Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Tomhet
Mr. Pancake
Tolvo
Isirith
Lord of Ash
Odinbear
FruitPunchNinja
steveswede
LoreFF
aceluby
Bcc17
DMC
WandererReece
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Buggy Virus
fujiphoenix
Walter_White
Juutas
Emergence
Knight Alundil
24 posters

BB glitch aftermath

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

BB glitch aftermath Empty BB glitch aftermath

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:24 pm

I hope there are people out there that realize there are people who go to the effort of getting gear at low levels. It does actually happen sometimes.

When the BB glitch was about everyone people came across with good gear at low levels got branded a "BB glitcher". Now that the BB glitch has been patched out i'm still seeing people use this against people; calling them "Ex-BB glitchers".

Seriously can we just drop it? If someone wants to get high end gear at low levels, for whatever purpose, the BB glitch has never been the only way to get it.

It's like the dragonhead glitch. Thanks to the reputation that got invaders who use dragonform most of the time someone see's a dragonhead/form player they instantly resort to chainstab/glitch tactics. This is starting to die out now, thank god.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

BB glitch aftermath Empty Re: BB glitch aftermath

Post by Emergence Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Patching out the BB glitch didn't patch out the countless builds out there. You can bet the lion's share of those out there with high lvl gear on low lvl toons are via the BB glitch.

Regardless, ill gotten goods or not, if you are trolling the Berg with end game gear on a starter toon, you're still trolling the Berg and you're griefing potential newcomers. If you're out there going after 4 Kings on a sl 5 with a maxed elemental then power to you.

The determining factor is context.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Yeh I accept that there's alot, and my main point is that i'm trying to speak out for a minority.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I want BB-glitch back... too many builds in my head I would want to try out, but I just don't want to spend s*itload of time to get my character ready and end up dissapointed in it.

If they could even make slabs and chunks buyable... BB glitch aftermath 1330857165
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Contact Lord of Ash man. He's taken over the trading community like a baws. I'm sure he'll trade you slabs for something!
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Seriously can we just drop it?

Well, what about dropping all the Items that has been aquired via BB-Glitch? Making them all vagrant item makes it a little bit more fair to new player.
    I am really p***ed off in the moment. Bought the PS3 Version (PTD) two weeks ago, because i met some cheater (one in a week. no damage trainer, all stats on 99 at a SL 120....) in the PC Version. I also met some low lvl chars in full Ornstein (he said he is NG+ with a SL around 20) on PC - so it's possible without BB Glitch.
    But i don't believe, that 100% of the PS3 player have done this, i only meet player with endcontent items on low lvl in the PS3 Version.
    When i say, that 90% are BB-Glitcher i think this is not enough, probably 95% or more have glitched themselve, or profit from other player who dropped the 99 Slab, or other endgame items.

And now try to imagine what a new player, who can't glitch (who don't want to glitch and won't profit from other player, cause bug is closed everyone will keep "his" items, cause you have to earn it now) feels like, when he gets invaded in Undead Burg from a guy in full Havel and a maxed elemetal weapon....

I bought the PS3 Version to get away from the PC cheater and now i have to play with 100% "cheater" (ok 90%)
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 pm

Walter_White wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Seriously can we just drop it?

Well, what about dropping all the Items that has been aquired via BB-Glitch? Making them all vagrant item makes it a little bit more fair to new player.

I 100% agree with this idea.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:41 pm

Walter_White wrote:And now try to imagine what a new player, who can't glitch (who don't want to glitch and won't profit from other player, cause bug is closed everyone will keep "his" items, cause you have to earn it now) feels like, when he gets invaded in Undead Burg from a guy in full Havel and a maxed elemetal weapon....(ok 90%)

Also I remember going through this myself man. I played pretty much at launch but there were still people with OP gear invading then. Trolls will be trolls!
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:27 pm

You guys do know that invading at a low level in the burg is a sure fire way to get your but handed to you by all the high level pvpers that hang out there. You'd get way more high level opponents than low level ones.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:31 pm

There's lots of things to do with a low level char apart from trolling/griefing. big grin
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 pm

I BB glitched all my open slots right before the patch fell. . .

Cause, making a dueling build in less than an hour is preferable to six.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:50 pm

its annoying running into a gold tracer at level 17 in the parish, luckily the griefers tend to be over confidant and can be dealt with if you survive the first exchange. like the guy in full giants i chain bs'ed with a +5 dagger till he ran away and brought out the pyro (which i've never done well against...) thing is only invaders can do the griefing thing now, hosts cannot have that level of equipment without clearing the areas where the griefers hang out thus there will be few anti griefers (you can still make a chaos weapon b4 the taurus demon but you have fewer options than the invaders.)
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Buggy Virus wrote:I BB glitched all my open slots right before the patch fell. . .

Cause, making a dueling build in less than an hour is preferable to six.

Oh you nasty, nasty man!

Nah but really bb glitchers don't even bother me. I'm just talking about the reputation low level people with high gear get. The ones that don't grief/troll. Man I have to say that in like every post but people still act like I didn't.

But yeh, it'll be a shame now if you get bored with one of those builds and want a new one winking
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:23 pm

At first I was glad when the BB glitched was patched, because I hated getting hit in the face by what I assume is a lightning +5 weapon in the Burg. Then I hated that the BB glitch was patched, because I still get hit in the face by a lightning +5 weapon in the Burg. The only difference is I can't start with anything that has a chance to defend me against the invaders.

Honestly I think From made a mistake by removing the glitch now. They should of removed it a long time ago. It may be gone, but its effects remain.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:16 am

Pretty much anyone can beat the game at SL 20 if they summon other players to help so it's not a big deal in my opinion. Okay it takes more time than the BB glitch but it's the same end result.

In fact once you get past the Burg (and you can join Way of White to avoid griefers there) you don't really get invaded at all because of your low level but you can still find summon signs. This makes the game arguable easier in some respects. In Dark Souls PvE your equipment is actually more important than your SL if you ask me.

I've a 20 level guy with maxed out gear that I specifically made for helping out guys in the early stages against the griefers with maxed out gear. It's all a bit of fun.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 am

DMC wrote:Pretty much anyone can beat the game at SL 20 if they summon other players to help so it's not a big deal in my opinion. Okay it takes more time than the BB glitch but it's the same end result.

It's about the journey man, not the destination.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 am

^ Yeah of course you're right lol

But my point is if someone's determined to make a low level guy with end game gear it's very doable even without the BB glitch.
    Bcc17
    Bcc17
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bcc17 Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:44 am

WALL OF TEXT big grin

DMC wrote:^ Yeah of course you're right lol

But my point is if someone's determined to make a low level guy with end game gear it's very doable even without the BB glitch.

Yeah I understand, you can beat the game naked with fists. Alas if someone kills the Four Kings at level 5 to be a Darkwraith, more power to you, I have no problem with low level invasions if that is the case. Nobody should be safe from invasions if you're human, and if you need to be grieved to figure that out, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Perfect example for working hard for power: My second character I made when the PC version came out was a DGM build. You had to start from scratch on PC because of the blank save/ no mule situation. So there was me, level 100 something chilling in the Painted World, DGM +15 in my hand, Guardian Head, Hands, and Legs, with Havel's Chestpiece. I can medium roll with that setup and usually 1/2 shot people. I got so much hatemail from invaders saying, "HAVELS MoM NOOB." I don't understand how the MoM looks like the Guardian Helmet but whatever. When someone invaded me, ran back to the hollows, buffed his estoc with Sunlight Blade, fished for backstabs, and killed me. I didn't get mad, he earned the right to do that by going through the game and getting the gear.

So my point is, if you work hard (don't glitch) for high end gear, you are entitled to do whatever you want with it.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:58 am

Lol. I think the term 'noob'gets thrown around way too much.

Yeah I'd tend to agree with that.

If I'm honest the low level invaders in the game just increase the tension for me when I'm around that SL and in those areas. Which is kind of the point of this game for me personally. Gets the adrenaline going like no other game.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:14 pm

So.... I never really understood the 'I need the BB glitch to make new chars' argument. There are basically 4 stats that distinguish builds, a very limited amount of combinations. If you have a high level character you should have the ability to 'test' an idea for a build before investing a whole lot of time... so yeah, never really understood that part.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:43 am

To me as a newbie its not about the BB glitch its about low level chars invading other low level chars with capped gear, thats the real problem.

If you use the BB glitch to fight high level chars with the same level gear well thats not a problem.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:29 am

LoreFF wrote:To me as a newbie its not about the BB glitch its about low level chars invading other low level chars with capped gear, thats the real problem.

But you can do that legit in the game plus as much as newbies moan about it you can always play offline or go hollow to avoid them. The whole point being connected to other worlds is that not only can you get help but you can be hunted down. It's a risk reward mode and to be bitter at people that invade with high level gear is to ignore the fact that you set yourself up for it. As Gough puts it.

"One's demise is always one's own making."
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

^ Exactly.

And no only that but you can stay human and join Way of White. I've often done it to avoid low level invaders and it really works.

If you summon you become open to invasion but if you wait until you get to the boss fog gate to summon that's not going to be a problem.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 am

people should get used to making a fire weapon real quick at the start of a playthrough, it is pretty easy. You just need a +5 weapon, and then theres a green shard right when you drop down to the blacksmith in the catacombs. It will only be a base level fire weapon so a high base damage weapon is best. Then you can upgrade it if you have master key by going to blighttown.

Takes like 10-15min tops.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:30 am

[quote="steveswede"]
    LoreFF wrote: The whole point being connected to other worlds is that not only can you get help but you can be hunted down. It's a risk reward mode and to be bitter at people that invade with high level gear is to ignore the fact that you set yourself up for it. As Gough puts it.

"One's demise is always one's own making."

It's a tough world in that Dark Souls universe. So me must deal with it or die. ...and die again.
    Prepare to die.

(or you can always fight, win, live to fight again.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:42 pm