Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears.

Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears.

Post by Onion Knight on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 pm

So apart from any future Guild Wars or Witcher games , this is what I'm looking forward to , along with pretty much any pc gamer with even only a mild interest in strategy games. However I'm apprehensive , the original Rome was in my opinion Creative Assembly's magnum opus, the series has been in steady decline since then. The original Rome was the perfect blend of visuals , scale, variety and a competent ai as well as an excellent modding community http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214 that has kept the game fresh for thousands of gamers for these past 10 years. Although Shogun 2 has essentially saved the series after the disastrous Empire Total War. It still highlighted the problems that have bogged the newer instalments of the series.
    -Shorter , smaller and frankly dull Campaign maps with a terrible and buggy ai.
    -A lack of unit variety (even with basic model design.)
    -Many easy to solve bugs and sometimes major bugs upon release.
    -Hammy battle ai which is as predictable and subtle as brick wall.
    -DRM.
    Sorry about the miniature rant ; but this is the sequel that us Total War fans have been looking for since Medieval 2. Welp even if it's broken it'll look nice I guess .....
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/07/18/two-new-total-war-rome-ii-screenshots-showcase-the-siege-of-carthage-look-impressive/

Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Re: Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears.

Post by Wade_Wilson on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I've only played Rome Total War, and it's my third favourite game of all time (Dark Souls is first, followed by AoE II). However, I've heard a lot of complaints that they've dumbed down the series since then.

In the distance machines come to transform Eden, day by day
    Only love is with us now, something warm and pure!
    Find the peace within ourselves, no need for the cure!

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:29 am