Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WyrmHero
schultz
reim0027
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Uparkaam
Wisp
10 posters

Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand?

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand? Empty Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand?

Post by Wisp Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 am

Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand? Empty Re: Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand?

Post by Uparkaam Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:26 am

Not in the same way as it did in Demon's Souls.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand? Empty Re: Does the Kick > Katana slash combo work when the katana is in your off hand?

Post by Wisp Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:46 am

I never played demon's souls so I don't know what that means. Thanks though.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:59 pm

the effect in demons souls was an infinite unescaple stunlock since poise didn't exist, also off hand katanas aren't as fast as they were in demons souls probably to prevent this exploit.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:18 pm

It wasn't truly inescapable. You could toggle out, just like in DkS.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:05 pm

Anyway, what i'm asking is, if you kick someone, are you guaranteed to hit them afterwards with a katana slash in the off-hand, like you are with one in the main hand?
    schultz
    schultz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by schultz Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:13 pm

i would think so since they have the same animation, but offhand tends to do less damage but i could be wrong. try it out on the burg silly
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:15 pm

I dont have access to DkS for the foreseeable future.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Haha trying to push lock wisp? silly
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:16 pm

I don't know what that is either, I feel so ignorant Look Skyward
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:33 pm

It was an annoying technique in DeS. Easy to do and very powerful.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 pm

That sucks...
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Even worse with a BBS. You learned to toggle quickly when they started to push.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:35 pm

I think my strict adherence to the BSS as my favorite weapon is a possible side effect from my usage of the BBS and the similarity in their acronyms
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:26 pm

BBS is one scary weapon. Only matched by a purple kilij.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:58 am

I was just watching a guy fight gankers that were using scraping spears.
    That weapon is OP as ***.
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:00 am

To answer your question, yes it does work. Same as it would in your main hand. I had a 40/40 build with a Clay in the main and CB in the off, and kick+katana swipe was one of my go-to moves. Same speed, same damage.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:50 am

Thank you very much Mr CK Hurrah
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:34 pm

No sweat, my man.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:35 pm

I like how it took 2 pages before someone answered a question as simple as that silly
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Shrug

Seems to happen to me a lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 pm