Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread)

AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread) Empty Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread)

Post by AnastaciaAstora Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Sorry for the topic spam today. Been playing all day and have a lot of snags to iron out.

Here's my current build:
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=423580057601781074
    (Dingy set is +9. Also yellow hair/eyes. I'm playing Ash Maiden.) Sword is currently +10 but there wasn't an option for that.

And here's my problem: I SUCK. Everything is murdering me, I'm having trouble surviving a single silver knight. Is there anything I can do to rescue this character without losing the ability to pvp?

With this character I'm trying to get up a decent amount of faith, dex is a backup stat because as we know, casting isn't always the answer. I love bleed weapons, but I wish I could make them do more.
    What should I develop the sword into?
    Thanks in advance. ._. Sun

Last edited by AnastaciaAstora on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread) Empty Re: Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread)

Post by XachAttack Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:10 pm

You could definently invest in more Vitality. I wouldn't say you suck, just that you have too little health to survive anything. 30 or 31 should be enough to get you through regular NG.

As for developing the sword, +15 is usually the best way to go because the damage isn't being lowered by a second defense.

I can't really give any advice for the pvp part, sorry.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread) Empty Re: Help me stop sucking? (Build help thread)

Post by AnastaciaAstora Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:14 pm

Editted link, I started thief not warrior.

Do you really think it's just health? Is resistance worth adding to?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Having more health would definently help alot, yes.

No, never put any points into resistance, it's not worth it in the long run.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Try the wolf ring instead of ring of steel protection. It helps in both PvE and PvP. Suddenly that silver knight can't stunlock you, but you can roll away to safety and heal.

The problem with barbed straight sword at lower soul levels is the scaling. It has D scaling with str and C with dex, so to deal good damage you will have to split your points in too many stats. Bleed is at it's best with very fast weapons. Like painting guardian sword, gold tracer and katanas. If you can get those, try the movesets before wasting your upgrade materials and choose the one you like most and upgrade it all the way to +15.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I didn't think about my zero poise - I haven't got wolf ring just yet as I keep putting it off. Getting through the forest is a pain in the arse at the best of times, let alone if you want someone to give you a hand.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:55 pm

Hmm... You know the ring is in the moonlight butterfly forest, and not in sif's forest? You will only need to fight few tree enemies to get there. There will also be one stone knight, but it gets up so slowly that you can just run past it.
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 pm

FinPeku wrote:Hmm... You know the ring is in the moonlight butterfly forest, and not in sif's forest? You will only need to fight few tree enemies to get there. There will also be one stone knight, but it gets up so slowly that you can just run past it.

HAHAHAHA, I'M SO STUPID

I did know that, I promise. It's a different thing I'm thinking of, the thing behind artorias' grave in the sif arena. Oh my sweet lord I can't believe I did that.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:01 pm

Be warned though, if you can poise through one hit with the wolf ring, a second hit will stun you if it comes soon enough.

Poise only helps you take 1 hit, unless the time between the hits is a few seconds.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm

AnastaciaAstora wrote:HAHAHAHA, I'M SO STUPID

I did know that, I promise. It's a different thing I'm thinking of, the thing behind artorias' grave in the sif arena. Oh my sweet lord I can't believe I did that.

Yeah, the hornet ring is there. Don't worry, that happens to all of us. So many items and stuff to remember in this game. But anyway, try the wolf ring! happy

XachAttack wrote:Be warned though, if you can poise through one hit with the wolf ring, a second hit will stun you if it comes soon enough.

Poise only helps you take 1 hit, unless the time between the hits is a few seconds.
    Yep, that's a good tip. Poise helps, but you shouldn't rely on it.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:05 pm

You don't have to go into the annoying part of the forest to get the Wolf Ring, you only have to kill a couple of stone knights, some ents, and frogs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 am