Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Back Lot Basher
ssss_2_is_pwnage
>Brave<
CaligoIllioneus
xSomax
VinheimProfessor
IV_Mark_VI
T-King-667
12 posters

IMHO "Undead rapport" needs a buff

T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

IMHO "Undead rapport" needs a buff Empty IMHO "Undead rapport" needs a buff

Post by T-King-667 Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 pm

for thos of you who dont know "undead rapport" is a pyro spell That turns an npc enemy into an ally for a certain amount of time. But anyway The issues i have with the spell is that for one When you turn an enemy into an ally they dont follow you, they just stand there. And 2 if you were planning to lure a mob of enemys back to your turned ally you better do it fast because the spell only last's 30 seconds. So with that said. The only use you can have is if you turn an archer (an example is the archer just outside the burg bonfire). To make this spell actually viable is if the turned ally followed you and the spell wears off only when he dies. You may say "well it would be an op spell since you can turn steel knights and undead cooks" But the spell has a 2 second casting time and you have to be within touching distance. Which is suicide for the traditional pyro that would normally have no poise. I was hopeing somthing like this would be in the game and when i found this spell and tryed it out i was disappointed at how useless it was.
    Although that could leave the spell op in ways where if you summond 2 other phantoms and they had the spell aswell. then you can have a pack of 6 running around and that would form a new form of hell ganking... What do you guys think?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

IMHO "Undead rapport" needs a buff Empty Re: IMHO "Undead rapport" needs a buff

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uKQ-bXkmo
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Agreed. It's one of those things that shows the limits of what the designers envisioned for the gameplay systems.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 am

most spells are usually limited by your ingenuity with them. this is one of those spells, as mark so kindly showed us
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:51 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2uKQ-bXkmo
    I seen that video somtime ago. And sure in that one case you can use it for pvp but what about pve? sitting by a steel knight waiting for an invader to come in dosent have much use. And it only last's 30 seconds, as you seen in the vid at certain points the knight turned on the host unexpectedly because the spell ran out.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:21 pm

It's not a spell you can constantly rely on, but it has its uses, and it's fun. For "serious" uses I'd always try it on archers (the ones at Duke's Archives come to mind) and for fun stuff, I would try to get a wheel skeleton to fight another...
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:40 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:It's not a spell you can constantly rely on, but it has its uses, and it's fun. For "serious" uses I'd always try it on archers (the ones at Duke's Archives come to mind) and for fun stuff, I would try to get a wheel skeleton to fight another...
    Yeah it can be alot of fun to mess around with. But i just wish it was more useful. I remember back a few months back when i was at sens. I was a phantom and i killed the bomb thrower. I managed to kick the undead archer all the way to the top where thr bomb thrower would be. When the host was fighting the boss i used rapport on him and he attacked the boss from there and did a bit of damage. So i guess me and the archer could have picked at the boss from a distance. But the effort of kicking the archer all the way up there was a pain. And it can only be useful if the host knows not to kill the archer and that the host wont get himself killed in 2 seconds.
    >Brave<
    >Brave<
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by >Brave< Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:54 am

Did a undead rapport run through the burg. Good times were had.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:38 am

First... it must be said.....

TTTTTTTTTTAAAARRRRRRRKKKUUUUSSSSSSSS...

... Now that that is done I can say that I completely agree. The spell could be really effective and fun to base a build around even but it lasts a short time and casts pretty slow. It's more of a taunt tbh.. I know I saw one of Sansveidotcom's videos somebody was using it on the BP big dudes from gravelord curses in the depths (butchers) or the barenike knights (ik I spelled that wrong) in the parish while gravelording and they're like murder invaders faces. Was funny, but initially it's really not very useful. They need to increase the length of the effect to like 2 minutes or something, it's make for some really fun playtime :3
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:11 pm

This is the one pyro I've never tried, simply because I've always heard how poorly it works. Great concept though.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:33 pm

You can use undead rapport to throw off an invader whom invaded you.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Rynn wrote:You can use undead rapport to throw off an invader whom invaded you.
    what how
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:55 pm

Shindori wrote:
    Rynn wrote:You can use undead rapport to throw off an invader whom invaded you.
    what how
    Because invaders think the npc's in the area wont attack them. But when they been rapported (brainwashed) they attack invaders aswell thus being a supprise to them and throwing them off.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:22 pm

OOOOHHHHHHH
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 am

exactly. I use undead rapport on my fog ring assassin. I rapport any enemies i can get near without getting hit. I peg on rapport, and the NG+7 mobs wreck invaders whom don't even try to dodge, and are -so- confused about it that it proves a viable distraction to kill them myself.

TLDR: Rapport works insanely well, it just doesn't work in a dueling environment.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 am

I've tried to use it, but timing always becomes an issue, so while I theoretically see it could be useful, I've yet to be in a situation where it actually has helped. I'll give it another look.
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:23 am

Rynn wrote:exactly. I use undead rapport on my fog ring assassin. I rapport any enemies i can get near without getting hit. I peg on rapport, and the NG+7 mobs wreck invaders whom don't even try to dodge, and are -so- confused about it that it proves a viable distraction to kill them myself.

TLDR: Rapport works insanely well, it just doesn't work in a dueling environment.
    Okay so use it on ng+7 with fog ring and against invaders... That seems like quite a hassle to make a pyro useful. I just wish the spell only wore off either when the npc dies or when you rapported another npc. And rapported enemy's followed you. The only real way i can see this not working is if steel berenike knights get caught up in doorways when they try to follow you.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 am

T-King-667 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:exactly. I use undead rapport on my fog ring assassin. I rapport any enemies i can get near without getting hit. I peg on rapport, and the NG+7 mobs wreck invaders whom don't even try to dodge, and are -so- confused about it that it proves a viable distraction to kill them myself.

Okay so use it on ng+7 with fog ring and against invaders... That seems like quite a hassle to make a pyro useful. I just wish the spell only wore off either when the npc dies or when you rapported another npc. And rapported enemy's followed you. The only real way i can see this not working is if steel berenike knights get caught up in doorways when they try to follow you.

Don't underestimate them dig dudes Tarky. They can get around :x
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:27 pm

I think this spell works just fine the way it is now. My only complaint is the converted enemies don't follow me, which is why I back stab them before the spell wears off.
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    ssss_2_is_pwnage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ssss_2_is_pwnage Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm

WandererReece wrote:I think this spell works just fine the way it is now. My only complaint is the converted enemies don't follow me, which is why I back stab them before the spell wears off.

It lasts 30 seconds.. how can you find a use for a 30 second enemy? The backstab would take up like 5 seconds by itself, so thats less time >.<
    T-King-667
    T-King-667
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by T-King-667 Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:30 pm

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:I think this spell works just fine the way it is now. My only complaint is the converted enemies don't follow me, which is why I back stab them before the spell wears off.

It lasts 30 seconds.. how can you find a use for a 30 second enemy? The backstab would take up like 5 seconds by itself, so thats less time >.<
    Yeah and theres nothing worse than actually haveing a rapported guy helping you fight multiple enimys then out of nowhere the spell wears off and now everybodys trying to kill you. This is especially bad when your rapported guy is behind you when the timer runs out.
    xSomax
    xSomax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xSomax Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:21 pm

point and case is that you need to keep aware of the rapported enemy. doesn't seem like a big problem to me if your letting it get behind you, then your trusting it to much. especially for a 30 second ally
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Would be a really fun spell to use if it lasted a minute or two, but as it is it's more trouble than it's worth.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm

T-King-667 wrote:
    Not every spell is intended for use in conventional PvP. Rapport works very well in several PvP situations, and one of those does happen to be rapporting NPC's when you know an invader is nearby.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

ssss_2_is_pwnage wrote:It lasts 30 seconds.. how can you find a use for a 30 second enemy? The backstab would take up like 5 seconds by itself, so thats less time >.<

To clarify, I back stab them when the other enemies around us are dead. Also, I could find a use for a 30 sec ally if it could follow me, but it works ok the way it is now with a lot of skill.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 am