Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
OrnsteinBro
callipygias
Forum Pirate
Xero
dualcross
Uparkaam
Rudmed
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
TheMeInTeam
FruitPunchNinja
skarekrow13
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ghadis_God
GkMrBane
Lord of Ash
FinPeku
Tolvo
OmniBot
GrinTwist
Glutebrah
Back Lot Basher
25 posters

Why don't the Forest Hunters wait for help when invading?

Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Why don't the Forest Hunters wait for help when invading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why don't the Forest Hunters wait for help when invading?

Post by Rudmed Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    Back Lot Basher wrote:Wow, I had no idea that you could be a member of the FH, but still get invaded by FH members when in the forest. Doesn't this kind of run counter to the idea of brotherhood within a covenant? Or ar you talking about being invaded by Darkwraiths, etc?

Forest hunters can invade forest hunters. I doubt fromsoft thought about lore when making that decision.

Although, Alvina does say: "Dare'st not in any attempt to double-cross. Have no doubt, such wretchedness, never will we tolarate". So FH gankers and questers could just be traitors from lore perspective happy

Hold on...I'm a FH and I have yet to be invaded by a fellow FH. Are we postive on this fact?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Why don't the Forest Hunters wait for help when invading? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why don't the Forest Hunters wait for help when invading?

Post by Tolvo Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm

100% Rudmed it is confirmed. By the way when you spawn in a person's world your health bar appears to them, and theirs to you for a second. So if you spin the camera when you spawn you can often know where they are, as they can also know where you are.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:12 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Are you using grass crest/green blossoms,wolf ring, ext. Even with fog ring on they are able to see the aura around you.

None of that, just RoFAP. Does that emit an aura? It's not apparent to me that it is on my own character, but maybe it does.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:13 am

TheMeInTeam wrote:
    FruitPunchNinja wrote:Are you using grass crest/green blossoms,wolf ring, ext. Even with fog ring on they are able to see the aura around you.

None of that, just RoFAP. Does that emit an aura? It's not apparent to me that it is on my own character, but maybe it does.

RoFaP doesn't emit any kind of aura.
    dualcross

Post by dualcross Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:41 pm

I actually solo host frequently on the PC and the forest invaders often actually run away and wait for back up. Which is fine with me but it can boring while I wait =[.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Forest Hunters on the PC are crazy. Lately they have just been walking off cliffs for no reason. Maybe i need to stop wearing the big hat it seems like its scaring them.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:12 pm

I can't speek for anyone else, but I fight solo. If a blue shows to help I won't stop fighting, but I'm not relying on the help of others to win fights, even if the gankes do. if they're a red I'm killing them too
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:26 pm

I'll never 2 v 1 unless it's PvE co-op.

I got summoned yesterday into dark Anor Londo. Normally I bow and crystal out, but I was bored so I followed the host. When a blue attacked him I watched, and I was really glad I stuck around when another blue ran at him. I took the extra blue and it was a fair fight once again.

Now I'm not sure if I'll continue to crystal out in that situation or stick around. Hard to tell if I've been summoned by a ganker or just a PvPer who wants to protect himself from invankers.
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:28 am

OmniBot wrote:The host can only summon one phantom when they're in the forest and not part of the forest hunters.

That's inaccurate. I've invaded several hosts who've had two summons with them in the forest.

Anyway, the main reasons are probably

1) the blues get impatient. Honestly, who wants to wait 20+ minutes to increase the chance of a victory that may not happen, especially if you consider that most people who complain about getting ganked are new and have little experience with fighting?

2) the host and their phantom(s) rush you down. Probably the most common factor; they're usually camping near spawn points. New players will either be caught by lagstabs, or will not move quickly enough to escape.

3) the host and phantoms sit at the spawn spot, cast TWOP and then WOTG/dead angle stunlock/backstab/combine all 3 to kill you. It's not a fight, it's a slaughter, lol.
    martyrsbrigade99
    martyrsbrigade99
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by martyrsbrigade99 Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:50 pm

Because they are bankrupt of balls. You'll never get better at 2v1 situations unless you engage in them.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:34 am

Back Lot Basher wrote:I've read all the stories about people getting ganked in the Forest. I was just curious, why is it people don't just run, hide, or wait until a second invader joins the fray to even things up?
    From my experience, some people do wait for another invader and try to hide among trees, or NPCs in the meanwhile. I usually wait for invaders near Alvina, where the NPC Bandit is and sometimes i get invaded and nothing happens. So i wait and wait and when there's a second invader, suddenly there's two blue phantoms coming at me.

On other hand...it can happen that you will get invaded by a Forestbro and Darkwraith which can damage each other and they start fighting and ignore you...for some reason.

Tolvo wrote:Another tactic they use is to summon two Red's, so that they don't have to worry about even the Trees. The two phantoms can just go out and gang up on the invader.
    I've only experienced one Red, but i have yet to meet someone clever enough to realize they can hurt each other, which they forget, or ignore and start spamming AoEs, like WoG etc.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I don't wait it out, but I survey the area to see where things are. I do a quick 360 pan (sometimes I'll see the host's and phantom's health bar to show me where they are). I'll look for enemies (trees especially). I'll look for the host taking damage (so another catbro is there or the host is trying to kill the enemies there). If I see he is taking damage, I'll rush in. If I don't, then I'll slowly wander over to the most likely spots. Sometimes this gives me time for another catbro to invade.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:05 am

I always wait for another forest hunter.
    I'm often sniping at them with Ghoms Greatbow, so that they waste flasks healing, and I just find it so funny to waste their time and energy.
    Then a phantom shows up and we wipe the floors with them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 pm