Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Boogerwood
GkMrBane
6 posters

Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise?

GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise? Empty Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise?

Post by GkMrBane Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 am

Ok so I’ve noticed that while two handing my dark sword I can (in one hit) break the guard of undead with spear and shield, on other occasions I noticed while doing pvp it is much easier to break guard’s however it doesn’t seem to be any different for great swords and Ultra Great swords.

Any thought's and experiences you guys would like to share that pertain to this involving PVE and PVP?

Thanks for your imput.Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise? 945058907
    Boogerwood
    Boogerwood
    Casual
    Casual

Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise? Empty Re: Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise?

Post by Boogerwood Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:54 am

I don't know specifically, but with the P2D edition they have REALLY made some changes. Some for the better, some for the worse. Most changes seem to have nerfed effects so this would be nice to know! I literally just posted a question about the benefits of 2-handing a weapon since I've created a Geralt of Rivia build (http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Geralt). Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment. I hope your post gets some answers from some of the DS elite (lol).
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise? Empty Re: Are there new shield stamina dmg parameters? what about Poise?

Post by GkMrBane Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:05 am

Agreed hopefully more people with there Godly Stat-ness will stop by and give this humble thread some imput. O.O
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:35 pm

From my Dark Sword days, I can tell you that it was always possible to break the spear hollow's block while two handing it.

I believe it is easier now, though. I've been breaking blocks more often now in PVP.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Ever since the PC version came out, one difference listed was that more Stamina gets taken up while blocking.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:40 pm

i remember hearing that straight swords in general received a bigger hidden bonus from twohanding than other weapons, can't confirm it though.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:37 pm

Was the stamina drain increased to rebalance the game after nerfing the stunlock weapons?

My character also seem to recover faster after being stunned.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:09 am

Great swords were made a teensy bit slower and stun time was decreased, pretty much getting rid of lots of stunlocking.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:09 am

Ultra Greatswords still stunlock though.

ALso I'd agree it seems like straight swords recieved a buff in some form or another.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:00 pm