Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Pharaun
Whknight
FlamingHarlekin
Halicarnassis
Brokewilly
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Carphil
shadowsoldiers
Big Ben
deadagain
DxV04
strangejoy
16 posters

The Forest Covenant!

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Forest Covenant! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Forest Covenant!

Post by Brokewilly Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:23 pm

Jarlaxe – do not get discouraged about the number of defeats you experience as FoC member. Yesterday was a bad day for me also – many battles but only 2-3 victories. Two of which were glorious battles – no holds barred cage matches. Your intent as FoC member is to learn from all your battles and use that knowledge to be victorious in the future. Keep invading, keep learning the various tactics used by campers and eventually you will start to win battles when at first defeat was staring you in the face.

“All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.” – SUN TZU

Brokewilly signing off – going to be doing some serious invading tonight – smiling as the blood drips from my blade.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Ok I'm probably gonna get creamed for this but here it goes..

I have done both, host and hunter..I don't like the word farmer cause I really couldn't care less about the souls. I like the PvP. Here is what I have learned in both. Even on a heavy invasion / summoning day, you will repeatedly invade and be invaded by the same Hunters and Hosts. So take the time to see how your battle is going. If you lose ajust your style or equipment. If your fighting a tank with high poise it's not a smart move to try and match blow for blow..so you can either change your gear and weapon to try and match his/her poise or change your fight style. tanks are strong but usually not very mobile or able to deal with change so if your dealing with a sword wielding tank use fast pyro casting along with quick melee weapons and change up. do not get baited into fighting their way.

For the 2vs1 and 3vs1 best weapons in my opinion are WOTG..to help stagger them and keep them off you..(DO NOT SPAM) They will get used to it an learn to evade. Great Combustion: Good fast medium hitting spell against those that use all their stamina by mashing the R1 Tag them when they are off balance again (Do Not Spam). Fire tempest is another solid hard hitting Pyro that can level a field rather quickly.. Just remember to make sure you have enough distance and time to set it off. Play the odds I know some people may think that some spells are easy to avoid but in the heat of battle it's funny how quick they can make a wrong move. Also don't be afraid to roll and dodge away from them, remember you don't have to stand there and trade blows every time, wait for them to get aggravated and mess up and then own them.

Disclaimer: I by no means do I consider myself really good or even a good PvP fighter, but using these types of strategies I went from averaging 95% loss ratio to about a 30% loss ration I have also been able to handle my fair share of 2 and 3v1 fights.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Why would you get creamed? hehe because you do both? I would not worry about it.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Ted, that all seems pretty reasonable to me. I find great combusion a bit risky when I'm double teamed, because it opens me up to backstabs. But you're right that it's a great option for heavy hitting without messing up stamina.
    eneq
    eneq
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by eneq Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:19 am

I like the Forest, I am not a covenant member but Its perfect for a continuous series of invasions and one avoid the risk of getting called into service against farmers.

True occasionally you get a 2 vs 1 setup and the ocassional guy running of and hiding until another spawns and sneaks up and backstabs you but hey just laugh and redo happy

Other benefits is ofcourse the two bridges and even the ladder and you also get some souls for the NPC when you die and have to clear again.

Im doing fairly well even in some 2vs1 setups depending on the skill of the other players but then again Im pretty well geared for my level so I dont mind the 2vs1 and actually kinda makes it interesting.

And then ofcourse there are these lol moments that just makes the game so much more fun...

1. Managed to get inbetween two invaders and brought them both down at the same time with a R2 with my trusty Halberd.

2. Had an invader that ran and hid, and didnt show up for 4 duels and I went looking. As I crossed the tower bridge the guy comes the other side with PoW running and when we meet there goes the nova and im down in two blasts happy

3. Was battling this guy when my halberd broke and the fight was pretty even and I had no backup happy Then when I msgd him for a laugh he was quite rude back so dunno what was going on there...

Anyway, thanks to the trusty forest I finally have all my twinkle upgradeable gear to max happy Now its time for the normal titanite stuff...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:00 am