Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Share
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Onion Knight on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 pm

    -Demon's Souls variety and validity of upgrade paths with Dark Souls reduction in grind and farming.
    -Give Boss Souls more similar use to in Demon's Souls.
    -Keep the progression of weapon and armour variety up.
    -More variety of miracles and spells, whilst giving pyromancy a stat requirement to level up (remove the pointless resistance stat.)
    -A more indepth tutorial on finer game mechanics such as summoning, humanity use and invasions. With dialogue or information permanently there in case new players forget or need to check.
    -Expand on the covenant concept.
    -Don't nerf the difficulty or pander to the PvP community as much in the patches as they did in Dark Souls.
    -More Kings Field references.
    -Anything else is icing on the cake.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 404
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Age : 23
    Location : Georgia

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by mr_no_face on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:01 pm

    I enjoyed the lonesome walk through the tutorials i don't favor the idea of a mentor or anything but maybe at the beginning have an enemy teach you the basics so he can lure you into a trap and then you use your new found skill to turn the tables on him

    But yes some things could be more specific and in depth but then again part of demon's and dark souls was the mystery and the stranded feeling in the world


    _________________
    PSN: Mr_No_Face
                               
    avatar
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1046
    Reputation : 98
    Join date : 2012-05-25
    Age : 24
    Location : Great Britain

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Onion Knight on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:07 pm

    In Demon's Souls in the Nexus which was basically the Firelink Shrine of the game they had an area nicknamed by players as 'beginners corner.' Basically it had all the basic and advanced information for the game and it's mechanics written down in messages on the floor.
    I'd like something like that to return, but more eloquently than just messages, maybe an engraving on a wall or a permanent NPC to just relay this basic and advanced information. It would allow players to access this anytime rather than just the tutorial area.
    It would improve accessibility without tuning down difficulty.


    _________________
    Steam: OnionKnight
    PSN: Bohemond-Antioch93
    Youtube: Balthier Ivalice
    avatar
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1060
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 19
    Location : Gensōkyō, In Search For I

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by tinypantha on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:08 pm

    LunarFog wrote:I want more creepy areas! Yes! That is a great idea! Covenants with more variety in their goals too. And how about a mechanic that makes duel-weilding weapons viable.
    it wll be check the trailer (i know its live action) he swings with two weapons of the same type thu i believe it will be added with improvements


    _________________
    Tehdoomgrasp wrote:Got a cute forum name, reminding me of a little panda. Taking that plus the avatar is making me squee manly squees.
    Je parle francais. Je pense.

    my favorite qoutes:

    Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

    "I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."
    avatar
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1060
    Reputation : 28
    Join date : 2012-09-25
    Age : 19
    Location : Gensōkyō, In Search For I

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by tinypantha on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:08 pm

    LunarFog wrote:I want more creepy areas! Yes! That is a great idea! Covenants with more variety in their goals too. And how about a mechanic that makes duel-weilding weapons viable.
    it wll be check the trailer (i know its live action) he swings with two weapons of the same type thu i believe it will be added with improvements


    _________________
    Tehdoomgrasp wrote:Got a cute forum name, reminding me of a little panda. Taking that plus the avatar is making me squee manly squees.
    Je parle francais. Je pense.

    my favorite qoutes:

    Tolvo wrote:I want one that moans loudly just so players can get really confused and creeped out.

    "I
    just put a stone in that things mouth, with that face, and it sexually
    moaned. Alright I'm getting the hell out of here."
    avatar
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 266
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-10-13

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Steel Dragon74 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:33 pm

    Ok I have alot of things, most are pretty little so sorry if I go on a bit

    Weapons:
    1: More DeS like upgrade system, as in give lots of variety and make some upgrades only availble on certain weapons and for Gwyns sake give us fatal instead of the hornet ring so that people can only get super BSs with weapons that should be used for that (like daggers) and that those weapons loose effectivness in other areas

    2: New weapons and weapon types

    3: Curved Gsword moveset needs to be changed, I expect them to have a moveset, swing speed and damage that sits somewhere between that of curved swords and greatswords

    4: Bows and Xbows, make use of the R2 button, Im thinking something like Chesters kick to get some clearance. Also let us zoom in with Xbows if we 2 hand them

    5:Give everything a similar maximum combat potential, sure make some take more skill to acheive that but make no weapon downright more powerful, likewise give everything a way to counter it, most things do this fine but not all and those are the things that people hate the most

    Armor:
    The only thing that I would really change is slightly change the weight breakpoints to fast roll at below 33%, mid roll below 66% and fat roll below 100% because it really doesnt make sense having one range twice the size of the othe two

    Enviroments:
    I want things to be more uninviting and dark than DkS but I dont wank everything to just scream "YOU WILL DIE" like it did in DeS

    NPCs:
    1: I would like to see NPCs react to the presence of enemys and deal with them is a way that fits their character e.g Dusk might run or cower in fear, Chester might sit back and watch you fight it mabey even yelling something sarcastic at you and only helping you fight it if it became a threat to him etc. Hell some NPCs might even help the ememy

    Story:
    The story itself doesnt concern me that much, im sure it will be fine. What I do need to say is that the approch needs to be the same, that you give us the option to delve into it but dont force it on us

    Covenants:
    More covenants with more variety and more ranks with better rewards the farther you get

    Ok I think thats all


    _________________
    You can Run....
    You can Hide....

    But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

    Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

    Because you cant Flip anymore

    Raven of the Great Wolf

    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

    Posts : 5553
    Reputation : 119
    Join date : 2012-01-29
    Age : 20
    Location : Finland!

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Spurgun on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:39 pm

    I want them to expand on the covenants, and make them more important.
    Like special places, NPC's, weapons and armor that you get for being faithful. And a lot harsher punishments for leaving. You shouldn't be able to jump around in the covs like you can in DkS.
    And i want them to bring back the dragon covenant, it was one of the best things about DkS.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by steveswede on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:02 am

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:Ok I have alot of things, most are pretty little so sorry if I go on a bit

    Weapons:
    1: More DeS like upgrade system, as in give lots of variety and make some upgrades only availble on certain weapons and for Gwyns sake give us fatal instead of the hornet ring so that people can only get super BSs with weapons that should be used for that (like daggers) and that those weapons loose effectivness in other areas

    4: Bows and Xbows, make use of the R2 button, Im thinking something like Chesters kick to get some clearance. Also let us zoom in with Xbows if we 2 hand them

    Alot of the weapon paths in DeS were actually useless. While some do need to return like quality, crushing and sharp. Upgrades like fatal, mercury, tearing, sticky, and dark don't due to those effects being brilliantly added as a special bonus to DkS weapons.

    As for bows, the R2 is for swapping out arrows.
    avatar
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 404
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Age : 23
    Location : Georgia

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 am

    I would greatly appreciate a damn zoom with a crossbow seriously lol make them better and i want to see kid legitimately want to use them in pvp or every day in game combat jeez. I think covenant wise some should be at odds I wanna see one covenant beef it out with another for trespassing or killing one of their own. Higher Consequence for betrayal yes and also greater rewards for loyalty.the forest hunter covenant made me mad because i read online when the game came out that you couldn't kill anything in the forest without betraying them. i got mad when the bushes still attacked me. if you're part of the cov protecting the woods why are they still trying to eat me they don't attack the other npc's nor did the npc's help kill them when they attacked me


    _________________
    PSN: Mr_No_Face
                               
    avatar
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 581
    Reputation : 20
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Location : Anatolia, Land of the Rising Sun

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Djem on Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:30 pm

    I would much rather have a sequel than a prequel, but if that means ruining the Lore, by all means, have it your way and make it a prequel.
    avatar
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 404
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Age : 23
    Location : Georgia

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:06 pm

    who has any ideas about the new healing system will it still be estus or is the pendant going to have some play ... or are we going to munch grass like the cows we are again


    _________________
    PSN: Mr_No_Face
                               
    avatar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

    Posts : 1206
    Reputation : 106
    Join date : 2012-08-07

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Seignar on Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:22 pm

    Estus system works best. If we get grass we might as well remove healing miracles, as the only reason healing is viable in Dark Souls is because Estus is limited.

    On another topic, I think Humanity shouldn't heal and instead should cure all status aliments. I also think we need the option of being able to select the amount of donations we want to give all at once for our covenants.

    Because I sure don't like having to click the same button 30 times just to rank up.

    avatar
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 266
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-10-13

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Steel Dragon74 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:18 pm

    steveswede wrote:
    Steel Dragon74 wrote:Ok I have alot of things, most are pretty little so sorry if I go on a bit

    Weapons:
    1: More DeS like upgrade system, as in give lots of variety and make some upgrades only availble on certain weapons and for Gwyns sake give us fatal instead of the hornet ring so that people can only get super BSs with weapons that should be used for that (like daggers) and that those weapons loose effectivness in other areas

    4: Bows and Xbows, make use of the R2 button, Im thinking something like Chesters kick to get some clearance. Also let us zoom in with Xbows if we 2 hand them

    Alot of the weapon paths in DeS were actually useless. While some do need to return like quality, crushing and sharp. Upgrades like fatal, mercury, tearing, sticky, and dark don't due to those effects being brilliantly added as a special bonus to DkS weapons.

    As for bows, the R2 is for swapping out arrows.

    Sorry that was meant to say L2

    How are those useless?
    Fatal is a brilliant option for people who exel at parrying and BSs and isnt OP because it lowers the weapons AR and only works on critical weapons (daggers and rapiers)

    While Tearing might not work with the DkS bleed the Tearing Uchigatana that Ive been using lately doesnt seem useless, in fact its downright awesome

    As for Sticky, how can the upgrade that lierally makes the best bow in the game be useless?

    I cant comment on the other two because I havent used them but sure they have their uses
    But that wasnt what I was saying before anyway, I wasnt talking about the upgrade paths, I want lots and lots of options for how to upgrade my weapons so that I can go through 10+ playthroughs with the same weapons and still make them totally differenet


    _________________
    You can Run....
    You can Hide....

    But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

    Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

    Because you cant Flip anymore

    Raven of the Great Wolf
    avatar
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 404
    Reputation : -4
    Join date : 2012-12-08
    Age : 23
    Location : Georgia

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by mr_no_face on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:31 pm

    the option to choose amount of offerings to a covenant <--- must have I agree completely .It was just plain dumb that i had to spend 30 minutes using humanity to bring up my humanity count only to spend another 30 minutes sacrificing each one individually . I bet it was one of those things they completely just DERP 4GOT. MY B! ya know lol


    _________________
    PSN: Mr_No_Face
                               
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by steveswede on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:Sorry that was meant to say L2

    Well that's used for swaping out as well, though you do have a point. It's a waste to have two buttons that do the same move.

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:
    How are those useless?
    Fatal is a brilliant option for people who exel at parrying and BSs and isnt OP because it lowers the weapons AR and only works on critical weapons (daggers and rapiers)

    While Tearing might not work with the DkS bleed the Tearing Uchigatana
    that Ive been using lately doesnt seem useless, in fact its downright
    awesome

    Part of Demon's Souls problem with weapon upgrades is that alot of them were specific to only a handful of weapons. Fatal was only for daggers and rapiers and tearing was only for cutting weapons so when the design choice was to put them in as a special attribute, the upgrade paths became obsolete. I also believe From did this because they wanted a more universal upgrade system where if you wanted a magic, faith, fire and lightning build weapon, then you won't have any restrictions doing it.


    Steel Dragon74 wrote:As for Sticky, how can the upgrade that lierally makes the best bow in the game be useless?

    Sticky was nothing more than a glorified bladestone upgrade path for bows. Why have two different upgrade paths that do exactly the same thing.

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:I cant comment on the other two because I havent used them but sure they have their uses

    Mercury (poison) is pointless now because rotten pine resin does a great job poisoning enemies (I use it alot in PvP) however it can do with a tweak like being able to put poison on a left handed weapon as it would be highly useful with a shotel.

    Cloudstone (dark) was an upgrade system that just strengthen shields magic resistance while keeping the stability at base level. Now I like the idea off upgrading shields to make them more resistant to a specific attribute but this could have been easily done with just the magic path instead of it's own. That's not say that it was sorted in Dark Souls. The way the shields upgraded there were not worth the effort due to how little you boosted shield resistance and kept stability at base level. The whole system needs looking over again where specific shield resistances are boosted greatly but stability increases at a lower rate.


    Steel Dragon74 wrote:But that wasnt what I was saying before anyway, I wasnt talking about the upgrade paths, I want lots and lots of options for how to upgrade my weapons so that I can go through 10+ playthroughs with the same weapons and still make them totally differenet

    I know and that's why I said crushing, quality and sharp upgrades need to return, well in a better form at least. In Demon's Souls, a crushing weapon couldn't become a sharp weapon and vise versa. Both of these should become universal but at a bit of a cost. What I mean is that if you have a blunt weapon which is for strength builds, then crushing would give it a S ranking in strength while sharp would give it a B in dex. If you have a slashing weapon for dex builds, then sharp would give it an S ranking in Dex but crushing would give it a B in strength.
    avatar
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 266
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-10-13

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Steel Dragon74 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm

    Having upgrades for specific weapon types was a good thing, it meant that we could only put upgrades on a weapon that it was actually practical for and so gankers couldnt all run with fatal weapons that are literally bigger than they are

    I think that over all DeS had a to complicated upgrade system with high variety while DkS had a simple one with not enough variety
    Heres how I think that it should work:
    1.The system should work on the 15 levels system that DkS uses and should get to +5 before they can change paths
    2. Only the standard, elemental and magic/faith paths can be universaly accepted by all weapons, all other paths will work with weapon types that fit with them (e.g fatal for daggers and rapiers)
    3. Many paths should be present for lots of experamentation

    Also I think that the poison path should compare to rotten resin in the same way that lightning compairs to gold pine resin, then it would work better


    _________________
    You can Run....
    You can Hide....

    But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

    Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

    Because you cant Flip anymore

    Raven of the Great Wolf
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by steveswede on Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:55 am

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:Having upgrades for specific weapon types was a good thing

    It isn't and From's decision to make upgrades universal is definitely what the series needed.

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:it meant that we could only put upgrades on a weapon that it was actually practical for and so gankers couldnt all run with fatal weapons that are literally bigger than they are.

    You do understand how the system works now in Dark Souls don't you? Every weapon in the game has a minimum critical damage of 100. Rapiers go from 110 to 127 (I think) and daggers go from 127 to 160. Basically what has happened is that these weapons have the fatal upgrade built in them by default. This means you can have a universal upgrade system without a universal fatal upgrade path, so you won't get any fatal ultra great swords. It also gives dagger and rapiers something unique from other weapons and actually gives balance to them, as in their normal damage is weak but their critical damage is much higher.

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:I think that over all DeS had a to complicated upgrade system with high variety while DkS had a simple one with not enough variety

    True but you don't need to bring back upgrades like fatal and bleed. The way those attributes have been adopted into Dark Souls weapon system has made them obsolete.

    You've got to keep in mind that there is a limit to what upgrade paths you can do due to the Souls series leveling system. In it's current form, adding a universal strength, dex and quality paths are the only paths that will actually benefit it's system. Unless the Souls system gets radically change in the next game, there is no point or benefit to add confusing and obsolete weapon item paths.
    avatar
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

    Posts : 1737
    Reputation : 67
    Join date : 2012-12-10
    Age : 24
    Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:11 am

    No point... no point? you mean all the time I spent gathering all those damn stones and the moonstone, good god that moonstone, was for nothing!?! Lies! It was so I could get my platinum trophy! Seriously though unless they all use the same "ore" adding different upgrade paths would be a waste of time and just an artificial way of extending the games life.


    _________________
    Some people wrestle with their personal demons. I stabbed mine in the back of the head. He was a bleeder....
    C'mon, Everybody! Do The Black Mage!
    PSN-Name: Sloth9230
    avatar
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 266
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-10-13

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Steel Dragon74 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:13 pm

    steveswede there seems to be a few things that you dont seem to quite realise:

    1: Daggers in DeS had higher criticals anyway (I havnt tested rapiers but they probably do to) it just wasnt shown in the stats, I know this because a few days ago I got a higher backstab with an unupgraded secret dagger than I did on the same enemy with a +1 falchion

    2: Crushing, Sharp and quality were incorperated into the basic upgrade path

    3: Bringing back Crushing, Sharp and Quality wont change the game or give us new ideas, if things dont change between games things will be old and stale and we will sink to the likes of CoD where nothing ever changes, we need new and different upgrades that universal or otherwise will change the way we think and let us come up with new ideas and tactics

    4: Im not saying we should bring back Fatal and Tearing, I have been using Fatal as an example because it supports my point that not every upgrade will work for every weapon, as I said above we need things that are totally new and have not been seen in the series so far


    Sloth9230 yes I agree that we should keep a low stone count, I was thinking what would different blacksmiths do with different ores e.g what would Rickert make with Red titanite etc


    _________________
    You can Run....
    You can Hide....

    But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

    Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

    Because you cant Flip anymore

    Raven of the Great Wolf
    avatar
    Slow Dog Noodle

    Posts : 8
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2012-12-11
    Age : 38
    Location : Chicago

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Slow Dog Noodle on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 pm

    My biggest issue with Dark Souls was the unfairness of multiplayer. As more of a casual player focused on PvE, I wasn't interested in spending 100 hours figuring out how to counter backstabs and avoid laggy hits.

    I love the PvP concept and never minded getting invaded, but I'd guess that maybe only 10% to 20% of my PvP experiences were against someone around my level with gear that made it a fair fight. Not sure exactly how to fix this, but I'd appreciate it.

    My two favorite areas across both games were Boletarian Palace and Undead Burg. I'd like to see more areas like this and less Crystal Caves or Lost Izalith, which were too open and boring imo.
    That said, assuming they don't pull a Final Fantasy XIII on me and totally destroy the franchise, I'll be a happy camper.
    avatar
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

    Posts : 652
    Reputation : 31
    Join date : 2012-10-30
    Age : 37

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by steveswede on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 am

    Steel Dragon74 wrote:2: Crushing, Sharp and quality were incorperated into the basic upgrade path

    3: Bringing back Crushing, Sharp and Quality wont change the game or give us new ideas, if things dont change between games things will be old and stale and we will sink to the likes of CoD where nothing ever changes, we need new and different upgrades that universal or otherwise will change the way we think and let us come up with new ideas and tactics

    Specific stat weapons at base level have always been part of both games and the titanite upgrade path is basically the hardstone/sharptone upgrade paths. What crushing, sharp and quality does is change the physical damage parameter bonuses which is missing in DkS. Take a katana for example. It only has a B parameter bonus in dex so if you only had 40 points invested in strength, a normal titanite upgrade path won't do anything to boost the katana's physical output. What crushing would do is change the scaling from dex to strength so now the katana does more damage in the hands of a pure strength build. This works exactly the same for pure dex builds who use bladestone to change a strength only parameter scaling weapon into a dex only parameter scaling weapon.

    As for the quality upgrade, no matter what weapon you use, it will put matching parameter bonuses in both strength and dex, ideal for those that like to pure melee at 40 strength and 40 dex. When it comes to upgrading a base quality weapon like the claymore, you would think why would you make it a quality weapon when it already is? Well the way quality works is that it lowers base damage and increases the parameter bonuses. So a quality build claymore will do less damage than a standard build claymore if your stats were 16 strength, 14 dex, but the quality build claymore will do more damage than a standard build claymore when you have 40 strength and 40 dex.

    With regards to brand new upgrade paths, there isn't anywhere else to go unless you either:

    1.Create a new parameter so weapons can scale off it
    2.A new elemental upgrade
    3.Do loads of combined upgrade paths like some kind of magic quality path where you can change the scaling of weapons so they evenly scale with both magic and faith.

    You could then do combos of strength with magic, strength with faith, dex with magic or dex with faith. Technically these paths are already in DkS though not as straight forward as this. If you really wanted to stretch it you could have weapons scale with stamina and resistance but that would be silly doing that. And even if you wanted to add a new special attribute to specific weapons, what else would be useful to add to the current four, bleed, critical, poison and toxic? Curse weapons? If they did that, that would seriously break the game. We don't want to see another unique upgrade path as we have three of those already and do we really want to see raw and crystal return considering raw becomes obsolete when you have weapons made with the very large ember and crystal weapons that add some more physical base damage at the cost of lowering durability.

    I ain't trying to be restrictive but this is basically all we can do with the current system unless all of this is scraped for an entirely new approach. This is something I have no idea where to go from. I not a fan of other RPG's so I haven't got any other games to check out how they do their weapon and magic systems for inspiration. If anyone else has a fresh approach or new way to do it I would love to hear it.
    avatar
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

    Posts : 266
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2012-10-13

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Steel Dragon74 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:07 am

    Those are actually good ideas for upgrade paths

    There is a fairly high chance that at least one new mechanic or effect, a new stat to replace resistance, and probably a new type of magic and mabey even new auxilery effects and damage types that new paths can be drawn from

    Im just guessing with those but I think they they might be there since most of those things were added in Dark Souls

    In general im not to fussed on weather the paths are universal or not as long as one thing is kept in mind:
    -Dark souls universal system should not mix with DeS style of paths and vice versa

    I see your point with the Sharp, Crushing etc and think it is a good idea that I will be happy to see if it shows up but it will need something else to go with it, I dont care what that something is as long as it works

    I dont have any idea where to go with either, but then again I dont really think any of us know at this point in time


    _________________
    You can Run....
    You can Hide....

    But know that you can never escape
    Know that you are only delaying your end
    Know that we will find you

    Because of your choice
    You chose to be a Ganker
    Now you will pay the price

    Because you cant Flip anymore

    Raven of the Great Wolf

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dark souls 2! LET'S TALK

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 pm