Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts? Empty Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts?

Post by Odinbear Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:22 pm

Can FALL CONTROL be used to drop down an elevated shaft on top of a phantom or host.? Swear it just happened to the host in Oocalile Township . He was standing on the elevator, red phantom way above. Looked like the red phantom just did a drop attack on him. One shot, dead.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts? Empty Re: Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts?

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 pm

I dunno, Fall Control is a useful spell but it's kind of picky about when it will work.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts? Empty Re: Fall control drop attacks in elevator shafts?

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:53 pm

I wouldn't of thought so, because the animation changes to the death drop sequence after the character has travelled a certain difference. I've got the spell in my inventory on a character in the area, and so I'll do some testing tonight if I can pull myself away from PvPing in AL.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 am

So , is it possible to do a drop attack when elevator is all the way down? Seems to far to fall.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:43 am

It probably depends on the elevator shaft. Some are shorter than others, and I've found in my own experiences with Fall Control that even if the distance is short, if you're falling between areas you'll die. This applies to areas that are rendered as being separate as well. I'm not sure how to be more clear than that than to give an example. I've fallen pretty long distances with it before and survived, but I tried to drop from the upper level of the Royal Woods down to the area where Chester and the Arty fog gate are, and even though I've survived longer drops before, I died because they're rendered as separate. Know what I mean? So I'd think if you're trying to drop down a shaft that's between areas like that, say the elevator that goes down from DR Basin to the Valley of the Drakes, I'd think you'd die, but I'm willing to bet if you tried it on an elevator like the shortcut elevator in New Londo that leads from that initial area with the multi-ghost ambush and the large room with the 3 DW's, I bet you'd survive.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I know that in the chamber of the princess elevators you can survive the fall even if they are all they way down, but since you have to kill the boss to get there I am not sure how relevant that is. As far as I have seen fall control will nullify all fall damage unless a fall would be automatically lethal. Have not tested many other shafts though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:10 pm