Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Revoltage
RANT
PlasticandRage
WyrmHero
Icegodzilla
9 posters

ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not

Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not Empty ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 am

usually i bow before ever fight i have online, but in the last 5 fights I was attacked mid bow or right after my bow was done. So should i stop bowing to people or should i keep bowing before every fight and ignore those instances
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not Empty Re: ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not

Post by WyrmHero Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:33 am

Bow only if they bow back, especially if you're invading in random areas. If you're invading in a PvP dueling area like the Burg, Kiln or moonpit then you can bow "safely" but always watch out
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not Empty Re: ok are you supposed to bow before a fight or not

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:37 am

If I bow usually I do it from far enough away that there's no chance that can happen. If you enter a battle where they're already too close to you to do that and they attack you right off the bat then there's really no need to show them the honor they didn't show you.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:43 am

yeah i usually try to make sure there is enough space, but this one dude sprinted at at imedditly attacked. I was like what i said in my head
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:15 am

always do it from afar since you never know what the hell theyre gonna do. if they bow first bow right away just in case theyre luring you to bow and bs you but make sure youre far from then even then.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:08 am

You might already know this but the proper bow Proper Bow takes less time to execute compared to the normal bow Bow . At least it would give your opponent a smaller window of time to attack you.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:11 am

really i never knew that, gonna start doing that one instead.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Bow from further away, if they are attacking you mid bow you are either bowing too close or while they are strafing/looking for an attack.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:41 am

I used to get the player's who'd bow then rush bs a lot so now whenever I face someone I open the gesture menu and hit bow the second they do unless I feel I have plenty of time. I'm definitely switching proper to my default bow now great tip Revoltage.

Also if you don't feel like bowing feel free not to, I think the majority of the community feels like they have to bow but it really should only be a greeting and a sign you intend to fight honorably.

Just don't bow and play cheep, play cheep and bow properly after. No serious player would look down on it.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:35 am

AzureCrow wrote:
    a sign you intend to fight honorably.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I try to do it when I can, but if somebodies running right in and looking for the attack, clearly they aren't going to, so why should I? I also rarely invade. I generally just play human more. So if I'm being attacked dishonorably in my own world, I see no need to be nice about defending myself.

Or duel. But if I'm dueling I pretty much expect both a bow and a degree of honorable fighting. Mostly because I'm usually dueling with people I know.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:42 am

I throw down "Hello" stones.
    I never bow anymore.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:46 pm

After playing in the arena whenever someone pulls a sound stone I try to slaughter them in every way possible... I made a practice of Murakumo'in players who dropped the "I'm sorry" directly into my pursuers then throwing a CSS down their throat.

Don't get me wrong they're a cool idea but what we really needed was a "I'm not".
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:00 pm

If I see the person start strafing, which is my sign that come at me like you would as an invader, then I may wait to see what they do.

Perhaps I ought to take my honorable fights to the arena.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:09 pm

Good luck I've yet to see honorable players there, the win streak was a terrible idea, K/D would have been much better. Try putting a Red Soap down in the burg or even Oolacile just before the first shortcut to the abyss, saw a lot of pro build phantoms there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:27 pm