after watching live games in HD.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:34 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:I absolutely hate the Big Bang Theory, it was fun, until I realised there were making fun of nerds and just laughing at 'scientific' words like proton. Like seriously that's not funny. Also whenever WoW (who even plays that now) is mentioned the studio audience laugh their little non nerdy asses off, where we nerds, who the show seems to be targeted at, are like dude that's not funny. Also the humour has become dry and overused, kill the series now.

I watch TV for Doctor Who, Sherlock, How I Met Your Mother, anything written by Stephen Moffat. Other than that, my visual sustenance is provided by YouTube.

I consider myself a nerd. I find it funny. Shrug
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:38 pm

The Letter X wrote:
    Hydreigon11 wrote:I absolutely hate the Big Bang Theory, it was fun, until I realised there were making fun of nerds and just laughing at 'scientific' words like proton. Like seriously that's not funny. Also whenever WoW (who even plays that now) is mentioned the studio audience laugh their little non nerdy asses off, where we nerds, who the show seems to be targeted at, are like dude that's not funny. Also the humour has become dry and overused, kill the series now.

I consider myself a nerd. I find it funny. Shrug

Well... whatever, I'm not trying to sway your opinion it's just unfair when they laugh at the gang for liking comic books or games or movies, yes it's a little odd how much they like it but it's not uncommon it's like someone following fashion madly, no one laughs at that so why is it for movies. Eh, the eternal struggles of a stereotyped nerd.

Like I'm called odd for loving Doctor Who, but when someone says they love Eastenders (British soap that is a pile of mouldy, insert waste product of human body here) it's perfectly normal, it's the same god damn principle and it's not nice to see this trend carry on in TV. Ah, it irks me.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 pm

What a big suprise . Sitcoms get old !
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:39 pm

Netflix > TV
    Internet >/= Netflix
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:45 pm

I had Netflix momentarily, I watched all of Breaking Bad, then ran out of things to watch. I can see where all the hate for TV is coming from (on average you spend 40% of your time watching adverts) but if the internet becomes TV we'll have the same problems. Adverts will be rampant (YouTube already has 'choose a video or have TWO ad breaks' both of the videos are twenty minutes long) and creativity will be shot down, the variety we currently have will no longer be available, if YouTube becomes the next TV, then YouTube will BECOME TV, in every aspect. And to be honest, that change frightens me. Currently YouTube is for every channel, big and small, educational or frivolous but add a truly commercial aspect to it, like TV, and it will not be the place we knew. Basically, the longer TV stays alive, the longer I am a unique and pretty snowflake for using YouTube and the longer I can watch channels I enjoy on YouTube.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm

I spent most of my Time on the Internet on Youtube (Probably since 2005) and i also noticed this drastic change. Well, its impossible not to anyway.

Small Channels barely have chances, Big Channels are on the front Page and tags are pretty much useless .
    Don't even get me started on Ads >_>
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:51 pm

Sports must be in HD!

I also watch: Simpsons and family guy on demand
    South Park, Futurama, Wilfred, It's always sunny in Philadelphia and tbbt sometimes.

Netflix and cable on demand have drastically reduced my live viewing
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:54 pm

My T.V. watches me in my sleep, but I barely watch it. I don't even have cable for it, if I ever want to watch anything I go onto Youtube and just watch a movie on there.

I've never actually used Netflix before, can someone tell me how much you have to pay to watch a full season?
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:57 pm

Hell I couldn't give two hells about sport. Goddamn sport is so boring. The only ones worth watching in the UK is Tennis. Football has turned into one massive soap opera with affairs and racism and all that tedious crap all over and I've never been interested in it to begin with (English football, the one played with the feet, hence foot ball not hand egg you silly Americans).

Even tennis is barely broadcasted and really I don't see how people can sit down to watch a full 90 minutes of people kicking and chasing a ball, it seems so tedious.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 pm

I watch Soccer because my Brother and Father do it .
    A way to spend some time together happy
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Netflix is £6 per month in the UK, I'ma guess it's your regional equivalent. You could get a free trial and watch everything during that time, not recommended, but you get your money's worth.

The only football I watch is international, because then the teams are playing for something, we have something to prove, and England is either one of the worst teams who are really really good, or one of the best teams who are really really bad. I dread the Euro or World cup where we face Spain. But international football is broad cast once every two years, so I can hardly say I watch sport can I?
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Hell I couldn't give two hells about sport. Goddamn sport is so boring. The only ones worth watching in the UK is Tennis. Football has turned into one massive soap opera with affairs and racism and all that tedious crap all over and I've never been interested in it to begin with (English football, the one played with the feet, hence foot ball not hand egg you silly Americans).

Even tennis is barely broadcasted and really I don't see how people can sit down to watch a full 90 minutes of people kicking and chasing a ball, it seems so tedious.

I agree, people always tried to get me into watching sports. I could just never care enough to know if the Bears would win a game or not. Hell I think the only I game I ever could watch was when the Black Sox won some important game. The only reason I cared was because it hadn't happened in over a hundred years I think.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 pm

My friends are trying to get me into football and they succeeded in driving me further away. All these town football clubs made up of African players make no sense to me. At least in tennis it's one person proving themself against another, I would like to get into fencing though, 'twould be badass.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:05 pm

I've done parkour and at one point in time I got into wrestling. I think the only reason parkour was ever able to hold an interest was because I had to keep a constant pace while going over/under objects. It always made my day a bit more lively.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:08 pm

Well, despite being fairly skinny, I have the stamina of a morbidly obese 40 y/o, I don't get out much since it's usually sub zero or a downpour outside so parkour doesn't seem like much fun for me. I'm decent at badminton but I can never get anyone to play with me. Ah well, Dark Souls cuts it anyway, who needs sports eh?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:09 pm

I did Parkour once

It was awfull
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist