Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
LunarFog
Bioraptor
hey its andres
AzureCrow
RANT
Carphil
ChizFreak
11 posters

Best place to gravelord? (most population)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Best place to gravelord? (most population) Empty Best place to gravelord? (most population)

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Just that. I want to get invaded ASAP the moment I start gravelording. I'm going for a rush of PvP and will kill as many people as I can, using any tactic I'm able to.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Best place to gravelord? (most population) Empty Re: Best place to gravelord? (most population)

Post by Carphil Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Low level - Parish!

High level - I have the same doubt :|
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Best place to gravelord? (most population) Empty Re: Best place to gravelord? (most population)

Post by RANT Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Sl 99 duke's, so busy there. Every time I go in there I get invaded within seconds, mostly reds and the occasional sov.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Are you looking for specifically SOV's or just pvp? The Kiln if a great place to get constant invaders, whenever I pop an EoD I have a red invading me, often the second I cross the entrance I'm fogwalled in. It's also a good place to expect anything to happen so really everything goes.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Mainly SoV.

For now my theory is that the Oolacile Township is the best place.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Use soapstones as a guide. If you see a place with a lot of soapstones then you know there's a lot of traffic in that spot. As for specifics I'm not sure, but the forest and the burg are always hot spots.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:32 am

hey its andres wrote:Use soapstones as a guide. If you see a place with a lot of soapstones then you know there's a lot of traffic in that spot. As for specifics I'm not sure, but the forest and the burg are always hot spots.
    Thought I would give you a + for your logic Best place to gravelord? (most population) 3149687655I find the Burg SL1-30 is active with clean invasions most times.Then the parish SL30-50 is also good.Depths SL50-60 Anor Londo SL60+.When a few of us Gravelords from here held the DkS Mass of this dark land I (we) found traffic in thoes areas.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Undead Burg for level 20~ is pretty good. Anor Londo for level 40~ is pretty good too. I'd say those would be the two best spots.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:51 pm

Just out of curiosity, if you are gravelording in the forest and get invaded by the forest covenant (or darkmoon for the matter) will you get an eye of death?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:06 am

no, you only get an eye if they invade through your sign.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 am

I was gravlording all day yesterday sl70 thru to sl90 I have no sin, I want eyes, tried every where I could, Dukes is ok mostly reds, township the same, Royal wood no takers, the best place was the good ole burg, never lets me down, I had a queue at one point, 3 sovs all with eyes 2 waiting patiently for their turn. Gonna try again tonight hopefully be up to 99 then happy
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:32 pm

The Burg is good spot to gravelord and red invasions in general - so you will probably get SoVs also. The bonfire right outside the A. Gate in Darkroot is also a good place I think at all SLs. That location is good since you have gankers heading into the forest to ply their trade, FHs waiting to invade (why hunters invade from that location is beyond me unless they are also hosting) and reds trying to interdict players entering/exiting the forest. My tactic is to clear out the closest stone giant to the entrance of the moonlight butterfly area and fight the invader in there. There are two reasons to do this - a lot of space to fight and if you kill the invader (specifically reds) and they are cursed resulting in BPs - they now have to fight the BPs to get their body back. I have received a few hatemails from reds when they realize they can't easily retrieve their humanity/souls due to stone giant BPs rolling out the welcome matt for them.

The O. township is also very good - I immediately get a fog gate as soon as I appear at the bonfire.

I gravelord and get invaded by SoVs pretty much everywhere - just keep changing locations if any one spot is inactive. The presence of souls signs and player's ghost images are a good indicator of the traffic in a specific area.

Good luck!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

I've tried some gravelording, but felt like I was wasting a lot of EoD's. It was always red DW's invading, and very rarely a SoV. It's my understanding that gravelording is meant for higher levels on NG+ and up (someone posted vids in one of my threads asking about gravelording).
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:10 pm

I would like to be cursed by a Gravelord... I feel like I don't see Gravelord signs very often at all though- I would love to give them the opportunity to get an Eye from me... where should I go if I want to be summoned by a Gravelord's sign?
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:54 pm

wolfboy wrote:I would like to be cursed by a Gravelord... I feel like I don't see Gravelord signs very often at all though- I would love to give them the opportunity to get an Eye from me... where should I go if I want to be summoned by a Gravelord's sign?

As people have stated on here the Burg is your best bet to find a Gravelord sign.
    If and when you see one just go about it as if you were going to summon a phantom,it will then take you to there domain where you will be greeted by the host.

As to being infected by a Gravelord I believe only two people can be infected in there domain by one Gravelord in that area? although I may be wrong.
    I think it is more luck then anything else in being infected.
    Out of my 700+hrs of this game I have only been infected once,I was using my SL349 NG+5 charector.
    I had died in the lower part of the Burg by the hollow thief`s,as I went back to retrieve my souls I was jumped by Black Hollow thief phantoms.
    I did mange to vid this and I did have it up on UTube for a time although I deleted it for some stupid reason.
    All I can say is they hit hard.....dam hard....one hit and half my health was gone :affraid:.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Yay! I have BPs in my Anor Londo!!!!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:09 pm

wolfboy wrote:Yay! I have BPs in my Anor Londo!!!!

If you can, record them. Black Phantom live footage is great for the wiki.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:26 am