Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Marino.
GTP_Zodicus
Carphil
Isirith
Rynoa
vatar5
Conrack
passivefamiliar
Emergence
reim0027
AugustBlade
ublug
ChizFreak
TheBigLebowski
Back Lot Basher
ReapersHowl
retro
Shindori
Kerberos-013
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
XachAttack
aceluby
billy_bayonet
FruitPunchNinja
Green__Eagle
Automancer
tofucactaur
SlakeMoth
lorenzo110
Gazman0169
PlasticandRage
AHK-HK
Odinbear
37 posters

DLC corrupt?

Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

DLC corrupt? - Page 5 Empty Re: DLC corrupt?

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 am

When I went to fight Manus yesterday, the flickering started again.

It seems they are close to solving this problem for us; it just may take a little more tweaking.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:07 pm

could it somehow be that the flickering glitch is lessened for us in the regions that don't have the patch due to the number of other players who do have it? i don't understand how the online code affects the game, so for me anything is possible.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Im not noticing any difference at all. I just started the DLC area with a new toon and it started almost immediately. I played the Guardian battle without a hitch, then as soon as the bonfire in the sanctuary came into view my buffs started flickering.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:43 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:im playing in the DLC areas and it appears to be fixed, i didn't notice a patch but i also forgot to pay attention.

LOL EDIT: Wow, i have been in the DLC areas for like 15min with no problem. Literally RIGHT after i typed that it started acting up again -_-

Same thing happened to me yesterday, cept I didn't hit send on my post. Flickering started after 10min or so, so I erased the message.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:46 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:When I went to fight Manus yesterday, the flickering started again.

It seems they are close to solving this problem for us; it just may take a little more tweaking.

Fairly certain, it'll be fixed when you start the game and yer prompted to install a new update, 1.07. Don't believe they can install it w/Lo a prompt. ( all updates are done this way.)
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Well my DLC area is still broke as of last night. I'm in the US.
    ReapersHowl
    ReapersHowl

Post by ReapersHowl Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Is there any update on the DLC and or Patch 1.07?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 pm

maybe their adding features along with the fix for the next patch.... that would at least make me feel ok about waiting this long.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:43 am

I've moved on. I miss lordran. But can't stand it. I've started playing dungeon defenders in my spare time (don't judge me it was free with PS+ and it's addictive) and i picked up deus ex again, gotta finish that up. But when they fix the dlc. I'll jump back in and darkmoon all day.
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah I agree, I might have to try something else for while like Witcher or I was thinking about Dragon's Dogma.

I really want to Co-Op and PVP in the DLC areas, its the only thing I have left on my recent character, sucks :evil:
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 pm

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:maybe their adding features along with the fix for the next patch.... that would at least make me feel ok about waiting this long.

Being sarcastic.. Yea, like the resonance rings.. Hasn't those been an ongoing issue? I never ever saw them til 1.06 and then they broke.
    I think they're having trouble with that bug and this time it took out the graphics too. They' re working hard, I'm sure.
    Point Up
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

I also moved on, although if i feel like it i will duel in the burg or something. I am quite upset i spent 15 dollars for the DLC only to have it become a broken mess shortly after. I'm glad i at least got to co op it with a friend and experience everything in it first though.
    Skarectum
    Skarectum
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Skarectum Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:30 pm

I jumped into the DLC for the first time yesterday, Sanctuary Guardian fight was fine, but as soon as I got into the Royal Wood, I noticed my pyromancies were flickering, and then realised it was everything that seems to use particle effects - apologies if I've used the term in the wrong place there, I'm no expert.

I'm not too worried about it, I'm fairly sure the rest of the game's okay, it's just odd. I've got plenty left to do for the platinum anyway!
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:44 pm

I lend the game to a friend, hopefully he will finish it this time. At least I know that the game is broken right now, so I'm not losing too much besides PvE.
    xtal84
    xtal84
    Regular
    Regular

Post by xtal84 Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:45 pm

Has anyone heard anything about why/how this happened? I loaded up the game (PS3) last night for the first time in maybe 3 weeks, and like everyone is saying here, the weirdness in the DLC areas made the game unplayable, at least on an enjoyable level.

My PS3 is set to automatically download and install patches, so I don't know if I missed a version upgrade that botched all this, or did it just somehow deteriorate? (The latter makes no sense.) The first week I played the DLC it was fine.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:08 pm

xtal84 wrote:Has anyone heard anything about why/how this happened? I loaded up the game (PS3) last night for the first time in maybe 3 weeks, and like everyone is saying here, the weirdness in the DLC areas made the game unplayable, at least on an enjoyable level.

My PS3 is set to automatically download and install patches, so I don't know if I missed a version upgrade that botched all this, or did it just somehow deteriorate? (The latter makes no sense.) The first week I played the DLC it was fine.

i don't think anyone actually knows, i think there was a PSN update shortly after the DLC, maybe that may have something to do with it?
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:34 pm

No, its not related to any updates. It just randomly started happening a couple weeks after DLC release. And its only in the DLC area, its a really weird bug. I am a game developer myself and the fact that this bug started after a couple weeks is extremely strange.

Also creating a patch can take some time for developers, there is a whole approval process. And I think developers might have to pay for a patch after the 1st or 2nd patch, and this would be patch 3.

What I want to know is about this "supposed" patch that was released in Japan, it makes no sense that it would be out there and not in other regions.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Kerberos-013 wrote:No, its not related to any updates. It just randomly started happening a couple weeks after DLC release. And its only in the DLC area, its a really weird bug. I am a game developer myself and the fact that this bug started after a couple weeks is extremely strange.

Also creating a patch can take some time for developers, there is a whole approval process. And I think developers might have to pay for a patch after the 1st or 2nd patch, and this would be patch 3.

What I want to know is about this "supposed" patch that was released in Japan, it makes no sense that it would be out there and not in other regions.

has that patch been confirmed to actually exist? i saw a translated version of the patch notes, but i have my doubts.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:44 pm

I think the 1.07 patch was only for the japanese ps3 version, and it was supposed to fix the flickering. It looks like they use the japanese version for debugging, before releasing the patch worldwide.
    sjw999
    sjw999

DLC corrupt? - Page 5 Empty Me too

Post by sjw999 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:04 pm

I have just been in the dlc for about a week and noticed the blinking effects immediately. I can't see most summon signs but if I walk over them they work. A friend said his sign was down and I never saw it, got invaded, killed invader, started walking around before Artorius' door and saw a summon sign, walked around some more and there were a few and luckily I found my friends. This is at SL 245. It is hard to play with these effects happening but I have been invaded a few times, I have invaded a couple times as a DMB and been summoned so the game seems to be working, just the dlc graphics are messed up. Olacile Township didn't seem as bad with the blinking effects.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:44 pm

the flickering is becoming weaker for me, it happens less and it doesn't last long when it does happen, weird, i havent gotten any updates or anything... oh well just means my cyclops character can play through the dlc with out worry!
    ReapersHowl
    ReapersHowl

Post by ReapersHowl Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:44 pm

I played today and it prompted me to download Patch 1.07 and the flickering has stopped, though I was only in the DLC area for a short time so real confirmation is still needed.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:00 pm

Yeah, just to inform everyone: the Patch 1.07 has fixed the flickering problems.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:07 pm

I can confirm that the patch fixed the PS3 visual flickering glitch.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Nice. Good news.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 am