Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

SL50 morning star / notched whip build

OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

SL50 morning star / notched whip build Empty SL50 morning star / notched whip build

Post by OmniBot Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:26 am

http://tinyurl.com/b3cb2qc

I've been meaning to make a build around these two rarely used weapons for a while, and so far this is the best I've come up with. It's a silly unoptimized build so I don't expect to win much but it should be fun.

I'm considering dropping the notched whip for a jagged ghost blade, as that way I can put 7 more points into vitality or endurance. I was wondering what you guys think would be the better off hand weapon to complement the morning star. The whip has more range and damage, a better parry, and looks great with the morning star, but the ghost blade is faster, can dead angle, and gives me more stats to work with.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

SL50 morning star / notched whip build Empty Re: SL50 morning star / notched whip build

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:56 am

i like it, the reg whip i have only seen a couple of people use it, i see the notched whip a lot.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

SL50 morning star / notched whip build Empty Re: SL50 morning star / notched whip build

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:11 am

I like that!

But I think you should consider mace instead of morning star and regular whip instead of notched for some extra AR. Honestly, i don't think you will ever get your opponent bleed with two slow weapons. I also think that power within in PvP is often a bad idea, but that's just my opinion.

Something like this maybe? http://tinyurl.com/a3dxhv3
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 am

i love my mace, the r2 catches a lot of people by surprise a lot. same with the butcher knife(2h)
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:58 am

Yea, the mace completely outclasses the morning star, which makes me sad to no end as I've always thought the morning star was a cool weapon. If the base AR was buffed to 89 I think it'd be much more worthwhile to use. The reinforced club is also better, although it's far less classy. However, I'm determined to give the morning star some love, so I'm afraid it's going to stay.

As for power within, I just kinda' threw that on there 'till I could think of something better. I actually think poison mist or acid surge could be extremely handy, as I can use them to give me space to buff mid fight if great magic weapon runs out.

Any thoughts on the notched whip vs jagged ghost blade dilemma?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 pm

i also love the morning star and its not like it sucks compared to the mace, the ar difference is not that bad. and go with the reg whip damnit!
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:25 pm

One thing i forgot to say: because of the scaling, the difference in AR between mace, reinforced club and morning star is much bigger when two-handed than when one-handed. With 27 str, you rarely want to use the one-handed attacks anyway, so i would say that mace is much better option than morning star or reinforced club. If you want to use morning star for style reasons, that's cool and i'm sure you can be successful with it too.

Like Rant, i would also choose the whip over jagged ghost blade.
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

Post by OmniBot Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Yea, after looking at the character planner again the difference in damage is just too much. 1-handed the mace does 50 more damage than the morning star, and two handed it does 65 more damage! I think I'll just forgo the novelty bleed and use a pickaxe + normal whip. Those weapons look better with the armor anyway.

If only there was some reason to use the morning star besides looks. sad
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:58 pm

dude use the morningstar, its still a good weapon and its not like it sucks. regular whip ftw!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:25 pm