Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+33
Marino.
GTP_Zodicus
Carphil
Isirith
Rynoa
vatar5
Conrack
passivefamiliar
Emergence
reim0027
AugustBlade
ublug
ChizFreak
TheBigLebowski
Back Lot Basher
ReapersHowl
retro
Shindori
Kerberos-013
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
XachAttack
aceluby
billy_bayonet
FruitPunchNinja
Green__Eagle
Automancer
tofucactaur
SlakeMoth
lorenzo110
Gazman0169
PlasticandRage
AHK-HK
Odinbear
37 posters

DLC corrupt?

Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

DLC corrupt? Empty DLC corrupt?

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Listen to this.. Have 2 toons into the DLC. Today while playing one of them, I laid my WSS and it din't appear, the orange messages around me staring blinking on/ off and the bonfire's fire was blinking on and off, as was my cloranthy ring shine. Found out that my WSS was down too ( it also blinks). Got summoned in and my sunlight spears were invisible as were another phantom's pyrotechnics (but cause damage). So I quit, restart whole game same thing, I go to duels in arena and standing on platform glow blinks, orange messages blink and the fire on the sword is gone. Leave. Warp to fire link shrine, run around, it' s all fine there. I start another toon just arriving in Anor Londo and he's fine nothing blinks, lightning spears show & work. Hmmmm. So I cross my fingers as I start my 2 nd toon that has entered the DLC. And don't it suck, same thing there, makes it hard to see summon signs and is just plain annoying.

Anybody else see this and how would I go about REinstalling the DLC? I'm gonna try and get a 3rd toon in there to see if same thing happens. Seems like a virus or bug or something.'
    AHK-HK
    AHK-HK

DLC corrupt? Empty Re: DLC corrupt?

Post by AHK-HK Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:58 pm

It seems to be happening to everyone in the dlc area. Lots of people on gamefaqs are having the same problem.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm

What platform?
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:01 am

Ps3
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 am

That's weird. Mine's completely fine. When did you download it?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:06 am

Well so far, touch wood, I've not had the same experiences as you, and I'm also playing on the PS3, but I'm doing so from an extended edition disc, which may be the reason why.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:51 am

I am having the exact same thing happen as well. Seems to be dropping peer to peer connections so there are no invades or even access to arena fighting. The bon fires blink off and on. This just happened today. All other areas in the game are not effected by this. It is only in the new DLC. It was working fine without any problem what so ever when I downloaded it the day it came out. Now its not working. Not sure why. I have an older 80 gig ps3. All other game data appears to be working fine. Its just the DLC area is not working at all for on line access. It keeps dropping and blinking off and on at bon fire and basic enemies like the humanities seem to disappear and reappear. Very strange.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:04 am

My bonfire in Oolacile township spasms.
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:32 am

mine is all f***ed aswell.... not sure what the deal is, its been fine up until today..... really strange :/
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:34 am

Started to get worried here! 🇳🇴

Signs of a possible system meltdown? :affraid:
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 am

It happened to me just a few hours ago. I laid my WSS but it either kept blinking or simply vanished. It vanished but it was still there. I went to the Chasm and the Humanity sprites were invisible. I could see the weird fog residue but no sprites. After i went to offline mode, everything went back to normal.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am

Where do we complain? Besides here.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

Thinking back, here's something that started happened just prior to the bug. AS SOON AS I Would step into Oocalile Township, the fog gate would go up (an Invasion attempt), which NEVER ever happened that quick. A few secs later the fog gate would disappear, BUT the bonfire would remain disabled , sometimes the fog gate would come back up, sometimes not. I could run into the arena ( hoping to reset the bonfire), but most times did not work. Quit and restart reset the bonfire, but same scenario would repeat itself. Now if I just stood there when fog gate appeared, then disappeared ( waiting to get summoned), I would get another failed invasion or 2 then a red phantom would finally spawn. This happened many, many times then the blinking started.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 am

Thinking about it, what you've just described has happened to me a lot since the latest patch was released, but I never gave it much thought as it was happening in and around the Darkroot Garden bonfire area, where summons and invasions are a bit hit and miss at the best of times, and so it could be that this is all tied in with Patch 1.06 in some way, as this was happening to me prior to me getting the DLC.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:04 am

Gazman0169 wrote:Thinking about it, what you've just described has happened to me a lot since the latest patch was released, but I never gave it much thought as it was happening in and around the Darkroot Garden bonfire area, where summons and invasions are a bit hit and miss at the best of times, and so it could be that this is all tied in with Patch 1.06 in some way, as this was happening to me prior to me getting the DLC.

Never saw the bonfire remain inactive after a failed invasion ( no failed invasion, session could not be created messages). Seems this just started happening to me in the DLC and after the 1.06 patch.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:24 am

I'm 99.9% certain that this is in some way tied-in with the latest Patch (v1.06), and not the DLC.

Most people will not notice this, as they would of got both at the same time, and so are unable to make the distinction, but as I had the Patch days before I got the DLC I can confirm that (for me at any rate) this was happening a lot more (all be it in a different area) before I started using the DLC.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 am

Thank God you guys are having the same problem! This just started for me last night and I was freaking out that my PS3 (older 80 gig) was going to crash on me.

I guess a fix will be coming.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 am

Also going by all of the posts that have now started to surface on this, it would appear that for some reason the DLC areas are by far and away the worst affected by this, but I can vouch that other areas are not immune to it either.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:56 am

Patch the patch, FROM.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 am

Wow i almost made a post about this last night, but it kind of stopped so i didnt. Everything like pyromancy,spells,signs/messages,bonfire flames, kept flickering and disappearing. Weird.

Oh, and for me it ONLY happens in the DLC areas. That is with all my saves.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 am

Same for my The aura from wolf. RTSR flickers on and off Magic is invisible and also items and soul signs flicker on and off i can still pick items up and summon people i just have to wait for them to flicker and then grab em, seems like a visual glitch as i was invading in oolacile no problem, It actually helps invasions as my magic is invisble :O how odd
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Yay now dark magic is even more overpowered cheers
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:27 pm

This used to happen in Kiln back in the day. My guess (it's only a guess) is that there is sooooo much action in Oolicile these days that they system is having a hard time keeping up.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:39 pm

At least it's only a bug that affects visuals, not like it breaks the game or anything. Still hope it gets fixed though lol, it's easy to adjust to (for me anyway) but it's still a bit annoying.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Odinbear Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:47 pm

aceluby wrote:This used to happen in Kiln back in the day. My guess (it's only a guess) is that there is sooooo much action in Oolicile these days that they system is having a hard time keeping up.

The whole DLC all in one day, PS3 only, weeks after release? Yea I'm not convinced that could be it. The system was real busy the first week. Seeing as it is patch/DLC specific seems like something else. (timed virus? Lol).

Does FROM even know this is happening? Is it US only? Have they acknowledged it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:36 am