Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Gazman0169
AnastaciaAstora
6 posters

Annoying patch details

AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Annoying patch details Empty Annoying patch details

Post by AnastaciaAstora Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:27 am

I don't know if anyone has noticed this already, but if you die, then an invader/mob dies, you'll no longer get the souls for it before you go back to your world.

I noticed this when someone beat O&Smoe just after I died and I got nothing, and it's been happening ever since. Also, if the summoner dies, I can't use any commands apart from move, so when I'd usually do the shield shuffle til I despawn for the amusement of the opposition, I now just stand there and wait.

Have any more annoying bits come up that I haven't seen yet?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Annoying patch details Empty Re: Annoying patch details

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:34 am

I still get the souls. It may be that they've tweeked it a bit so that the window of opportunity is smaller, but I've not noticed it myself personally.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 am

I've gotten the souls too. I had Manus down to almost 0 health. He killed me. As I was doing the dying animation, my coop phantom spammed R1 and killed him. I got the soul just before it blacked out.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:16 am

Aw man, what's going on? Am I being punished for killing Laurentius? I didn't want to do it, he went hollow on me. sad

I'll keep watching out to see if I pick anything up next time. ._. Hopefully it's just a rough patch.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

I think the window is smaller, died at the very end of the Artorias fight, got nuttin. Seems like I've gotten a Win/souls before with just about the same amount of time til I'm heading for my respawn.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:26 pm

AnastaciaAstora wrote:I don't know if anyone has noticed this already, but if you die, then an invader/mob dies, you'll no longer get the souls for it before you go back to your world.

I noticed this when someone beat O&Smoe just after I died and I got nothing, and it's been happening ever since. Also, if the summoner dies, I can't use any commands apart from move, so when I'd usually do the shield shuffle til I despawn for the amusement of the opposition, I now just stand there and wait.

Have any more annoying bits come up that I haven't seen yet?

While fighting the Iron Golem I died right before Tarkus got the last hit in and I got the souls, humanity, and was sent back as a successful mission. That was about an hour ago.

I've also never been able to do anything except move after the summoner died.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

The "window" to do animations, gestures, and get souls i'm pretty sure (opinion, no proof) has to do with lag. Just like lag stabs. Or missing a target outright even though you saw the hit. The window varies, if it even exists at all. It may be that we are not supposed to get souls after death. But the lag/latency issue causes it to trigger anyway. I'll go play around in boletaria and see if the same thing happens. I doubt it.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 pm

passivefamiliar wrote:The "window" to do animations, gestures, and get souls i'm pretty sure (opinion, no proof) has to do with lag. Just like lag stabs. Or missing a target outright even though you saw the hit. The window varies, if it even exists at all. It may be that we are not supposed to get souls after death. But the lag/latency issue causes it to trigger anyway. I'll go play around in boletaria and see if the same thing happens. I doubt it.

Why would you doubt it? Dedicated servers don't remove lag

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 am