Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
passivefamiliar
XDHappyDX
Halicarnassis
lalliman
Rynn
vageta31
10 posters

SL 1, One shot boss challenge

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

SL 1, One shot boss challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: SL 1, One shot boss challenge

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 am

Nybbles wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:But doing it fair and square on NG is a different story. big grin
    You can get RTSR, PW and Bellowing Ring fairly easy.
    Going to Ash Lake to join Dragon Path and dueling for Scales will take A LOT of time, but it's doable. Just place the sign in Burg/Parish and go build a house, or something.

when i'm dueling for scales, i've had the most luck in the Burg at a low soul level, i've earned 18 scales there in less than two hours once (pretty sure that was an anomaly though). the strange part is that some of the hosts had summoned me and they said they didn't even have a dragon scale? i always thought that was a requirement?

anyway, low level dueling for scales in the Burg is definitely the fastest route to getting the Dragon Body.
    It could be a bug, or lag. The game does that a lot.
    I get summoned as an invader, while using WSS and vice versa.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 am

Sentiel wrote:It could be a bug, or lag. The game does that a lot.
    I get summoned as an invader, while using WSS and vice versa.

well what ever was going on, it was working and i wasn't complaining. the thing is that i've been able to repeat it on several different toons, all at low soul level (around SL15 or there about). maybe they changed something in the patch? i don't recall if i tried dueling for scales in the Burg at low soul level before the patch.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:59 pm

Does a player count as a mini-boss?
    They don't respawn. <3

Also, I am curious. I'm definitely going to be giving this a try. I'll play a sorcerer, go grab the Dusk Crown, Bellowing Dragoncrest, Red Tearstone Ring, Power Within, and start to wreck things.

I win the challenge forever if I can just reach Dark Bead; Which I can't, because Artorias.
    Krasouski
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Krasouski Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 pm

Really cool challange,i might try it
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Crystal Lizards do not respawn.
    Are they considered mini-bosses?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:01 pm

^Funny. lol!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 pm

I'm just saying XD.
    I'm not counting them, but the rules are not entirely clear.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey, you're right to ask. If you can get some freebie levels off of those lizards why not try to include them?

Though I'm fairly certain vegeta won't allow for that. silly
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Some of you guys are getting a bit carried away on the "sub bosses"... :suspect: Just follow this list except the giant rat in the depths is a no because he's too easy and I've allowed the Bereneke because he should be labled a sub boss in the parish.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/bosses

I originally was going to give points for boss kills only, but unless I gave more than 2 points for success, there just wasn't enough to continue leveling up. So I decided that adding mini-bosses would be cool so long as you could one shot them since some of them are somewhat tough and it just makes the challenge more fun.

Just follow that list and remove the rat, add the Bereneke. I fear my intent is being lost... The point in the end is you can't make it very high in levels no matter what you do. Bosses and mini/sub bosses are short in supply and limited. Adding a bunch more to the list will just negate the added challenge.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:09 pm

You guys are obviously welcome to tweak the challenge to your own tastes, I was just throwing up a guideline that I put for myself. Just be aware if you do use different rules then you can't really compare results with one another.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:40 pm