Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears.

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears. Empty Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears.

Post by Onion Knight Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:39 pm

So apart from any future Guild Wars or Witcher games , this is what I'm looking forward to , along with pretty much any pc gamer with even only a mild interest in strategy games. However I'm apprehensive , the original Rome was in my opinion Creative Assembly's magnum opus, the series has been in steady decline since then. The original Rome was the perfect blend of visuals , scale, variety and a competent ai as well as an excellent modding community http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=214 that has kept the game fresh for thousands of gamers for these past 10 years. Although Shogun 2 has essentially saved the series after the disastrous Empire Total War. It still highlighted the problems that have bogged the newer instalments of the series.
    -Shorter , smaller and frankly dull Campaign maps with a terrible and buggy ai.
    -A lack of unit variety (even with basic model design.)
    -Many easy to solve bugs and sometimes major bugs upon release.
    -Hammy battle ai which is as predictable and subtle as brick wall.
    -DRM.
    Sorry about the miniature rant ; but this is the sequel that us Total War fans have been looking for since Medieval 2. Welp even if it's broken it'll look nice I guess .....
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/07/18/two-new-total-war-rome-ii-screenshots-showcase-the-siege-of-carthage-look-impressive/
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears. Empty Re: Rome 2 Total War. Thoughts and Fears.

Post by Wade_Wilson Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:59 pm

I've only played Rome Total War, and it's my third favourite game of all time (Dark Souls is first, followed by AoE II). However, I've heard a lot of complaints that they've dumbed down the series since then.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:21 pm