Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
vixder/pennywise
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
FruitPunchNinja
RePaused
Baal-Avatar
ComaPrison
Maneater_Mildred
Onion Knight
The Once-Ler
Sentiel
Ghadis_God
densetsushun
BLA1NE
ublug
WyrmHero
Emergence
RANT
21 posters

Official Ni No Kuni Thread

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Official Ni No Kuni Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Ni No Kuni Thread

Post by RANT Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:Traded bl2! sad
    Not worth keeping it if you don't play I guess.

21 toons so far and still not bored.

yeah, got bored after about 6 weeks, too bad i really liked it but i lost interest in it all of a sudden. when is it coming out in the uk?
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am

I have been playing this as well and it is great! I am only a few hours in, but the opening build up is humble and sad. The battle system is fun.

Rant: I will have to remember to click everywhere to find the hidden areas.

Oh and hello Mil!
    RePaused
    RePaused
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RePaused Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Seems a bit too cartoony for my taste.. I like games with semi-realistic graphics and fast paced game play, unlike ff or pokemon turn based things.. :o
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 pm

ten hours into the game, i can capture familiars now which is a real pain in the ***, been farming for one particular one that looks awesome and i realy want for about an hour and nothing. i hate how random it is to capture one and the capture rate is so damn low gaaaahhhhh. anyway, its pretty awesome.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:20 am

Rant, I am a little surprised how complicated the battle system can feel at times. Still, I am digging the game.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:11 am

right? in the beginning its al button mashing but after the trial and once you get all youre main items it gets really awesome and little complicated, the weaknesses and strengths of your familiars start to matter and you really need a balanced team and different element reserves just in case you run into different elements than the ones you expected. if youre like me and youre doing the errands and bounties make sure you buy a flint dagger when you get to al mamoon, it'll save you a little walk.
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:53 pm

I have been so damn busy that I haven't even gotten out of the intro phase yet. I hope to rectify that this weekend. My free time has been in short stints only so I have been playing the beginning of BG: EE since I can play 10 min here or there and my ipad is portable.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:17 pm

30 hours into the game and i love it, definitely one of the best rpg's ive played in years, best ive played since ff9 actually. so many camoes from other games or anime, so far i got clankety(clank from ratchet and clank), Tin Man(boss borot from mazinger z which no one you probably know but i grew up watching it) Toko(Totoro from my neighbor Totoro) Plesy(from monster hunter) porco rosso(movie porco rosso) and other moster that are similar to the dragon quest games or ghibli's movies.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 pm

@baal i didnt wanna post this on the event thread, the battle system is what i like the most, i like how you really need to prepare for bosses, like what familiars to use and wha kind of strategy too, love how you have to defend when you see they're about to cast one of those spells that will sometimes kil you if you dont watch your vit. i miss it now since i was farming for a toko(totoro) and im overleveled now, hes so damn hard to capture and he gives ove 2k xp which of course leveled up my familliars so damn fast, evey time i killed one all my familiars level went up by about 4 lol.

also look out for little big horn, he looks awesome and it's kinda like the havel of ni no kuni. get a skeleton dude too, also naiad, monolith and plessy are pretty awesome. make sure you have the right familiars for the right guys, they get a boost if they get better with their master, when you go to the familiar screen press square and it tells you.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:37 am

RantFromRant wrote:@baal i didnt wanna post this on the event thread, the battle system is what i like the most, i like how you really need to prepare for bosses, like what familiars to use and wha kind of strategy too, love how you have to defend when you see they're about to cast one of those spells that will sometimes kil you if you dont watch your vit. i miss it now since i was farming for a toko(totoro) and im overleveled now, hes so damn hard to capture and he gives ove 2k xp which of course leveled up my familliars so damn fast, evey time i killed one all my familiars level went up by about 4 lol.

also look out for little big horn, he looks awesome and it's kinda like the havel of ni no kuni. get a skeleton dude too, also naiad, monolith and plessy are pretty awesome. make sure you have the right familiars for the right guys, they get a boost if they get better with their master, when you go to the familiar screen press square and it tells you.

Played more tonight and I am digging the story. When do I get to start "capturing" new familiars? I just made it to the town in the desert. I have been using Mity still for almost all battles.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:40 am

mitey is good in the begining but around mid game its not the best. you can start capturing familiars right after the desert town, there's a trial you have to do.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Can't wait to get my tax refund so i have some extra spending cash to grab this game. It looks great, and i loved the demo. I've been busy as hell trying to find work, and get a more steady job.

Looks like i will need the money for more then bills though. So many games have me pretty excited. I am VERY tempted to buy a Wii U now with the announcement of Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, I also really want a 3ds...With the new Fire Emblem and then SMT4 coming soon with some other promising lookings rpgs too. I can't afford all this :x
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Rant:
    Last question. I have filled a couple of the cards for doing quests but I am not sure what to trade them in for. Are there any skills that you found more useful than others. As an example, the description for jump said it was not useful, but I am assuming there might be a use for it. Thoughts?

FruitPunch:
    I did not realize there was a SMT/Fire Emblem game coming for the Wii U. That may make me buy one as well.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:19 pm

@FPN that sucks man, ni no kuni is so good that even my wife got into it and has been playing it, she hasnt played a game since the original sonic but she used to watch pokemon and she likes how ni no kuni is kinda like pokemon.

@Baal go with the one that lets you run in the world map, its so useful. jumping does nothing that i know of, its just for fun i went with running and jump first since the others arent as good as those.
    so far the only thing i really dislike about the game is how it holds your hand too much, like drippy always tell you which spell to use when you're trying to advance on the storyline or an errand.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:52 pm

So Rant, is the way you capture familiars is to just fight them and hope the hearts show up over their heads or am I missing something? i have been fighting a ton of the banana and purple turban guys but I am not getting any hearts. I am just killing them. Thoughts?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:01 am

yes, it's random and the % of capturing one rages from 1.6 to 8%, just keep trying and when you see the hearts switch to the girl to serenade them(you did pass the trial and got the harp right? just making sure) it can get annoying and the most of the ones that are good have the lowest capture rate, all yoiu gotta do is keep fighting them. turbandit is awesome btw, love the little guy.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:33 am

Thanks. Yes I passed the trials and got the harp. I have been out capturing all night. It is a bit addictive. lol.

Wow. I made my first bridge in the first area of the game. I crossed the bridge and got destroyed. I am assuming that is for much later in the game.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:18 am

lol you in old smoky? after the trials its when it really starts getting good, some mosters can kick your *** so fast, specialy the ones on the desert mountains because theyre usually the evolved versions of the mosters you've fought so far. also, spend your money as soon as you get to a new town, buy new armor and weapons since from my experience weapons and armor affect your monsters attack and defence more than actually leveling up(except for magic of course), i have been taking my time to leveling and maxing my familiars. i dont evolve them right away, i wait until they hit their limit and then evolve them to their second stage and i do the same thing until they get to the last one but that's just me, they do end up stronger that way but it's not needed unless you're gonna do some sidequests.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:07 pm

So, have you beat the game yet Rant?

I just got the ship and started sailing. I wish I had more time to play. I have been enjoying it.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:15 pm

uum i got the game recently, and am supposed to go to the volcano... b4 that though i'd like to find some of the evolution treats cause i wanna go get certain familiars and their evolved forms... any idea where i get them? the shops i can find don't seem to sell them...
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:26 pm

treats are sold in the shops where you buy coffee or sandwiches and tuff like that. the star tells you where to go(which is the only thing i hate about ni no kuni, it holds your hand too much and i love figuring things out by myself.) btw the treats dont really add much but they do help though, there will be a point in which they stop gaining xp from them in all areas(attack, def etc). if you wannna max them out which i really recommend then go for turbandit, its the first one of the best familiars you will find, little big horn is really good too, one of the third evolutions is a healer( a tank that heals, kinda like havel)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 pm

Baal-Avatar wrote:So, have you beat the game yet Rant?

I just got the ship and started sailing. I wish I had more time to play. I have been enjoying it.

glad you're enjoying it. i have not beaten the game, i was gonna do a 100% game but i decided i will do it on my second plathrough, i just settled on my whole team and i will be advancing the story and beat the game then start a new one where i do EVERYTHING.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 am

RantFromRant wrote:
    Baal-Avatar wrote:So, have you beat the game yet Rant?

glad you're enjoying it. i have not beaten the game, i was gonna do a 100% game but i decided i will do it on my second plathrough, i just settled on my whole team and i will be advancing the story and beat the game then start a new one where i do EVERYTHING.

Do you get to keep your team in NG+?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

im not sure, i dont think so, i read a little about how there's no ng+ and people didnt like that. i personally dont mind, i'd rather start a new game and have it be more challenging since ng+ is usuallly easy because you're maxed out, kinda like dks.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 am

ok i've nearly made it off the first continent but im trying to finish up all the side quests i can b4 i go... and im stumped on one about finding pigeons.... i've found 2 in almamoon and the third is supposed to be there too but i can't find it anywhere.... arg...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:22 pm