Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
VinheimProfessor
Green__Eagle
SlakeMoth
callipygias
Gazman0169
Icegodzilla
AzureCrow
Revoltage
12 posters

Higher NGs Challenge

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Higher NGs Challenge - Page 2 Empty Re: Higher NGs Challenge

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 pm

I think the Calamity Ring is a halfway decent idea that ends up being pretty lousy in practice. When things get a little too hard people will take the ring off really quick, "...just to get through this area..." or something, and put it back on like nothing happened. Maybe it was meant as like a starter kit for challenges though, I don't know.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm

You should all look at Emarrel's low level playthrough. NG+7 at SL1, and he breezes through most of the bosses, although skipping most of the other mobs.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Emarrel
    Some people just can't get enough pain..
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:15 pm

Running through areas really defeats a big part of the 'challenge' of infinity challenges. I found some vids a while back where the guy made it a point to kill as many mobs as possible. Monster props to him. As tough as the 4 Kings are at NG++++++ at sl 1, getting through the ghosts and DWs is just as tough. Well, not quite, but still, brutal.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 pm

What does the Calamity Ring do 'cos I haven't got it yet.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

It increases the damage you take. Doubles it, or something. Similar to how Dusk's ring halves your hp, but without any apparent benefit.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 am

@Slake- Morning, as Callipygias says, it doubles the damage taken by all enemies in the game, not sure about Bosses though as I am yet to try it out on any of them, and so if you're looking for a bit of a challenge try taking on the 4-Kings in NG+ wearing this, Dusks ring, whilst being cursed!

If we co-op'd it I get the feeling you'd be like... :affraid:, whereas I'd be running off in the other direction! lol
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:32 am

My progress report: I'm NG++ and it was eaiser to dump everything this time (although it took me 18 minutes to dump everything).

If you enjoy PvE, this is the route to go. Battling the mob using a Battle Axe and a Heater Shield is ... frustrating. It's embarrasing if you get invaded. Here you are, SL 116 or so using base weapons and taking lots of damage because your armor is almost worthless. :-)

After I picked up the Claymore and won the Tower Shield, it was payback time in Undead Burg when I went back to the Black Knight to get my titanite Chunk! I guess next round I will run through the Graveyard and try to get the Zweihander first.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:30 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:@Slake- Morning, as Callipygias says, it doubles the damage taken by all enemies in the game, not sure about Bosses though as I am yet to try it out on any of them, and so if you're looking for a bit of a challenge try taking on the 4-Kings in NG+ wearing this, Dusks ring, whilst being cursed!

If we co-op'd it I get the feeling you'd be like... :affraid:, whereas I'd be running off in the other direction! lol

Evening Gas. If I've any choice in the matter, I wont be fighting the 4Kings ever again, even if I was equipped with a BFG. My blood pressure can't stand it.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:02 am

I have a SL 27 char that I like very much, I finished the entire game with it and I've been toying with the idea of taking him to NG+. The only thing that stops me is that I don't have any attunement slot, so without Power Within I don't think I'd be able to beat the Four Kings. Has anybody done that? Beat them at a relatively low SL without Power Within?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 am

Tomhet wrote:The only thing that stops me is that I don't have any attunement slot, so without Power Within I don't think I'd be able to beat the Four Kings. Has anybody done that? Beat them at a relatively low SL without Power Within?
    The red tearstone (hypermode) is what players use for low level four kings, since power within will run out long before the fight is over. You also need a shield that will take enough damage to put you back into hypermode after you heal and then block their magic attack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqwMSzUdgM
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:30 am

ublug wrote:The red tearstone (hypermode) is what players use for low level four kings, since power within will run out long before the fight is over. You also need a shield that will put you back into hypermode after you heal and then block their magic attack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByqwMSzUdgM
    I used power within when i defeated ng+ four kings with SL 1. I had two of them attuned and just cast it again mid fight. So it is possible to use power within strategy too if you have two attunement slots.

If you use the crest shield, you can block the aoe attack of four kings safely by getting behind them. It won't kill you even in very high ngs. Blocking it rather than rolling away saves time which is precius when fighting four kings at low levels. Also you don't have to worry about getting back to hyper mode when you heal. Those were the reasons i used power within instead of red tearstone.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:16 am

NG++++ now. The previous run through I did pick up the Zweihander and regreted it because it made the game too easy. I still remember how fun it was going back to the Undead Burg with vengence in my heart (THIS IS JUST A GAME!)

I found that it is better to empty your bottomless box before the Gwyn fight. After you win the final boss fight, dump all your gear in the Kiln. If you wait to dump your gear in the prison cell, the covenant rings will move to the chest behind Frampt. If you join the same covenant, you won't get the ring because it is in the chest.

Last night I had to fight Gwyn solo because, at soul level 152, I could not find any help. THAT was fun and I think I'm going to fight Gwyn solo from now on. The only boss I am unable to defeat solo are the Four Kings. But I may have to learn on this game. :-(

After doing this challenge I think I would feel like I was cheating if I kept anything from a previous game now. :-)

There is one aspect of the game flow that is starting to "irk" me. I'm beginning to hate giving the embers to these blacksmiths. They should buy them from me and the longer I withhold the ember from them, their price should rise (within reason). I want to see them grovel and beg! (this is just a game!)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:26 am