Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
raecor14
mugenis4real
Glutebrah
CaligoIllioneus
8 posters

PC Township: Worse than the Forest?

CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PC Township: Worse than the Forest? Empty PC Township: Worse than the Forest?

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:40 am

I thought the Township was supposed to be a dueling area, but this is ridiculous. Every day I find 1 duelist each 10 scrubs. Today I only found a single person that bowed, and I've been there about 2 hours.

Invaders try to run for the mobs/elevator, hosts gank or spawnkill, etc.

I didn't find this amount of scrubs even in the forest.... in fact in the forest I get decent duels, if I invade a host and he's alone he usually bows and I bow back.

Of the last 5 fights I had, 4 of them were dark bead spammers, one of them being from japan and with huge lag, which made him impossible to kill: I died about 3 seconds after I rolled (perfectly, on my screen) through the beads. The other was a typical katana user, and while not too bad, he also did not bow and just ran straight at me after he spawned.

Does PC have a different meta, or is the Township like this on all versions? I don't mind "invasion mentality" or dirty tactics when you invade a random person who is trying to progress through the level, but when they're all clearly waiting at the bonfire (or worst, at the spawn point) for invaders?

As a side note, in the Township I have received rage mail for buffing weapons, which is apparently "cheap and dishonorable"

Last edited by CaligoIllioneus on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PC Township: Worse than the Forest? Empty Re: PC Township: Worse than the Forest?

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:45 am

i get mostly duels on PS3
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

PC Township: Worse than the Forest? Empty Re: PC Township: Worse than the Forest?

Post by mugenis4real Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:36 am

The Township isn't any worse than the Forest but it's definitely just as bad.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:00 am

thats invasions, you want duels they made the arena and the RSS.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 am

thats invasions, you want duels they made the arena

:roll:

The arena is basically the township/forest without estus chuggers and more tryhards.

Anyways, I guess I'll stick to the forest and duels I arrange with people instead of randoms.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:22 am

About the buffs, with the way you described everyone else, it seems like they shouldn't be complaining.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:24 pm

i honestly don't get what is so bad about town ship, it is my favorite place to host/invade to get fair duels. you guys are all crazy.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Sometimes, I get gankers. Other times, I get fair fights. But, in the forest, 99% of the time I get gankers (which is what I want).

Heck, the other day, I got summoned via RSS. I was fighting the host when a red invaded and rushed the host. I joined the host and we killed the invader. The host dropped 6 humanities. We kept duelling, but kept getting interrupted by invaders that jumped us. So, we kept ganging up on the invaders.

That was fun. We both did it instinctually . . an invader entered, we split up to see what the invader would do. We ganged up on the invader if he jumped. If he didn't jump, then we let the invader fight the host. Best fight in the Township.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:41 pm

its hard to judge who is ganking and who isn't ganking in town ship, there have been times when you invade and you see summoning phantom, and then get "ganked" but you can tell by the gear the host has on, and the fact they run off into the level after you die that they are just summon to clear the level.

it just happens that town ship is a huge pve co-op and pvp spot so you are bound to invade people who are summoning for legit pve co-op.

i have drop white signs in town just to see if i ever got summoned to gank, and i have never been summoned by a host who wanted to gank. we have always cleared the level, and a few times while me and host were waiting for 2nd phantom yea we were invaded but we weren't intentionally ganking.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 pm

The thing is, the PC Forest is not that bad. There's a fair share of gankers, but for each ganker I also meet a lone host that bows and duels. I've also hosted there and while the forest hunters tend to be a bit more scrubby, several times I've had them wait for me to finish fighting forest NPCs, for example, or two of them invade, I'm fighting one, the other tries to gank me, and the 1st one runs away and bows and lets me fight the new invader 1v1.

In the Township, however, the fair fights I get are minimal, and the scrubs are not people progressing with the level (I don't even call those scrubs, since they just want to progress with the area and I'm halting their progress, so it's ok if they fight dirty) but people clearly waiting for invaders, or invaders themselves. Yesterday in the Township I did end up fighting a couple of nice duels, since I was able to summon a friendly RSS phantom. However, I also met a dark magic spammer who tried to dark bead me when I was bowing, and once he ran out of spells (I didn't get unlucky with lag and I could roll through all of them) he just ran away to Manus' fog gate and sent taunting messages. He eventually came back and tried to kill me while I fighted the sorcerers before the chained prisoner, and when that didn't work, he ran away again and black crystalled out. Yesterday for all the time I spent in the Township, I met a grand total of 3 duelists, the rest didn't even bow.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:39 pm

Oh, completely missed the "PC" part. I know the forest is different there. Too bad, really.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 pm

You should just sit at the burg, I invaded once in township got White Dragon breathe'd from my spawn, lol
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 pm

My masochistic self demanded Township pickaxe invasions....I just invaded a spawnkiller, luckily he was really, really bad.

I also found this bloodstain and I thought it was hilarious(ly sad)

https://i.imgur.com/9jCdK.jpg
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:53 am

No point getting butthurt if people don't bow, as long as they just attack. It doesn't change the actual fight one bit.

If they run to mobs/run off to heal it can get dull, since following is obviously not ideal but waiting sucks.

This is honestly why I'm a catbro 90% of the time...you don't have to worry about things very much. If you get a 1v1 you can just lloyds. Gankers are always there but you can just fog ring wait for a 2v2 against them or fight 1v2 depending on preference.

As a FH I saw a spirit of vengeance invade my target yesterday. I must admit, that one is pretty rare. You could tell we were both cautious about "helping each other", but ultimately it did turn into a 2v2 and I wound up killing both gankers :p. I always prefer another catbro though because I can't accidentally kill them with tempests.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:38 pm