Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sargerus
eminusx
Encore
Juutas
8 posters

( new details) Vengeful enemies?

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

( new details) Vengeful enemies? Empty ( new details) Vengeful enemies?

Post by Juutas Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:27 pm

http://www.examiner.com/article/dark-souls-2-ps3-and-xbox-360-vengeful-enemy-details-revealed

This just caught my eye, I'm just wondering how these enemys are going to be vengeful to you? free roarm enemys perhaps? or is this just the same as the creature behind the wall in the tech demo? speculate.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

( new details) Vengeful enemies? Empty Re: ( new details) Vengeful enemies?

Post by Encore Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Perhaps like this: You go up to a docile enemy. You see a loot figure around something akin to roots. After smashing down the roots it cuts to a cutscene and shows an enemy shattering, spreading out over the world and then it will try to get revenge.

Perhaps there is a level where you need to flee from a strong enemy that continues to haunt you until you decide to defeat it.

A last suggestion: What if there is a rival that acts the friend, and throughout the game you "Betray him", and half ways through he begins to hurt you over and over (Think Patches style) and it will not stop unless you decide to finish him off.

Edit: It could also be the before mentioned silver chariot
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:44 pm

it sounds like you cant just run away from certain enemies. If youre farming for souls and leg it past a dozen enemies, then some of them will continue to follow you wherever you go until they catch you and kill you. . . .

which sounds really cool actually as there are loads of times in DS where you can just run past enemies and not really have to fight, the dung blokes on your way down to blighttown are too easy to run and roll past, having them follow you builds the tension and forces you to confront the situation head on instead of waving the white flag. Its gonna make farming a different beast for sure.

sounds like a good addition to me, especially if youre being followed by something really intimidating!
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:03 pm

So now enemies pursue you forever until you kill them or vice-versa?

I LIKE IT Hurrah
    Buttcheekofdeth

Post by Buttcheekofdeth Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:36 am

Don't get excited guys, that website is a piece of ****.

They post month old news and pretend it is new so that you click it and get bombarded by 7,000 ads. It is referring to the gameplay demo when the presenter said that enemies will now break through walls to get to you and be more persistent.

There is absolutely nothing new here, and you should never go to that website again.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:38 pm

I really like this idea, but I wonder how the actually will implement it, I still think it will be a special kind of enemy.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:48 pm

it could be every enemy will pursue you, that would only make someone a better player really, more practice fighting instead of running away. .

making it more accessible as you've learnt how to play. . .
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:52 pm

What I can tell from this information, is that enemies won't forgive you over time. If you do anything to provoke them, like damage them or possibly those around them, they will do what ever it takes to kill you. They will hunt you down, if you are trying to show mercy on them by fleeing the scene.
    I assume other things will provoke certain enemies too, like picking up a specific loot, similar to Ceaseless Discharge. Or trespassing restricted areas. ETC.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Sounds to me like it's just an enemy without a maximum aggro range. If you run far enough away from, say, Hollow Soldiers or Skeletons they eventually give up. But with these guys it sounds like you aren't getting away without leaving the entire zone. Probably as an "anti-rush-past-everything-without-fighting-anything" measure.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:18 pm

They task me. They task me and I shall have them! I'll chase him 'round the fire lizards down below and 'round the drakes circling above and 'round the dead of Lordran before I give him up!

I wouldn't mind it actually, as long as they're the stronger enemies that you encounter in the map like Havel or the Berenike Knight from the Parish I wouldn't mind enemies that would chase me with a vengeance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:26 am